MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Brennan Raj

MAS Cadet Pilot

i see :huh: ..what were the questions like mate?

there are 4 papers tat u have to sit for

1. Verbal test - 40 ques in 30 min

2. interpreting data - 40 ques in 30 min

3. diagrammes test - 40 ques in 20 min

4. personality questionaires - 100 in 45min till 1 hour (no limit, but adviced to be as quick as possible)

Verbal test = after reading a passage , there will be 4 statements and u are required to identify whether they are CORRECT, WRONG or CANNOT SAY (not in passage)

Interpreting data = 40 questions based on 1 paper with many Tables , Chart and statistics .. must be very fast .. lots of calculations involved and calculator is not allowed

diagramme = 4 diagrammes are given in each questions , u hav to relate those four diagrammes and choose the answer - -

u can practise here http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm

right...thanx shane...did they say anything bout when the results are expected to be out?

Nope .. they told me to leave right after i've done my test - -

Nope .. they told me to leave right after i've done my test -

they told me to leave right after i've done my test :rofl:

haha..typical MAS...well guess ur back at the waiting game...thanks for the info on the questions mate...keep your fingers crossed... :good:

haha.... maybe they scare u all guys will ask and ask the same Qs again.... WHEN WILL WE GET THE RESULT ???

i think they are tired of answering this Qs ... :)

But i waited 4 months before they call me up for the interview....

For those fast-thinkers...., you are already 80% into the final interview.

maybe its time to prepare for the final interview now..... Wow.......

Edited by wcj8638

hey guys,,

briefing on 12th..leaving on 18th to kota bharu dy..

what should i bring over ther?

hey ur going to APFT? cool!!! *jealous* huhu

i think ive seen ur name somewhere in flydamnit.com... ;)

hey guys, does anyone noe when is d final intake for d march 06 batch.mean after the whole selection process???

not sure bout that bro..but sometimes they will take ages to call you...whose election process might take more than ayear sometimes... :drinks:

guess we need to play the long waiting game mate!!!!!!!!!!!11

well make the game 'interesting' by doing some flight sim and spotting...hehe ^_^

gud idea, and try to get our flying hours first

yup...we can also do a PPL first and gain some experience..helps in the selection too...

hi there, does anyone been to the psycometric test recently???

Can I take that test for fun thou...just wanna feel, if lucky maybe I can fly A380 for my first year experience :pardon:

hi folks, i just got a letter from MAS for the MISPA on the 9th of November. .. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Anyone else got the letter??

Went for my interview yesterday and i would say..it was really an experience.

I was there early, at around 1.45 for my interview at 2.30. But my interview only started at 4.30. The panel came back late from lunch i guess. So while waiting i was chatting with some of the other guys. Four of them were from my MISPA batch. Time flew, and then..my turn came..

Upon entering i greeted them Good Afternoon and all, they were friendly.

Took my seat..

Hr Guy ; Welcome, sorry for the long waiting time.

Me : No problem sir.

HR Guy :So, Brennan, congrats on passing your phsycomotor and your MISPA. Today you are here to convince us on why we should accept you as a cadet.

Me :Thank you sir, surely..

HR Guy : So tell us about youself, background, family, co-curricular activites, hobbies, and why you are interested in joining us as a pilot.

Captain No.1 : In BM ar, just this part.

Me : ( i was alamak, but i kept my cool) Nama saya Brennan dan saya berumur 18 tahun. Saya adalah anak sulung dalam keluarga saya dan saya menpunyai dua orang adik lelaki dan seorang adik perempuan. Emak saya adalah seorang 'bank officer' di CIMB Bank dan ayah saya juga merupakan seorang ' bank officer' di RHB Bank. Saya merupakan seorang ketua pengawas di sekolah lama saya dan saya juga aktif sebagai Setiausaha dan Naib Pengerusi dalam Leo Club sekolah saya. Saya suka bermain bola sepak, bermain guitar, flight simulator dan 'plane spotting' . ( they raised their eyebrows). Saya berminat menjadi 'pilot' sejak kecil . Kepada saya kerjaya sebagai pilot adalah amat menarik dan saya berharap Malaysia Airlines akan memberi saya 'chance' untuk mencapai hasrat saya. ( Mua's BM broken to the max)

Captain No 1 : Cant speak your Bm properly?

Me : Yes sir, its been a year since ive spoken BM . Evr since i left school i havent conversed in BM.

Captain No 1 : 27 years i left school ( i though thats it, gonna kena..) i still find english more suitable. You use English always in flying.. sometime spanish la, chinese la..ok ok..

Me : (phew) yes sir..even in my college , i only have one Malay classmate and we hardly use Bm to communicate.

Captain No 1 : Where does you dad work again?

Me : RHB Bank, Headquarters.

Captain No 1 : Jalan Tun Razak right? Which department?

Me : Yes sir, the one along the embassies. He is in Credit and Loan Department.

Captain No 1 and 2 : Hahaha, boleh dapat loan la ini...

Me : He is more in the corporate side sir.

Captain No 1. Oh Ok... so tell us when you were interested in becoming a pilot.

Me : I was actually interested in becoming a pilot since i was young. But i became more serious in it only when i was in Form 2. i started reading about airplanes, practising on the flight simulator and so on.

Captain No 1 : Ok, when you see a pilot, or lets say a MAS Pilot. What qualities do see in a pilot.

Me : Discipline, Commitment, Punctuality, Responsibility, Quality, Class, and Safety.

Captain No 1. Wow..class huh? So do you think you can acheive all this as a pilot?

Me : Yes, definately.

Captain No 2 : ( starts shooting questions ) You mentioned in your cover letter that this would be stepping stone for your career. So you'll leave after the bond?

Me : No sir. I think this airline is a great place to become a pilot and gain experience. Thats what i meant.

Capatian NO 1 and 2 : Haha..

Captain 2 : Where got, when you want to buy that nice BMW all , you'll gain all the experience here and leave la for better pay.. Emirates all..

Me : No sir. Definately not. If the airlines gives me a chance to fly and gain more knowledge, i wont leave.

Captain 2 : So ill write here in the contract that till i retire you will never leave the airline. LIfetime ok? If you wanna leave you pay 5 million.

Me : Sure sir..( i didnt know what else to say..nicely kena goreng)

Captain 1 : Wow.. ok ok ill make sure i write that..

Captain 2 : Ok so now you were the head prefect right. Tell us how you made decisions.

Me : If i had to make any major decisions , i would consult my BOD members, obtain opinions then come up with the best solution. i would also consult my dicipline teacher for a better point of view.

Captain 2 : But that takes time right.. how if you need to make a decision on the spot?

Me : Well if there is a case i would decide upon the situation and take the best way out.

Captain 2 : Hmmmm... ok... BMW or Mercedes?

Me : BMW

Captain 2 : Arsenal or Chelsea?

Me : None sir

Hr Guy : Ini mesti Man U Fan ni.. ( all laugh )

Captain 2 : Ok Aishwarya Rai or Nicole Kidman

Me : ( Thought for a while ) Aishwarya Rai sir..

Captain 2 : Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan?

Me : Sean Connery sir.

Captain 2 : why you choose all that?

Me : cause whatever choices there suited what i like.

Captain 2 : Why sean connery?

Me : Personally sir, i think he was a great actor. He set the standards for the bond movie. Well pierce brosnan did a great job, but without sean connery the bond movies wont be this famous.

Captain : Ok..

Hr Rep : So..give us three destinations where we fly to in Europe.

Me : Copenhagen, Manchester, and Stockholm.

Hr Rep : Only one is correct..stockholm ( sounds of laughter around the room)

Me : oh ok..ok Paris and Rome.

Hr Rep : ok.. where is Helsinki?

Me : Im not sure sir.Maybe Denmark?

Captain 2 : Are you sure its Denmark? (Captain 1 laughssss)

Me : No sir.. Im not sure.

Hr Rep : Ok where is Budapest?

Me : Holland sir ( im so smart)

Hr rep : hahahaha..are you sure...

Me : (thought a while..i knew it started with a H) No sir.Im not exactly sure.

Hr Rep : Apa ni semua tak tahu..

Captain 2 : Why you said Copenhagen ar?

Me : cause when i surfed the website i remember seeing Copenhagen first.

HR Guy : Ok..if you fail this time..will you apply again?

Me : For sure. ill keep trying till whatever age limit you have.

Captain 1 : Why not do privately?

Me : Its costly sir . i dont want to put the burden on my parents at the moment

Captain 1 : Costly? eh your dad and mom work in the bank..can get staff loan all.. who knows they get 0 percent interest all? why not?

Me : i think this path is a brighter path to become a pilot. But if circumstances leave to a point which i have to. I will sir.

Hr Guy : ok..so how would you rate yourself in this interview? From a scale of 1-10.

Me : 6 over 10 sir..

Everyone : hahahahaha

Me : Well sir maybe 6 and a half. i came in with my heart thumping, but i think i did averagely well, but not so well.

HR Guy : ok..thank you..well inform you in a weeks time maybe..any questions?

Me : No sir. Thank you very much.

Hr Guy : ok..

Got up, shaked their hands and went home..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well..thats how it went. I dont know how i did. i did my best and i had fun. it was a great experience . hopefully im what they are looking for..

the capitals part, the bm part and the 'rate myself' was shaky..

thanks guys for all the tips and help. you guys are the best..

:) :)

Oh ya..

they also asked bout the MAS History..

forgot to add that in..hehe.. :)

Oh ya..

they also asked bout the MAS History..

forgot to add that in..hehe.. :)

how long was ur interview?

did they ask about the organisation people?

as in the director, manager of so and so... etc...?

how long was ur interview?

did they ask about the organisation people?

as in the director, manager of so and so... etc...?

No..

All they were interested to know was about me...and they were wacthing my body movements and the way i spoke all the while..

they didnt even ask anything about planes..

hi folks, i just got a letter from MAS for the MISPA on the 9th of November. .. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Anyone else got the letter??

Congrats Brennan Raj :clapping: :clapping: :good: :good:

Congrats, Brennan,

Did you tape your interview or is it solid memory ? :good:

Have to agree, you've to look at the globe a bit better :pardon:

How come, you didn't mention London, Paris....these places have been discussed a lot at this site, so you should have known these :sorry:

Anyhow, keep us posted with the result(s)...