MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
TK

Republic of Singapore Air Force

More oldies as requested....

One of my all-time favourites, the classic streamlined shaped British fighter.......presenting the Hawker Hunter.

IPB Image

A classic head-on shot of the Hunter. One would wonder if the TSR 2 was not cancelled by the Labour government, would she have taken over the Hunter's role and land up with Singapore Air Defence Command (SADC) - the predessor of RSAF. Hmmm interesting thoughts for a what-if model....

IPB Image

The Skyhawk is also quite popular. More so if it is the two-seater verson. Presenting the TA-4SU, which was fitted with the GE F404 engines (yes, same engine as the Hornet) in an old airframe but with updated avonics.

IPB Image

Not exactly part of the Open House but there is a A-4S in delivery colours and original insignia (similar to Peru). This is the original Skyhawk, converted from A-4Bs that was delivered to SADC. With the A-4SU being towed away onto the taxiway, this was a chance to catch a side shot of her.

IPB Image

Continuing from where I left off, before I disappeared for a last-minute short trip.

The launch alarm has sounded. The pilots and crew on alert dashed to their aircraft.

IPB Image

Whilst they were starting up, the F-16C Blk52+ of 145 sqn sneaked out and performed a solo aerobatic display.

IPB Image

At the frontline, first to taxi off are the F-5S of 144 Sqn. To the left of the picture is the tailfin of an F-16C of 140sqn, the first fighter squadron.

IPB Image

And yes, Norman they did take off almost simultaneously. A couple of seconds apart for a little bit of spacing. Pity the soldiers lying near the departing aircraft. Imagine the noise...

IPB Image

The F-16Cs did likewise. Note the afterburner glow.

IPB Image

The Apaches look small but they sure can deliver a punch. This is the most menacing picture that I could find. They look so puny in my other pics.

IPB Image

The Super Ps (for Puma) is the workhorse helicopter of the airforce, working closely with the land force.

IPB Image

The Chinook CH-47SD has proven her capability in recent mercy missions in the region.

IPB Image

Some landing shots, as the flying display segment ends to the music of "the final countdown".

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The C-130 attempted a short field landing and stop right in front of show centre.

IPB Image

:drinks:

Edited by Kwek

Kwek, nice oldies and actions! love the one showing the crew dashing to their a/c.. :good:

A belated commend to the photos and the contributors! They are all wundervoll!! :clapping:

Home for one week; dial-up connection; too slow; too many good pics; loading takes ages...

Awesome pictures, guys: hope to join you on the next 'Open day" ;)

The equipment used by the RSAF is very similar to RNethAF, except, we don't fly the F-5 anymore...

Also........KC135 will be KC10 in our case and SuperPuma would be Cougar...rest all similar :pardon:

Thanks, again, for sharing these wonderful shots: you all made my day :drinks:

Good day guys. Here are some of my takes at the open house. :lol:

Here we have TK preparing to fire back at the firing squad. :D

IPB Image

Some pics from the air display...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

...and a sunset shot with all the oldies together. :D

IPB Image

More shots from the RSAF Open House as I process my images . . .

Awesome Hunters . . . armed to the teeth. They must have been potent adversaries during their heydays.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The not-so-old E-2C Hawkeye climbs to a cruise level, looks down, sees all and knows all . . . like a wise one graduating from the university and wearing a "square hat" - albeit with slightly more rounded edges.

IPB Image

And then there are those taking the all-important toddler steps in acquiring the right to fly . . . going out in their Piper Warrior IIs . . . all four made a beeline for the runway and took off in quick succession for a short 30 minute flight.

IPB Image

KC Sim

hey KC..those HawkEye nose looks like some kind of dog...

eh Kwek..you got steady hands on your 100-400mm!! I wish i have that lens couple with Nikon body!! ha ha

2 Heavy duty aircraft

IPB Image

what a thin wing! :blink:

IPB Image

i wish i can just run towards this plane and take her up to the sky!!

IPB Image

HOT end!! taken with SB-800 flash, to light up those burners

IPB Image

COOL Gear

IPB Image

Sorry for posting late. Came back from S'pore on 9/9 but still got many things in office. Only got free time to go through my shots today.

I'll post something not covered by TK, KC and Kwek.

The joyride on C130.

IPB Image

Walking slowly to board the plane. Yong Kiet on the furthest left.

IPB Image

View from my seat towards the rear of C130.

IPB Image

Powerful air-con, can see the mist.

IPB Image

Free time to move around even when the plane is climbing. View from rear. No windows are vacant.

IPB Image

View from front.

More to come soon.

Wonderfull stuff in the Charlie 130, I like the aircon... I wonder how they manage to keep their interior so clean? I wonder RMAF's a/c that clean or not?? <_>

More pics.......

IPB Image

My seat. This is really cattle class with the netting type of seats but i'm not complaining.

IPB Image

I think he's the flight engineer, please correct me if i'm wrong. He was standing there from start till end of the joyride. Can u notice anything different of me?

IPB Image

The priceless view of S'pore City from C130, but the windows are full of scratches.

IPB Image

One more pic of the interior.

IPB Image

The door started to open even we are still taxiing on the apron. What a unique experience.

This joyride is really fun esp for me as a M'sian onboard a RSAF aircraft.

Many thanks to Yong Kiet and KC for making this joyride possible for me.

I bet those wonders thought this "What!! The interior doesn't looks like the one in SQ 777" :p

Nice shots man~!!! Love them all, must be fun circling around Singapore!!!.........can I know what's the open house next year?? :rolleyes:

One thing i notice is that RSAF's a/c are all so clean... and they dont have RUSSIAN TOYZ1!!! <_>

Lucky Raymond on the C-130 joyride.

Just imagine you're a soldier going o the battlefield. This could be your last flight ever. And that is the sort of interior they give you?

Lucky Raymond on the C-130 joyride.

Just imagine you're a soldier going o the battlefield. This could be your last flight ever. And that is the sort of interior they give you?

Actually those seats are still ok, at least it has plenty of legroom.

Some more pics

IPB Image

Taken after the joyride. The copilot and somebody from the jumpseat is looking at me.

IPB Image

1st F-16 taxiing in with sister plane behind. The pilot is looking towards my direction. Is the pilot name written on the side of the cockpit? If yes, then his name is Capt David Lim.

Well, at least they give you blow air-con before you die. :lol:

Anyway, it is not very often we get to see the interior of a military aircraft, so very rare and preciouss photos indeed. Are the interior wall covered with foam or something? I was expecting like bare metal.

Some more pics to share...

IPB Image

Sunset over 3 classic plane and helicopter.

IPB Image

Taken in the morning, hence a bit backlit. In the foreground is the F16D+ and in the background Charlie 130 with troopers in action.

IPB Image

Chinook dropping off a jeep onto the taxiway. Very lucky to get the anti-collision light.

More to come...

There's some demonstration on the loading of weapons for F-16 around noon.

IPB Image

By the way, anyone knows how heavy is the missle?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

F-16 after missle loading. The vehicle in front is used for loading the machine guns.

Hope u guys enjoy.

There's some demonstration on the loading of weapons for F-16 around noon.

IPB Image

They are using a dummy AIM-9L Sidewinder missile although its weight is same as the real one. Clue? Missile tip....a real AIM would have glass tip for its IR sensors & targetting systems. RSAF decided to use dud ones maybe because of safety concerns...and also its price (USD260,000 per missile).

Edited by Denny Yen

Sign in to follow this