MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Brennan Raj

MAS Cadet Pilot

Oh well... Am too old (already 30 this year) to apply...

Any other alternative?

:pardon:

I think SQ do accept candidates up until 32 years of age.

Oh well... Am too old (already 30 this year) to apply...

Any other alternative?

:pardon:

Not really, I was 30 when I joined as cadet. One of my coursemate was 34 when he joined.

Not sure about MAS though.

Not really, I was 30 when I joined as cadet. One of my coursemate was 34 when he joined.

Oh... like this....

haha... you make me high in the spirit of joining liao..

haha... :clapping:

Just thinking am I willing to change my career path at this age...

And of course travelling... there are many things to consider.

just out of curiosity, does RHB bank provide loan if one wants to learn flying? heard about this once but am not sure.

and if there is such a thing, how do u go about getting it?

can anyone help me on this matter please?

thanks

Well..was at the simulator building the other day and saw many guys coming in for phsycomotor throughout the whole day. reminded me of the past. Dont worry guys, if you meet the requirements you WILL be called up. Its just the matter of time so keep waiting. No harm giving MAS HR to ask about the status of your application. Just dont keep bombarding them la..

My batch has completed all the ground school papers. We are currently waiting to start our flying phase. Been waiting for two months already and there is no word from the school when we should be on our way back to kick start our flying. Imagine we haven touched the aircraft even after a year being in that school. And now we are all back in KL wasting our precious time . So guys waiting is a game you have to play when you are in this part of the world. The only way to wait your way through this is to keep your passion high , because thats your best frend when you are in troubled times. Personally being in HM IS FRUSTRATING, but if you like what you do, you will be able to close one eye and enjoy whatever you have at the moment.

HM is improving and now is a good time to join because the batches after me have all started to do the course integrated like other school or rather like how its suppose to be done. And they are pretty much on track.

So thats pretty much whats happening on my side..just know this guys, the journey to become a pilot doesnt end after your interview and your medical check-up guys..trust me..its a long way to go.. :)

Well..was at the simulator building the other day and saw many guys coming in for phsycomotor throughout the whole day. reminded me of the past. Dont worry guys, if you meet the requirements you WILL be called up. Its just the matter of time so keep waiting. No harm giving MAS HR to ask about the status of your application. Just dont keep bombarding them la..

My batch has completed all the ground school papers. We are currently waiting to start our flying phase. Been waiting for two months already and there is no word from the school when we should be on our way back to kick start our flying. Imagine we haven touched the aircraft even after a year being in that school. And now we are all back in KL wasting our precious time . So guys waiting is a game you have to play when you are in this part of the world. The only way to wait your way through this is to keep your passion high , because thats your best frend when you are in troubled times. Personally being in HM IS FRUSTRATING, but if you like what you do, you will be able to close one eye and enjoy whatever you have at the moment.

HM is improving and now is a good time to join because the batches after me have all started to do the course integrated like other school or rather like how its suppose to be done. And they are pretty much on track.

So thats pretty much whats happening on my side..just know this guys, the journey to become a pilot doesnt end after your interview and your medical check-up guys..trust me..its a long way to go.. :)

Hope you enjoy flying bro. I've been in KB for 14 Months now and completed all ground school. Its just that the flying is picking up real slow. Up to now i only have 23Hrs, quite far from getting my PPL. But anyways, its true that if you love flying and progress is slow, just enjoy what you have at the moment, because you'll graduate 1 day for sure :good:

Edited by Raphael.R

Hope you enjoy flying bro. I've been in KB for 14 Months now and completed all ground school. Its just that the flying is picking up real slow. Up to now i only have 23Hrs, quite far from getting my PPL. But anyways, its true that if you love flying and progress is slow, just enjoy what you have at the moment, because you'll graduate 1 day for sure :good:

it used to be 14 months for a complete CPL I/R with 200 hrs inclusive of twin rating.

it used to be 14 months for a complete CPL I/R with 200 hrs inclusive of twin rating.

True, but now to many students, so cant keep up.

True, but now to many students, so cant keep up.

Bro, we are in the same boat. I am already here for 14 months, finished all my ground papers, and i have 23 hours too!

Sorry to hear that guys. And to add salt to the wound, nowadays it took sometimes over a year from the the time you graduate to the time you becomes operational as a second officer.

Supply out numbers demand..

Its about mismanagement of flying schools by the previous management,knowing they were unable to supply the demands of the airline or rather the industry itself. The reason all this 'delay' came about is because the flying schools had too many intakes in such a short time.The reason why MAS has a backlog is because of that initial delay! MAS surely did their calculations before sending their cadets and sure enough the flying schools just screwed it up. Its not about the airline having too much cadets, its just they never expected them to finish this late and all their timing..LARI!! MAS is riding this boat with us .

Well, all said and done, im thankful im where i am and things have impoved. The current batches joining HM have no delays whatsoever. My batch is just stuck in between and since the damage has been done long time ago, we just have to sit it out and have fun while this things last (i guess). And hey, im having loads of FUN!

brennan , mind me asking is the HMA still using AIP's or have they actually revert on to subscribing manual and charts from JEPPESEN?

Sorry to hear that guys. And to add salt to the wound, nowadays it took sometimes over a year from the the time you graduate to the time you becomes operational as a second officer.

true true! :D :D

What does it mean to have the course integrated? Thanks.

What does it mean to have the course integrated? Thanks.

In HMA, we used to finish all our ground school hours and papers before we started to fly. Once we were done with ground school ,only then we were transfered into the flying wing to start our PPL flying and so on.Thats what my batch and the batches before mine did. But recently they changed that system to an integrated flight training (which obviously is what its suppose to be and what other schools do),meaning, after your DCAT ground stage, you go and do your 42 hours of PPL flying. And once you're done with PPL flying you come back to ground school to do your CA6 and CA2 papers. And thereafter continue your CPL and Twin engine flying once you complete those papers. Thats what i meant with the word integrated ,refering to the way our training was implemented here in HMA.

And FK, I think(maybe) we are using the same charts you did when u were here man. The photocopied ones <_ and i dont know if they did subscribe new ones from jeppesen cause had to photocopy laminate my charts a senior.>

Edited by Brennan Raj

In HMA, we used to finish all our ground school hours and papers before we started to fly. Once we were done with ground school ,only then we were transfered into the flying wing to start our PPL flying and so on.Thats what my batch and the batches before mine did. But recently they changed that system to an integrated flight training (which obviously is what its suppose to be and what other schools do),meaning, after your DCAT ground stage, you go and do your 42 hours of PPL flying. And once you're done with PPL flying you come back to ground school to do your CA6 and CA2 papers. And thereafter continue your CPL and Twin engine flying once you complete those papers. Thats what i meant with the word integrated ,refering to the way our training was implemented here in HMA.

And FK, I think(maybe) we are using the same charts you did when u were here man. The photocopied ones <_< And I dont know if they did subscribe new ones from Jeppesen cause I had to photocopy and laminate my charts from a senior.

Im sorry but since Im not in flying school I was wondering how this new system effects cadets. Faster graduation? Less holidays?

Im sorry but since Im not in flying school I was wondering how this new system effects cadets. Faster graduation? Less holidays?

Might not exactly translate to a faster graduation. But at least you understand what you're learning. It's much easier when you've experienced some flying.