MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

Anybody got me arriving- SQ108 on Sat. 18th and again on Thu 23rd? Definitely saw a spotter at the ladang on Sat. 18th.... with umbrella...

Hope to see more & glad to see the haze has gone: anyone for Hisham's take-off on board 'city of Bangkok' today ? :huh:

Pieter - I doubt if anyone went spotting and took shots of the 'City of Bangkok' that day. PH-BFB arrived late at Gate C something (can't remember which one :sorry: , will have to check my boarding pass again) from AMS around about 1545 hours and it was raining then. It also took off late to CGK about almost 1800 hours and again, it was raining and kinda dark as well :(

I will provide the details in my KUL - CGK - KUL trip report later :)

Hope to see more & glad to see the haze has gone: anyone for Hisham's take-off on board 'city of Bangkok' today ? :huh:

Pieter - I doubt if anyone went spotting and took shots of the 'City of Bangkok' that day. PH-BFB arrived late at Gate C something (can't remember which one :sorry: , will have to check my boarding pass again) from AMS around about 1545 hours and it was raining then. It also took off late to CGK about almost 1800 hours and again, it was raining and kinda dark as well :(

Edited by Hisham Albakri

This one touchdown , engaged reversers , floated up , and hit the ground hard again

IPB Image

Hi Gavin,

Is this landing at 14L? What building is at the background of the pic?

Hisham,

Your flight arrived late on the 18th, due to 'electrical problems' prior to departure from AMS :sorry:

Hope you've enjoyed 'the Queen' nevertheless ;)

Yes , 14 Left

Which building ?

That is the Bomba training building in Salak Tinggi.

Hehe... just realised got 2 buildings. I was asking the building on left. Radzi answered it. Thank you Radzi. How bout the one at right?

Yup... what was the setting Teoh?... I see a lot of noise,

but I'm sure FZ50 can handle this easily...

Available light seems good, did you use full-auto mode or semi-auto?

Anyway, capture-wise... nice, seems you got some late rotations there :good: :clapping:

Hehe... just realised got 2 buildings. I was asking the building on left. Radzi answered it. Thank you Radzi. How bout the one at right?

There's one single tall building in Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi town centre. I think this is the one on the right in the pic.

Hmm...

Guess the older-brother to my FZ30 isnt performing well...im reserving my judgement for later.

Teoh,

Did you use the "Extended Optical Zoom" function..? Or Digital Zoom?

If you did...then it explains the drastic reduction in quality.

Very nice shots again guys! Thanks for sharing them. :clapping:

And Gavin, congrats on getting a DSLR and becoming one of the dark-siders. :rolleyes:

Teoh, nice rotation shots, seems like u like nose shots ehh ehehe... except that those nose looks noisy kekkeke.. settting fault i assume is the bugger keep it up, cheers :drinks:

You guys are right, Gavin, Norman, Ignatius, Imran... I (we) actually forgot to set to higher pixels... Our mistake! Will do better next time, hopefully... :D But I'll need more pointers from you guys; just a novice here... <_>

Imran, I'm not sure if I've set to the "extended" setting. I think I probably did, but the pixels was set at kinda... em... not max... can't recall.

Nose shots, tail shots, butt shots... Hehehe... All I like... :lol:

Please, if possible, tell what's the problem, one by one... Thanks! :)

Imran, I'm not sure if I've set to the "extended" setting. I think I probably did, but the pixels was set at kinda... em... not max... can't recall.

Teoh,

I usually set my pixels to the highest setting - if I miss anything, or if the object is not in frame, I can always go back and crop it out nicely.

Most importantly, set Digital Zoom to OFF. :good:

Have fun!

Teoh,

I usually set my pixels to the highest setting - if I miss anything, or if the object is not in frame, I can always go back and crop it out nicely.

Most importantly, set Digital Zoom to OFF. :good:

Have fun!

Yes, yes, I think we should do that. I (we) forgot to set that the max; newbie, still very careless...

Went spotting this morning and met a spotter from Austria, a white-sider... haha :p He knows malaysianwings and seems to be in contact with Chaity too. We had a great time. Couldn't remember his name though.. :(

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yes, yes, I think we should do that. I (we) forgot to set that the max; newbie, still very careless...

Hi Teoh, it could be the setting in your camera and the cropping of the photos.

I saw some photos provided by Arief, they look better and not so noisy.

Went spotting this morning and met a spotter from Austria, a white-sider... haha :p He knows malaysianwings and seems to be in contact with Chaity too. We had a great time. Couldn't remember his name though.. :(

IPB Image

Hi Liau, good that you met the Anet photographer Helmut and accompany him spotting. :good:

A few shots from our spotting session with Koos (Netherlands), Herman (Austria), Arief (Indonesia) and local spotter Teoh & Yin.

B744 preparing to go for a long journey

IPB Image

Japang Cargo passing the 2 icons of KLIA

IPB Image

Arief, Teoh and Yin, here's what you missed..... :rolleyes: + AK Amazing plane too

IPB Image

Edited by Chaity

A few shots especially for RED BELLY fans

Rain, rain go away ......

IPB Image

Come again another day ..... :D

IPB Image

1-month old plane with the clean engine

IPB Image