MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohamad Othman

Journey to the final resting

To see herself and her family pictures on 'friendster' is quite shocking :(

That she may RIP !!!

My condolences to her parents and brother and sister !!!

I pray she may have a good final journey to her homeland/roots...

Hope JK is able to take some arrival-shots of her 'final flight' (and I'll see what I can do for you, mush, tomorrow at her transit-point AMS): no doubt, we all here at MW, will be thinking of her and you and other friends.

Thank you guys for your reply. I just went back from the airport . I want to thank Naim for providing those links for you guys to have clearer info about her jenaza'. Alsoto Uncle pieter for the updates and others who will try to get some pics of the flights.

A little bit off topic. She was a unique person. She just 20 while the rest of our groups are 21, but she was so brave to speak out what she think. She became our spokeperson between the group and the geology department, and because of the efford, we have a very good relation with the profs and TAs. She was also a good listener, and always encourage others personally. We always have communications among the people in the group, sometimes we cooked together. She also will give her full effort to make other feels happy. I still remember talking to her when our group went to Chicago last May. On the way back, I drove the van and she volunteered to become the "co-pilot", sitting at the front seat. It was my first time I have a long conversation with her. With her jokes and sarcastism, it was an unforgettable moment for me.

As you all can see from the friendster, she went for field trips and actually just back about a week before the accident. The last weekend, she went to walmart to buy her bicycle so that it'll be easy for her to go to work. 4 of us (including herself who are not going back home this summer) went for a bbq at Lake Calhoun at downtown Minneapolis. She managed to caught a fish and she was very exited about that. She even agreed when I suggested that the group should go camping the next weekend (which unfortunately didn't come true). 2-3 days later, she cooked her last dinner for all of us, the "Singapore Rice Noodle", something that we didn't expect. She also showed to us that night all pics from her field trip and told all sort of experiences that she had. The last conversation that I had with her was the night before the accident. She asked when we should go to buy things for camping that we planned before and after giving the time, she said ok and that was it.

It was the 2nd time she rode her bicycle to work that morning. We are not allowed to ride our bicycle at the pavement here, so usually we just ride our bicycles at the road side, close to the road curb. It was raining, still dark. The road was getting busy with people went to work. The accident happened went she tried to cross the street form University Ave to Washington Ave while a pick up truck was on the University Ave heading South. Witnessess said that both have yellow lights. Everybody rushed to her body after the impact, including the driver. They tryed to give CPR but failed. None of Malaysians students who crossed that scene that morning ever thought that the body lying covered on the road was our friend, but soon, the news speaded that the person who was incvolved was actually a Malaysian. It took some times before we finally knew who he/she was. And everybody was terribly in shocked after knowing that she was the person. We managed to see her for the last time a day after the accident at the funeral home, and later (last weekend), her body was washed, wrapped and prayed. After receiving the death certificate on Monday, we then proceeded with flight booking.

I'm so sorry to make you guys feel sad with this story. It wasn't my intention. Feeling the lost of a close friend is hardly to described. Errmmm, lets talk about something else. I just want to show some pics regarding with the topic.

the funeral home

IPB Image

docking area for cargo

IPB Image

at Lake Calhoun about 2 months ago. She was wearing the pink color scarf

IPB Image

Thanks for reading my post. I hope to see a few flight pics from any of you guys if you managed to get some. I'm sorry for to share this sad story and thank you once again for reading.

After seeing those pics and the moments you guys spent together and also the account at the scence I feel more the pain in you guys and especially the family... "Be encouraged in the days to come" is all I can offer you you guys...

After seeing those pics and the moments you guys spent together and also the account at the scence I feel more the pain in you guys and especially the family... "Be encouraged in the days to come" is all I can offer you you guys...

A sudden demise is always painful. It's like being instantaneously erased from The Matrix, leaving a vacuum for others to agonize over.

Mush,

Was able to take pictures of Abidah's last flights home...sorry, for the quality, but had to take along my Finepix i.s.o. D50 on my trip to Oslo (for security reasons), however, before my flight down there, I was able to take pictures of the NW aircraft having just arrived from MSP, and after arriving back at AMS, had to rush back up again onto the terrace before it closed at 8pm...

I sincerely do hope these pictures will all be a comfort not only to you but also to her relatives !!!

Do know, that she was comfortable during her transit at Schiphol; I've seen the mortuary at the airport, and it's really 'nice' if you can say so :sorry:

Here are the Northwest pictures; Abidah's ship on the MSP-AMS flight had been N809NW, which arrived at gate E5:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

You know the song: "from a distance" ?...that would be a nice caption of these two, likewise, Abidah's is watching down from a distance on her aircraft:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Her final leg will be her flight between AMS-KUL, presently en-route for about 1.5 hours; here, you can see the 747-400 PH-BFR "city of Rio de Janeiro" at gate E9...the white cart underneath the tail is the one used to transport human-remains, as it can be cooled (so, Mush, actually, you do see her here waiting to be loaded):

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sorry, friend, I couldn't take a picture of the actual loading, as the terrace was closing at 8pm and I got chased away by security.

Nevertheless, I hope these pictures are a comfort to you, her friends and also her family/relatives !!!

It's now up to Jon for the actual landing shots of PH-BFR in about 10 hours from now...

What can i say except a special thank you to Uncle Pieter for those pics. They mean a lot to my friends and myself who're missing her so much. Thanks guys for your morale support.. You guys are so supportive.. Thank you once again.

I'm usually excited when I see pics like these, but this time, sadness from nowhere :cray:

After read the articles and News provided by Naim, feel very SaD again :( !!! Hope Mush and Ur "member" in Minnesota dodn't be too sad ,The GOD need her!!!!!!!Be patient!!!!!

Is her body arrival today?

The KLM plane arrived 6am this morning Saturday. Now it's almost 1pm. I guess she must have arrived at her hometown of Kuala Kangsar, just 2.5 hrs by expressway from KL, by now.

This case endears to me because:

1) In the early 80s when I was studying in Australia, 6 fellow Malaysian students died in a horrific van accident along highway between Canberra & Sydney. The driver, a good friend, badly injured but survived. As a young & carefree kid, death was the last thing in my mind, so it was a bit traumatic. As I grow older, as beloved ppl start dying around me, death becomes almost the norm.

2) My eldest is a 22-yr-old girl who did medicine in Dublin. She's now in Penang doing clinical. So I can relate to the deceased's parents, and empathise with them.

3) I spent 5 yrs studying in Kuala Kangsar, the hometown of the unfortunate family.

There you go, The Matrix at play. Have a good weekend all, and be careful on the roads. :-)

The KLM plane arrived 6am this morning Saturday. Now it's almost 1pm. I guess she must have arrived at her hometown of Kuala Kangsar, just 2.5 hrs by expressway from KL, by now.

Naim,

The 6.00am flight is MH016 from Amsterdam (maybe, you got mixed-up with the codeshare number :huh: ; KL0809 is arriving at this very moment at 2.40pm, hoping Jon (or other MW members) can make some landing shots...

Naim,

The 6.00am flight is MH016 from Amsterdam (maybe, you got mixed-up with the codeshare number :huh: ; KL0809 is arriving at this very moment at 2.40pm, hoping Jon (or other MW members) can make some landing shots...

Really? Big pity because I just got back from KLIA to send my son off! If I had known I'd have hunted for the KLM plane. I had my digicam with me all the time. :sorry:

Just a short update. The body of Abidah Adam was safely arrived at KUL at about 2.45 p.m malaysia time (just 5 mins delayed from the scheduled arrival). The check out process went smooth. The body was buried in her hometown in Kuala Kangsar and everything finally settled by 10 p.m. Thank you to everybody, especially for those who help to provide pics/info/anything and also for those who are following this topic for the beginning.

My sincere condolences and sympathy go to her family in Kuala Kangsar, especially her mother who is still in deep tears. May God bless her and help her to her Final Journey in the Life Hereafter.

Once again, thank you so much for you guys.

Al-Fatihah...

Edited by mush

I start to cry at the second page of this thread... :(

Thanks for the pics Pieter and JK and others...

Such a nice girl she was....

Mush here are the KLM pictures that i had promised earlier :)

Thanks for pics, Jon. I think we can close Abidah Adam's brief life-journey now. She's in a better place now.

Sign in to follow this