MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Syaz

Aircraft engineering~

Actually i'm quite doubtful about being a TAME since my highest qualification right now is SPM.. My family disagree i go through the whole selection.. They dont know that i got through this far... They only know about the test.. Then i didnt tell anything more.. :sorry:

A few engineers in AK told me to continue with my studies to get a diploma or degree.. They also said that the license need to be renewed every few yrs..

So, let say worst case scenario.. U can't renew your license.. What can a person do, without any qualification.. although the experience is there.. :help:

Actually i'm quite doubtful about being a TAME since my highest qualification right now is SPM.. My family disagree i go through the whole selection.. They dont know that i got through this far... They only know about the test.. Then i didnt tell anything more.. :sorry:

A few engineers in AK told me to continue with my studies to get a diploma or degree.. They also said that the license need to be renewed every few yrs..

So, let say worst case scenario.. U can't renew your license.. What can a person do, without any qualification.. although the experience is there.. :help:

Same case as when you're a pilot :)

Same case as when you're a pilot :)

Do u mean.. It's like do or die..??

Now, the 1 million dollar question..

If given the choice being a TAME with starting salary of 5k(after 4 yrs) or continue study with the possibility to become a pilot BUT on the other side maybe can't find suitable career or maybe the money is'nt as attractive as LAME.. Which one would you choose..?? :help:

=@

Do u mean.. It's like do or die..??

Now, the 1 million dollar question..

If given the choice being a TAME with starting salary of 5k(after 4 yrs) or continue study with the possibility to become a pilot BUT on the other side maybe can't find suitable career or maybe the money is'nt as attractive as LAME.. Which one would you choose..?? :help:

=@

obviously,TAME i believe won't earn as much as a pilot

obviously,TAME i believe won't earn as much as a pilot

Do u mean should go on and continue studying.. And maybe after graduation not accepted as a cadet, then work as a plain engineer with starting salary somewhere around 2k+.. Plus working with something that you don't have much interest in.. :nea:

Remember , studying to be an engineer is no easy task , take my word for it .

I don't mean that studying engineering is an easy task..

The main question is.. To become a TAME without any diploma or degree

OR

take a diploma or degree 1st before involve in aviation sector..

different human is with different mindset, as long as that is your own path, u should decide it by yourself but not others to decide for you. :)

dude uve got to have the determination. The question is, do u REALLY wanna be a lame? i mean, really2 wanna be 1?

:D

k I'll take that as a yes~ :D cool!!

I don't mean that studying engineering is an easy task..

The main question is.. To become a TAME without any diploma or degree

OR

take a diploma or degree 1st before involve in aviation sector..

lawrence,

if you get a chance to become a TAME b4 you obtain a diploma or a degree...go ahead...but its always save to have a degree or a diploma to fall back on if you look at it from a different angle..aircraft engineer's seniority are based on their license,experience working, and their type ratings..sometimes it doesnt matter if u have a degree or not....and sometimes a degree would give you an edge over the others in your application.also degree is always there to save u from life's unexpected turns..like gavin said..you never know what life has in store for you.. :)

just continue with your quest of acquiring more knowledge and keep reminding yourself of your dreams everyday.you will somehow reach there..if you get the chance now...take it..that my 'prinsip'..cheers mate!!!

Guys...i thought id put my 2 cents in...

As the son of an LAE (no..not a LAME..an LAE :p ), i can comment firsthand that the job is quite tough, especially when you start to get abit older, pushing 40, and have to sacrifice a whole night's sleep to put food on the table.

Sometimes...you'll work overtime and you'll barely have time to spend with your children, your wife, and even yourself! Most of the time...the shift pattern leaves you away from home for almost 12 hours on end....and the pay is rather disgusting in this part of the world.

So...make sure you guys know what you're getting yourself into completely before jumping into it just because your love for aviation has propelled you to do so.

You might love aviation...you might love planes...but you might not love sacrificing your childs birth, family holidays, and funerals just to be outside on a tarmac, under 30+ degree heat (+ lord knows how much from the engine/heated airframe) with almost nothing left in your pocket.

Again...my 2 cents...

Guys...i thought id put my 2 cents in...

As the son of an LAE (no..not a LAME..an LAE :p ), i can comment firsthand that the job is quite tough, especially when you start to get abit older, pushing 40, and have to sacrifice a whole night's sleep to put food on the table.

Sometimes...you'll work overtime and you'll barely have time to spend with your children, your wife, and even yourself! Most of the time...the shift pattern leaves you away from home for almost 12 hours on end....and the pay is rather disgusting in this part of the world.

So...make sure you guys know what you're getting yourself into completely before jumping into it just because your love for aviation has propelled you to do so.

You might love aviation...you might love planes...but you might not love sacrificing your childs birth, family holidays, and funerals just to be outside on a tarmac, under 30+ degree heat (+ lord knows how much from the engine/heated airframe) with almost nothing left in your pocket.

Again...my 2 cents...

Exceptionally true..

lawrence,

To become a LAME, or LAE, the first exam you have to attend is LWTR and it's equivalent to the degree. And with the licence your can go for your master. U only can't renew ur licence in case of blacklist matter, which is u had done something wrong during ur work. And as what Imran said, it is true and u must be tough enough to sacrifice.

Aviation doesn't care about the diploma or degrees but the are care about your licence, ur type ratings and ur experience. The salary that u'll get is high and it'll become more if u can get ur type rating as well. But, please forget about the salary, look at the responsibility on your shoulder. U must have to make sure the aircraft is safety enough to fly before you hand it to the pilot. Working in aviation is not like working in the other sector. Please, think and make sure what do you want actually.

regards,

hanna

lawrence,

Aviation doesn't care about the diploma or degrees but the are care about your licence, ur type ratings and ur experience. The salary that u'll get is high and it'll become more if u can get ur type rating as well. But, please forget about the salary, look at the responsibility on your shoulder. U must have to make sure the aircraft is safety enough to fly before you hand it to the pilot. Working in aviation is not like working in the other sector. Please, think and make sure what do you want actually.

so very true...i have seen my friend's dad having sleepless nights...but..at the end of the day if u really love what u do..you will have the fulfillment..

Don't they have a working shift/roster..??

i meant sleepless nights because of tension...

well well said Hanna. Btw Rohana's my friend and she's a aircraft technician currently working her way up to get her license and ratings. She's also undergoing her flying training privately. I admire her very much. You guys can learn a thing or two from this fine young lady of steel.

Working at odd hours is part and parcel of aviation jobs, unless you like to work in the office. Then again, not everyone will be happy with a 9 to 5 job.

Edited by Radzi

Thanx again for all your advice.. :clapping:

I appreciate it very much... I think i have an idea of what to do.. :good:

BTW, for AK TAME 2nd interview.. Somebody said Tony Fernandez will be among the interviewers.. Can anybody confirm on this... :nea: