MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Oslo-Gardermoen airport

My Sterling 73G OY-MRI departing again for the next flight:

IPB Image

Why 'they' removed the titles and flags from the fuselage is unknown to me:

IPB Image

Norwegian.no is a low-cost airline from Norway; wonder why more and more 737's have the 'famous Norwegian faces' removed from their tales :angry: ; note the old Convair440 on the fire-dump in the KKR shot:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Since Norway is not part of the EU, Aeroflot can still use the 'noisy' TU154's to OSL; their new colours are awesome of the Tupolev :good: :

IPB Image

Sun-Air of Denmark franchises as a BA operator; here, you see the DO328 arriving from Billund/Denmark:

IPB Image

Not a single Mad-Dog of SAS will be seen at OSL, only 321's and 737's (and many of the latter); here a -800 series:

IPB Image

Not all Braathens 737's have been repainted in the SAS colours as yet (which one do you prefer ?):

IPB Image

Too bad the weather wasn't too cooperative :angry: ...still hope you've enjoyed the shots ;)

Hey Pieter, Nice shots from ur Place..

A variety of Airlines and Aircraft u get there..Awesome..

Really like the TU154 as well as the Dornier..

Thanks for Sharing ur Shots Pieter..

Pieter.

Fantastic shots! Loved the one of the Tupolev the most...reminds me of home.. :sorry: :good:

Pieter,

sorry to see that the weather was no good. August is this year not good at all around Western Europe. To much rain!

Anyway, you've seen some interesting airliners again. Did you spot them from the terminal building only or did you went also to a remote spot around the perimeter? I can imagine you didn't with all these water falling down the sky :)

How do you think about Sterling? You know my opinion about them. Did they do better on the -700 and -800?

Eric

Did you spot them from the terminal building only or did you went also to a remote spot around the perimeter?

How do you think about Sterling? You know my opinion about them. Did they do better on the -700 and -800?

Eric

Only went outside the building for approximately 1.5-2 hours (left and right part) before it started to pour down again. Temp wasn't too bad (20 degrees), just the amount of rain :( So...no perimeter spotting this time. Did like the general atmosphere of the place: very relaxed people and airport and really liked the smell of the pine trees when outside...the Politi passed 3 times, but never bothered me and were more interested in parking offenders :lol:

AMS-OSL was on OY-MRI, a 737-700 and OSL-AMS was on OY-SEB, a dark-blue 737-800...

Cannot complain about Sterling, especially considering the total fare (incl. taxes) of EUR 65.00; crew was friendly but found the catering/drinks charges quite steep :angry: cockpit information was minimal...

Seat-pitch on the 800 was remarkably better than on the 700; I'm not tall but it was quite cramped on MRI :angry:

AB is the way to go, Eric :good: ;)

Hi Pieter,

its a very nice airport - got any pics of it?

Sterling seems quite popular in Scandinavia. Was at CPH/ARN last week and the queues for check-in were very long compared to other airlines.

Hi Pieter,

its a very nice airport - got any pics of it?

Sterling seems quite popular in Scandinavia. Was at CPH/ARN last week and the queues for check-in were very long compared to other airlines.

Azman,

Check the 'photos from my trips' thread of Kelvin for some OSL Terminal pictures ;)

Apart from flights to AMS, they also operated to AGP, HER and ACE, the short while I was there, all with -800's...they moved away from HEL, though, as it was too tough to enter the Finnish market apparently...

Only went outside the building for approximately 1.5-2 hours (left and right part) before it started to pour down again. Temp wasn't too bad (20 degrees), just the amount of rain :( So...no perimeter spotting this time. Did like the general atmosphere of the place: very relaxed people and airport and really liked the smell of the pine trees when outside...the Politi passed 3 times, but never bothered me and were more interested in parking offenders :lol:

AMS-OSL was on OY-MRI, a 737-700 and OSL-AMS was on OY-SEB, a dark-blue 737-800...

Cannot complain about Sterling, especially considering the total fare (incl. taxes) of EUR 65.00; crew was friendly but found the catering/drinks charges quite steep :angry: cockpit information was minimal...

Seat-pitch on the 800 was remarkably better than on the 700; I'm not tall but it was quite cramped on MRI :angry:

AB is the way to go, Eric :good: ;)

Yeah! AB is indeed the best so far within Europe. But to comeback on the topic about Sterling.dk; I had a flight on a 'old' old fashioned B737-500, probably causing my negative idea about their 'service'. I don't know about the -800's because my onward flight was on a hired MD-83 of JetX. That was a great ride, but didn't show the real Sterling.

I think Scandinavian countries are very tolerant in many things, also to 'spotters' which may be the reason that they didn't gave you an unpleasant visit. Did the -800 have dropdown screens or not?

Pieter, thanks for the info about my upcoming NRT trip this week. About PH-BFB, is that fitted with the new WBC? I think the other full pax still offer the old C?

Thanks

Eric

Did the -800 have dropdown screens or not?

Pieter, thanks for the info about my upcoming NRT trip this week. About PH-BFB, is that fitted with the new WBC? I think the other full pax still offer the old C?

Thanks

Eric

Yes, Eric, the -800 had drop-down screens for the flight-safety demo, but no flight-tracking or 'movies' like AB...

PH-BFB is the 1st one modified with the new WBC seats; also now sporting flat-screens in the Y-class section (i.s.o. monitors)...

Enjoy your trip and looking forward to your (usual) trip-report ;)

Guest Levent

Nice pics, Pieter. I've only been to Norway once, and that was to Bergen. Not too much to spot there... and also a lot of rain.

There is a joke about Bergen that goes something like this:

An English couple are visiting Bergen, and it rains every single day. Finally the man asks a little boy: "Does it ever stop raining here?" And the boy says: "I don't know, Sir, I'm only ten years old..."

Beautiful scenery though.

Sign in to follow this