MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Syaz

Aircraft engineering~

I went for the AK TAME interview last thursday.. A bit of my experience..

There are 3 interviewers, 1 mat salleh, 1 trainer, n 1 more (BIG guy) i guess he is frm engineering dept. They are QUITE nice.. They ask:

-where do i come from..

-Wat i'm doin now..(I said i'm studying electrical eng.. so they asked y i chosed that course)

-Why i want to become TAME..

-DO U WANT TO FLY THE AIRCRAFT INSTEAD..???(I said yes.. which led to another suicide question..)

-TAME n PILOT, which 1 will u choose..??(I said this is a though one, but i'll choose pilot)

-Then, ask how aircraft fly..

-How jet engine work..

-Then, the big guy told me even if i was chosen as TAME, they wont release me for AK cadet pilot programme..(I think he knew what i was thingking..hehe :) )

-Then they let me ask a few question..

"Thank you n we will inform u the result next week.."

Very short indeed.. Around 15-20 mins..

Edited by LaWrEnZzz

-Wat i'm doin now..(I said i'm studying electrical eng.. so they asked y i chosed that course)

-DO U WANT TO FLY THE AIRCRAFT INSTEAD..???(I said yes.. which led to another suicide question..)

conflicting answer.... :p they caught you

-TAME n PILOT, which 1 will u choose..??(I said this is a though one, but i'll choose pilot)

-Then, the big guy told me even if i was chosen as TAME, they wont release me for AK cadet pilot programme..(I think he knew what i was thingking..hehe :) )

hahaha... that is very suicidal... don't worry, at least now you know you what you're supposed to answer next time :p i heard from my friend, engineer in MH, they and pilot cannot get together one... hahaha

conflicting answer.... :p they caught you

hahaha... that is very suicidal... don't worry, at least now you know you what you're supposed to answer next time :p i heard from my friend, engineer in MH, they and pilot cannot get together one... hahaha

Nvr mind.. I really want to become a pilot.. I came to this interview just to experience the interview in aviation world.. haha.. gonna bury my head in electrical books.. ;)

Cheers :drinks:

My dad say it's important to ask few question (one or two) at the end so the interviewers know that ur very interested :drinks:

Edited by Seth K

Actually, where are you staying right now Syaz ?

where is your campus ?

Hehe Im staying in Ampng.. but my campus is somewhere in Perak.. Petronas University of Technology.. hehe so going back this sunday i guess. Gonna skip class tomorrow. hahah bad syaz!! ala.. 1 class only.. :p

I went for the AK TAME interview last thursday.. A bit of my experience..

There are 3 interviewers, 1 mat salleh, 1 trainer, n 1 more (BIG guy) i guess he is frm engineering dept. They are QUITE nice.. They ask:

-where do i come from..

-Then, ask how aircraft fly..

-How jet engine work..

-Then they let me ask a few question..

"Thank you n we will inform u the result next week.."

Very short indeed.. Around 15-20 mins..

aih.. u shudhve posted this earlier!! hahahaha :rofl: naahh.. that wud be unfair...

so yea been to the interview. started around 335 and ended at 4pm sharp. (theres a time limit i guess. LOL)

yup2. basically they asked me about my personal details.. my level of ineterest.. how much do i noe about aircraft.. and hey, got that question too!! "how does an aircraft fly"? and thanx to this thread, i got to impress the interviewers.. mwahahaha bkoz i can tell that they were a bit sceptical when they first read my resume. u noe..female,18, ladidadida..

there were only 2 interviewers dat day. Larry (he's the engineering cnsultant IF IM NOT MISTAKEN) and Anaz.

yesterday was the last batch so there were only 17 of us.. at the end of the interview, i asked them bout the second interview which is the final stage. is it gonna be harder than this one bla3. so yea, they sed yes basically. which means.. those who are selected have to do some homewrk la..

So overall, it was daunting. haha suicide questions eh? lol but i had fun.. answering the suicide questions. hahah :rofl:

I wish i could tell u earlier.. But i just discovered this website a few days ago.. so.. :(

Hey.. Gud luck to u syaz.. Post update here if u were called for second interview..

Edited by LaWrEnZzz

Hey guys, guess what..

I'm through to the AK TAME 2nd interview.. :yahoo:

Need to do a project to present on the interview day.. 19 Sept 8pm..

Lawrenzzz

I hope you study very hard and read the questions CAREFULLY because I believe when you signed up , you were supposed to fill in your Full Name .

:angry:

Lawrenzzz

I hope you study very hard and read the questions CAREFULLY because I believe when you signed up , you were supposed to fill in your Full Name .

No need to make such a fuss.. My real name is Lawrence.. No big deal..

Mate..congrats!

Though...ive read time and time again that members have asked you to PM gavin so your username can be changed to one that is more respectable. Although ur current one does somewhat indicate that your name is "Lawrence"...it doesn't follow the rules and regulations stipulated in the Conditions of Use and Terms of Conditions which you agreed to adhere to when you initially registered with the MalaysianWings Forum.

Once again...PM gavin ASAP so your username can be changed. Do also bear in mind that your FULL NAME is required.

Not that hard is it... :)

Regards,

' mana ek? '. :D :lol:

Edited by Imran K.

Lawrenzzz

No need to make such a fuss.. My real name is Lawrence.. No big deal..

And once again I urge you to read things properly . It may not be a big deal for YOU . But it is for me .

I'll make a fuss if I want to .

Rules are rules .

Rules are rules .

Also, especially, when you wanna be an engineer with an airline ;)

Hey guys, guess what..

I'm through to the AK TAME 2nd interview.. :yahoo:

Need to do a project to present on the interview day.. 19 Sept 8pm..

Hey2 congrats! got the call too.. facing some probs at the moment. Let me just settle dis first then only Ill be excited as wht im supposed to~ huuu

lawrence, 8pm? wah...

Hey2 congrats! got the call too.. facing some probs at the moment. Let me just settle dis first then only Ill be excited as wht im supposed to~ huuu

lawrence, 8pm? wah...

Congrats to u too.. :clapping:

When is ur interview..?? Do u need to do project to present on the interview day..?

Congrats to u too.. :clapping:

When is ur interview..?? Do u need to do project to present on the interview day..?

its gonna be on dis 21st...4pm. yup2 i do. and i have no idea what kind of presentation is it.. hmmm :mellow:

And once again I urge you to read things properly . It may not be a big deal for YOU . But it is for me .

I'll make a fuss if I want to .

Rules are rules .

Also, especially, when you wanna be an engineer with an airline ;)

Yes.. thats true.. in aviation there is a lot of rules (laws) to follow.. so start early..

Anyway, you're not going study just about the airplane but the law too..

To those accepted for a TAME (MAS/AK) programme.. CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the aviation industry. :clapping:

I got mine too! its on 22 sept 8pm.

Congrats! :) so we're all going huh? cool~

Syamsuri, will accept that 'congratulations' once accepted. (If im lucky enuff that is) B)

are u a LAME?