MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sanjay Thaker

A third major airline for Malaysia

Hey guys,

I was juz having an interesting conversation with my friends, and everyone had a mixed reaction to whther Malaysia would need a 3rd major airline...well was juz hoping if you guys could contribute some of ur views here..it'll be interesting..

1) Do Malaysia need a 3rd airline

2) If yes, when?

3) If yes, what type of airline

4) If no, why not?

Cheers!

Again, the key is "major"...............Malaysia do need 3rd major airline, should be a combination of low cost and full service, Air Berlin comes to mind :drinks: What we gonna call them........Air Lumpur :good:

with the mh condition now, i don't think so

What is MH current condition has anything to do with new airline?

...therefore, it turns out to 833 each for a group of six travelling in style, with full first class services including no wait check-in, vip lounge to meet up with the rest, based out of subang for ease of travel (or simpang if it was possible), personalised meals, chauffeured pickup n sendoff service, bla bla bla...

Dante, how did you go about getting 833? crew wages taken into account? ground handling? catering? terminal charges?

Fly Asian Express is the 3rd airline, well sort of.

I just hope FAX will extend its Fokker 50 services to Peninsular Malaysia and provide direct flights between major cities that bypass KLIA.

Such as Penang-Malacca, Penang-Kuantan, Penang-Kota Bharu (this I will be a regular), Penang-Kuala Terengganu, Penang-Langkawi, Ipoh-Kuantan, Ipoh-Langkawi, Ipoh-Malacca, Ipoh-Kota Bharu, Ipoh-Kuala Terengganu, Malacca-Kuantan, Malacca-Kota Bharu, Malacca-Kuala Terengganu, Malacca-Langkawi, Malacca-Alor Star, Kuantan-Kota Bharu, Kuantan-Alor Star, Kuantan-Johor Bahru, Kota Bharu-Alor Star, Johor Bahru-Kota Bharu, Johor Bahru-Kuala Terengganu, Johor Bahru-Langkawi, Johor Bahru-Alor Star :D

New airline=more pilot career opportunities!!

hi guys,

just wondering. how bout this... instead of another major airline, how bout charter or the private jet industry? its a small industry not only for malaysia, but for this region, and is yet to pick up. I believe this might pick up if someone has got a good plan worked out right. for example, maybe it may want to target young executives going for a holiday, for example, phuket. these young executives have the money and do would wanna go with their colleagues for a short weekend break. I'm not to sure at the current cost to run a private jet but lets say a small jet for 5000/hr. max pax for this jet is 6. therefore, it turns out to 833 each for a group of six travelling in style, with full first class services including no wait check-in, vip lounge to meet up with the rest, based out of subang for ease of travel (or simpang if it was possible), personalised meals, chauffeured pickup n sendoff service, bla bla bla...

the main thing here is would it work? well, maybe n maybe not. so, wat you guys think? sorry if off topic abit, but instead of another major airline which I think this country does not need, why not look into other avenues and develop the local aviation industry coz its gotta start somewhere... opinions please?

Many bizjet owners based in Subang will charter out their aircraft to friends and other people for biz trips, holidays, etc. for a reasonable fee. Those working at Subang airport can give you more information on this. You must remember however that they also have to recover the cost of returning the aircraft to Subang and sending the aircraft out to fetch you back from your destination. Not cheap, but many people still use them (especially to impress their biz partners or their girlfriends).

Many bizjet owners based in Subang will charter out their aircraft to friends and other people for biz trips, holidays, etc. for a reasonable fee. Those working at Subang airport can give you more information on this. You must remember however that they also have to recover the cost of returning the aircraft to Subang and sending the aircraft out to fetch you back from your destination. Not cheap, but many people still use them (especially to impress their biz partners or their girlfriends).

Hi Attan,

Are you with RSFC?

How much does it cost nowadays to rent a cessna 172? It was around RM300+ in 2003.

Tony,

that's just rough figure. I'm not able to get full figures, but I believe it should be possible around that rate... btw, does anyone know anything bout the financial aspects in this field.

833MYR? :unsure:

What I've heard of, AUD800+ per person, group of 6, 1 hr Coffs Harbour (in Sydney) scenic flight, meal provided.

Great response guys thanx a lot...well i was wondering anyone knows how much does it coz to rent a biz jet in subang...as far as i know, there is this company doin it and MAS did the interior fittings for the aircrafts, fully luxurious...by the way, what do you think a good aircraft would be....citation, learjet,embraer?

berjaya air?

Sign in to follow this