MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Brennan Raj

MAS Cadet Pilot

AT LAST!the moment i've been waitng for has arrived!hehe...he guys,do they select based on SPM result solely,i mean,for the shortlisting...i had juz attained my SPM,& the reading is;

BM: 1A

BI : 1A

MATH: 1A

ADDMATH: 1A

SEJARAH: 1A

KIMIA: 1A

PENDIDIKAN ISLAM: 1A

TEK. KEJURUTERAAN: 2A

FIZIK: 2A

will i hav higher chance or wat?i dont have any insider though.. T_T .but i heard MARA also provide loan rite?any info?tq

What do they mean by ''good eyesight(visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aid, correctable to 6/6)''?

ya,wat u mean by dat?

What do they mean by ''good eyesight(visual acuity of at least 6/60 without optical aid, correctable to 6/6)''?

it means if you are wearing glasses, the power should be below 500. And with glasses, you can see perfectly (6/6).

Long time ago, it used to read good eyesight (6/6) only. So if you are wearing glasses, can forget about getting into the program.

AT LAST!the moment i've been waitng for has arrived!hehe...he guys,do they select based on SPM result solely,i mean,for the shortlisting...i had juz attained my SPM,& the reading is;

BM: 1A

BI : 1A

MATH: 1A

ADDMATH: 1A

SEJARAH: 1A

KIMIA: 1A

PENDIDIKAN ISLAM: 1A

TEK. KEJURUTERAAN: 2A

FIZIK: 2A

will i hav higher chance or wat?i dont have any insider though.. T_T .but i heard MARA also provide loan rite?any info?tq

Hazman,

Wow great SPM result. Really impressive, big congrats to you. :good:

Your result will not determined whether you have higher chances of getting in or not. Same goes with insider or pulling cables but at times it does so far as getting you to the door of the interview room, thats all. You will under go a series of tough interview that will bombard you with tons of questions (eg: situational, math, logic, stress questions etc.), 4 aptitude test papers with passing mark of 70% (or is it 80% I forgot), physical exams and final interview. This is all conducted before you even get selected to go into flying school. It will never be a bed of roses from the beginning. Should you pass this, you will know how tough you are.

Be sure to make preparation well, read more about aviation stuff, have a backup plan should you didn't get through (go for STPM, Diploma, Degree, A-Levels, etc; because SQ basic requirement are SPM+one of these qualification should you want more options to achieve your flying dream.), lastly, just be yourself, stay cool during the interview despite the pressure they put on you and kill the ego or know-it-all attitude because that going to ruin your career in future.

Check this thread out for inspiration, http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1360

and do go to Capt Lim website for more info.

I wish you good luck for the interview and may your dream come true. :)

I have a question which is why Pilot cannot wear spectacle ???

sure cannot ke bro?

it means if you are wearing glasses, the power should be below 500. And with glasses, you can see perfectly (6/6).

Long time ago, it used to read good eyesight (6/6) only. So if you are wearing glasses, can forget about getting into the program.

So for now, those who are with specs, are they going to be considered of getting into the programme, if their power is

So for now, those who are with specs, are they going to be considered of getting into the programme, if their power is <500 with spec ?

yes, you meet the requirement if it below 500. Anyway 500 is an approximate figure. No harm in trying for those above.

If you can read the biggest letter on the Snellen chart (i.e. 6/60) without glasses then you can give it a shot. MH so far doesn't specifically say they want those with power <500 only, whereas SQ latest ad specify in addition to 6/60, you also need to be <500.

So MH may still accept you.

Edited by Philip

So, any candidates from MWings? I know I'm trying, any1 joining me? haha, 1st SQ, then AK now MH.. Just hope 1 of them goes through... Hahaha.. Good Luck to those applying...

Victor

anyone know how to write the application?? and resume too....

can teach me how to write??

Google la wei... :pardon:

I just mail my application today. Hopefully could manage to get AT LEASE interview to experience it first! Good luck everyone!!

wat should we include in the application and resume??

Normally you have cover letter, then you list down your qualification. Then you send together with your certificate copy(as required by the advert).

There's a lot of sample resume available online.

Alternatively, you can also open Microsoft word, go to help and type there 'sample resume'.

Good luck for those applying.. all the best! And give us any updates ya :D

Hazman,

Wow great SPM result. Really impressive, big congrats to you. :good:

Your result will not determined whether you have higher chances of getting in or not. Same goes with insider or pulling cables but at times it does so far as getting you to the door of the interview room, thats all. You will under go a series of tough interview that will bombard you with tons of questions (eg: situational, math, logic, stress questions etc.), 4 aptitude test papers with passing mark of 70% (or is it 80% I forgot), physical exams and final interview. This is all conducted before you even get selected to go into flying school. It will never be a bed of roses from the beginning. Should you pass this, you will know how tough you are.

Be sure to make preparation well, read more about aviation stuff, have a backup plan should you didn't get through (go for STPM, Diploma, Degree, A-Levels, etc; because SQ basic requirement are SPM+one of these qualification should you want more options to achieve your flying dream.), lastly, just be yourself, stay cool during the interview despite the pressure they put on you and kill the ego or know-it-all attitude because that going to ruin your career in future.

Check this thread out for inspiration, http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1360

and do go to Capt Lim website for more info.

I wish you good luck for the interview and may your dream come true. :)

I agree with you. I took Form 6 while waiting for my application. My backup plan is enter local uni and take any course that i interested and wait again. Luckily I manage to get the offer letter early of 2005. During Interview,remember to do what they call you to do. be humble all the time and remember not to fight back with them if they make you upset.they are just testing you.I was called to sing negaraku. never feel bad if you're unable to answer the question ,in fact you should apologize for not knowing it and say you will read up on it. be honest and never lie to them. not to show off to much about yourself. For some people like me,never take coffee or tea before interview, because you will get nervous easily(those ppl who cant take caffeine only). good luck to all of you....

Important reminder, Try not to be late for every interview...plan your routing a day be4(try avoid jam if possible). Try to chat with the candidates who are waiting too. that help you and him to kill time and also help you relax. you never know the guy you talk to will be ur batch mate in flying school too.......

Edited by Jason K

wat should we include in the application and resume??

put what ever you can put into the envelope. some info might be helpfull to you. put all cert you hav and most important is ur spm cert.

Remember to write your address correctly and put a few contacts number(mum ,Dad,sis,bro or cousin). there are cases where the guy got the offer letter but address and contact number is wrong ....they prefer to call rather than mailing it you if you are called for interview....lastly make sure your wording is clear......

Edited by Jason K