MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
simon T

REASONS for taking MH or AK! :)

please state your reasons for travelling by MH or AK..

i will go first..

1.MH because i can buy the tickets with staff price.. :p

2.i have travelled on AK before and i can swear that MH's CC is way better!

I don't think we can even compare. These two cater to totally differnt type of customers. One is premium, the other is, well, no frills. So I think both going head to head are quite ridiculous.

It's like comparing Bata with Nike :D

Edited by Edwin P K

I don't think we can even compare. These two cater to totally differnt type of customers. One is premium, the other is, well, no frills. So I think both going head to head are quite ridiculous.

Totally agree. Both of them are from different category.

Agree with Edwin, that we can't put AK and MH head to Head because they are two different industry. But, the thread clearly suggest to give reasons for taking MH or AK, so here my reasons.

AK

Cheap

MH

KLIA facilities

Lounge access( for my parents, this is the only reason to fly MH) :pardon:

Better services

Better terminal

onboard hot food

Never fly AK, but will do this coming holidays with my frens :yahoo:

Edited by Seth K

well simon i do hav to agree on you..if im an AK pilot of ocurse ill travel on AK aswell (staff price) but in general .. u get what u paid for ... :D

might as well try SQ vs MH?

might as well try SQ vs MH?

That would be opening a whole new different can of worms... ;)

I travel exclusively on MH because:

1. It is cheap (10% of published fare, guaranteed as long as there is seat) :clapping:

2. (Once a year) It is free. :drinks:

3. Most likely I know the crew.

4. The best reason for me to fly MH: The company pay me to fly........ :yahoo:

Sorry guys, can't resist this one.

Reason to fly AK,

Cheap... i'm a broke student.. want to travel more place at less price

Reason to fly MH,

When the trip is on my parent :rofl:

I travel exclusively on MH because:

1. It is cheap (10% of published fare, guaranteed as long as there is seat) :clapping:

2. (Once a year) It is free. :drinks:

3. Most likely I know the crew.

4. The best reason for me to fly MH: The company pay me to fly........ :yahoo:

Sorry guys, can't resist this one.

Radzi you're making me jelous.. :closedeyes:

Many people may not know Bata is not a cheap local brand; it’s headquarter is in Canada and operating in over 50 countries.

http://www.bata.com/about_us/bata_today.php

There is no doubt MH give a better service but how much is the meal cost? RM50 at most? I can have a good meal at most restaurants in countries AK is serving for RM50 and save the rest of price difference for shopping :good:

With the exception of rainy day, LCCT is a more convenient, user friendly and better terminal than MBT at KLIA.

Travel on MH because....

1. Best connection from AKL - KUL - Sabah - HKG (or China).

2. Fare purchase in NZ is generally of a good deal, usually a lot cheaper than CX (always expensive!), although fare is usually comparable to SQ, BI and TG.

3. Offering better service than Air NZ and QF. Friendly MAS staff too!

4. Prefers arranged seating, so that you aren't being pushed by people and seeing people jumping the queues.

Travel on AK because....

1. Since MAS had ceased the KUL-TWU direct, it makes more sense to travel by AK to save time, rather than stopping at BKI.

2. It doesn't cost an arm and leg to travel by AK. (MYR 1,200 from KUL-TWU-KUL by MH vs. MYR 300-400 by AK).

Edited by S V Choong

well i had the recent ad war that MH and AK is having in mind when i posted this thread..they are targeting the same market..the flying malaysian public..

i'm not asking you to compare MH with AK..i'm asking what MADE you decide to take an airline over the other.. ;) it's different..

Edited by simon T

My reasons.

Fly MH when:

1. Need the latest Going Places magazine to add to my monthly collection. Must complete 2006's series as this year marks historic changes at MH, especially the removal of RAS and operations of turboprop planes.

2. When the aircraft used is a widebody like A330, B777 or B747 as opposed to AK using the A320 for the same route, if any.

3. Occasional desire to sample the Golden Lounge.

Fly AK when:

1. The aircraft is a A320 as opposed to MH using the B734 to the same destination.

2. When the fare is such that I can get another night's hotel stay for the same amount if I fly on MH at its published fare. (Return fare to PEN from KUL has breached RM400 on Y!)

3. I don't like to use aerobridges, nevermind the weather. The sound of aircond packs on the tarmac gives me the thrill, just like to old days of Subang, and LGK.

With MH:

In the event of serious delay or flight cancellations, I'll be well taken care of (meal voucher, hotel accomodations, put you on alternate flights with other carrier etc) :rolleyes: .

With AK:

Have to pray hard they won't be any serious delay (Re-Time in AK term) because I knew I'll be given 3 choices where none of it is in favour of me :

1. Full Refund.

2. Full refund in the credit where I can utilise for future flights.

3. Wait & wait & wait ..... :angry:

You pay nothing & don't expect anything -- I totally agree with that.

For me, the reason I take AK over MAS is the plane type. :)

I'd travel on AK if its on Airbus but I'll ditch the idea if it the 'ol 733. Simple. :p

For this, a lot of planning must be in place though :huh:

AK - Cheap but advanced planning needed for super cheap ticket

MAS- full board service with excellent CC

Verdict? Its like comparing Guest house & 5* Hotel. ( irrelevant comparison btw)

just my 2cents...

both MH and AK..is "pan jing pa liang"(in mandrin)

Mandarin? No offence intended but pronounciation is a bit out... took me a bit of time to work out.. :p

Should be "Ban jin ba liang" 半斤八両.

Simon the diffrent between 2 airlines only on the airfare !!!! If U are affort to paid all the extra by MH just go ahead. For me if withthin Malaysia and ASEAN I will consider the AK First because the airfare can save more than 50% if compare with MH!!! The service provide by CC I think up to personel, for me it is no diffrent !!!!!

:D

Last night I flew AK bacause

1. Direct JHB-PEN

2. Cheaper and save more time than a MH JHB-KUL-PEN

Even my father who exclusively fly MH C Class all the time is starting to warm up to the idea of flying AK when there is a direct flight which bypass transit at KUL

Poor Ipoh folks now have no choice but to fly AK to JHB, and since already nearby, take SQ to international destinations ;)

Sign in to follow this