MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Brennan Raj

MAS Cadet Pilot

Do you think i could get a job with MH?? hahahah...

they will kill me if i apply.

always wanted to be a pilot.

maybe i should place my bets with AK - however i don't like this money grabbing bugger tony f.

Edited by Izanee

they want only actual SPM results with preference in getting the photocopied unit certified as well.

all the best to you brother.which school are you from?

sorry for the late reply.

victoria institution.

sorry for the late reply.

victoria institution.

famous school eh.

so how did your application went so far?

izanee - no harm trying and why would they wanna kill you?

You are just one of the many indivduals that voiced out on something that doesn't seem right in alot of people's opinion.

If they are not hiring you for that reason.I believe they are more than just being narrow minded and not being able to accept critics from others. just my 2 cents=)

famous school eh.

so how did your application went so far?

izanee - no harm trying and why would they wanna kill you?

You are just one of the many indivduals that voiced out on something that doesn't seem right in alot of people's opinion.

If they are not hiring you for that reason.I believe they are more than just being narrow minded and not being able to accept critics from others. just my 2 cents=)

Bro, when you go for an interview, whatever that is not right with the company, never ever point it out. I've seen some real life example.

Keep on pretending UNTIL you are in the system.

Bro, when you go for an interview, whatever that is not right with the company, never ever point it out. I've seen some real life example.

Precisely..its like jumping into fire.

oh yes - i have learnt the hard way too. even after an interview in London - one of the bosses took me aside and spent 15 minutes giving me feedback. He said that while he appreciated my honesty - I won't get a job unless i take the 'standard line' and tell them what they wanted to hear despite knowing everyone will be saying the same.

Enthusiasm is extremely important!

i don't know what the current situation is with spectacles. is it still allowed for training if the vision is correctable?

oh yes - i have learnt the hard way too. even after an interview in London - one of the bosses took me aside and spent 15 minutes giving me feedback. He said that while he appreciated my honesty - I won't get a job unless i take the 'standard line' and tell them what they wanted to hear despite knowing everyone will be saying the same.

i don't know what the current situation is with spectacles. is it still allowed for training if the vision is correctable?

I've been wearing spectacles since high school. The down side is you have to carry extra pair for flights. That's all.

Pretty much agree with you when you want something from somebody you just gotta be that way but there is still a way to let them know and tell them that you are willing to strive for the company?lol

LASIK?

Latest MalaysianWings Member joining the Pool of MAS Cadets. After 1 year and 9 months waiting for this position after applying. Good training for patience.

I will have my briefing this 9th Jan 2008. And sent off on the 24th Jan 2008 to APFT Kota Bharu.

Just in case, you dunno me see this pic below ....

Will keep u guys up to date. Guess, not much has been reported for APFT compared to HMA over here.

444643360lff3.jpg

Congrats Adrian. Good luck with you training, and do update us with the happenings in APFT.

Cheers.

Some update on APFT here. Well, I am only 1 week old here and I would say that it's a fine school. Discipline is so strict that I am

grounded for weeks before I can get out of the Crew Residence and roam about KB town. Air Traffic is very sparse here in WMKC, everyday I would take the bus at 6.30am to the Sultan Ismail Petra Airport and pass through the security to get to APFT. I would usually pass the aerobridges, bays and the light apron. Usual sights would be the carigali helicopters, firefly, mas 737, aasia a320, apac piper warrior, eagle, da40, da 42.

Here are some pics

ma 15/08

p2401081116wn9.jpg

arrived kb, mh1388

hpim0476zg7.jpg

my villa

hpim0483hz6.jpg

This is what i eat daily

hpim0486ty2.jpg

Crew Lounge with astro and wifi

hpim0477xc7.jpg

New Gym

hpim0484zr4.jpg

My Room

hpim0485at4.jpg

Tower Visit at WMKC- Mas 737 taxing to apron

hpim0488pr2.jpg

New Wide LCD Screen for ATCs

hpim0489pu5.jpg

Another Screen

hpim0495lz7.jpg

Queue? - Need some help to name this

hpim0498qk8.jpg

Radio Selector

hpim0497ao8.jpg

2 ATCs at work. They took multiple roles. Ground + Tower. Control +Approach.

Mr Atc explaining.

hpim0499rl9.jpg

AFRS demo. Head's Mr. Fauzi. Here you see that, it's only water. To save cost, foam

(AFFF) is not used. It cost like RM25 per liter. The AFRS also covers the area

of 8km within the radius of the airport. Above that, the MNK(National Security Council) will take over

to attend crash sites.

hpim0508iz0.jpg

We had the privilege of once in a life time to visit the Airport Lounge for Agong and Sultans Only.

The room is decorated with pots of trees with gold leaves.

p270108104801ye3.jpg

Well, that's all folks. Hope you enjoy my pics and narratives. More to come after my exams. And Gong Xi Fa Chai. Yes, I am flying

home for CNY!! Firefly to WMKP.

Well thanks for the updates and pictures, adrian. I suppose your batch is the 'latest' batch of MAS cadets, it has been a long time since the previous one went to HMA in August 07,( i think ) ...Keep us updated with more news ok...

Just wondering, are the rooms in APFT all aircond? They look nice.

well to further highlight brendens point a few weeks ago....HMA is improving. Its come a long way especially in the last 6 months. In the last 8 months they have graduated batch 5,6,7,8. Thats about 1 batch every 2 months. i dont think any other school can match that pace. of course all of them were delayed. i think batch 8 graduated 13 months after schedule, but the backlog is finally flowing. I beleive batch 9 should be out by end of march...so atleast there's a flow.

Lovely pictures there adrian!Looks intresting...got gym all.. Ill post this pictures from this side when i can. Congrats and good luck with your training.

Like how Jannar has explained, HM is really improving. With the way things are going, any new batches who join would not have to worry about delays because the backlog is only till batch 18. HMA has started their integrated training module with batch 19 and looks like those guys wont be delayed at all. From the time i came till the present day, changes over changes has taken place, and i somehow something tells me the current management is doing a good job in bringing HM back on the road. So now we will just wait and see if they can walk the talk. After all in aviation nothing has ever been certain. Its always full of surprises..

Brennan,

When are u going to ask the management to add a gym room for you guys?Kekeke.....Last time they say they will get us a gym room because they don't want us to get hurt from outdoor activities.So better ask it from them.....kekeke :rofl:

HiGHLY OT

Jannar .... Hmmmm ... You wouldn't happen to be the Jannar that is a friend of Cheri's ?

I think you're my senior in high school .. But I doubt you can put a face behind the name :)

Brennan,

When are u going to ask the management to add a gym room for you guys?Kekeke.....Last time they say they will get us a gym room because they don't want us to get hurt from outdoor activities.So better ask it from them.....kekeke :rofl:

I highly doubt it. Knowing HM and their cost cutting measures they are taking, a gym will only be set up only 10 light years in the future. Anyways dude i heard you online already?

Edited by Brennan Raj

Saw this on The Star Classifieds today (15/3/08).

img00019wy9.jpg

Sorry for the blur pic, using china camera phone.

Edited by Wai Hung

This is all good... But I had loads of Malaysian classmates when I was in SIA Flying College. All victims of the bumiputra quota who applied first to MAS but got rejected and SIA swept them up.