MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Brennan Raj

MAS Cadet Pilot

I'm not really worried about which fleet I'll be going to. If possible, it would be really really cool if I could try MASwings and see Sarawak, Firefly and be based in PEN/SZB and finally venture into MH and spread my wings from there. Sure, if you go into MH and start with the 737, it would be almost just as fun, but I get the feeling I'm missing out on something which I could try out, while I'm still young. Props are great fun. Its reminiscent of the old days of flying, an age of travel, just with newer equipment. As SQ says, "The romance of travel lives on". Bottom line is, I'm really grateful for the opportunity I have and I plan to use it to its limit. As long as I get to fly, I will. Show me my ride and lets go. :)

terrible mindset

what to do..there were some who even broke the bond prior to graduation from flying school after knowing that they were to be trained on the fokker and do RAS back then..it's already a big honour to get to fly. :pardon:

for a true pilot flying any type is not a problem at all. Even flying for GA.

Bravo !!! :drinks:

You're my man :pardon:

Flying a Cessna gives a lot of satisfaction too, right Attan ? :yahoo:

Hey guys, I am Winson and I am new here. Another aspiring pilot, but discovered his passion abit late in life. I am 18 this year and I really hope things would work out for me about the cadetship. By the way, anyone knows when is the next intake?

Nice to meet you all. Good jobs guys. And brennan, thanks for starting this thread.

Aspiring pilot,

Winson ;)

Mesti Ada Saudara

A criteria for MH cadet.

:drinks:

KK pulls his Shallow and Lame thinking again! Well done..

Winson, i suggest you ignore such strange people who obviously have not tried to get into the cadetship or failed in doing so by their own doings. I am a MAS cadet Batch 12 and i believe its possible as long as you try hard enough and prepare well enough. Have you submitted your application? If you need any information please dont hesitate to contact me or Brennan, we are in the same batch.

:drinks: KK LEE

Edited by Sanjay Thaker

KK pulls his Shallow and Lame thinking again! Well done..

Winson, i suggest you ignore such strange people who obviously have not tried to get into the cadetship or failed in doing so by their own doings. I am a MAS cadet Batch 12 and i believe its possible as long as you try hard enough and prepare well enough. Have you submitted your application? If you need any information please dont hesitate to contact me or Brennan, we are in the same batch.

:drinks: KK LEE

Thanks. I am still waiting for the advert in the paper. I am doing my pre-u now in KDU college. Like I mentioned earlier, I am kinda late at discovering my passion. Sigh. So, I am just curious when MAS will likely open its window again? Read about the flooding and too-many-cadets-around stuff but as far as I am concerned, MAS is still accepting cadets till 2011. Do correct me if I am wrong. Btw, congrats to you and Brennan. Brennan was my senior in school, a really nice guy. Eh, brennan, dun kembang k! :pardon:

Winson

Thanks. I am still waiting for the advert in the paper. I am doing my pre-u now in KDU college. Like I mentioned earlier, I am kinda late at discovering my passion. Sigh. So, I am just curious when MAS will likely open its window again? Read about the flooding and too-many-cadets-around stuff but as far as I am concerned, MAS is still accepting cadets till 2011. Do correct me if I am wrong. Btw, congrats to you and Brennan. Brennan was my senior in school, a really nice guy. Eh, brennan, dun kembang k! :pardon:

Winson

First of all Winson, Welcome to MalaysianWings. Really nice to see my schoolmate having the same dreams. There is no such thing as discovering your passion late la bro..it comes when it comes.

Im not really sure bout when MAS will open its windows again, but MAS surely need cadets for the next few years. Dont worry about the over flooding of cadets because MAS has already done its homework well before they even selected us. They may freeze intake for a few months or something but they surely wont stop taking in pilots. So just look out for the adverts frequently and just send in one application to MAS now. They may respond to you and who knows they still have slots to fill. So just get your application done, send one in and keep your fingers crossed.

Last but not least, a note to our friendly KK Lee..

Know your facts before you talk bro. No offence but pulling cabels and strings does not work anymore in MAS. For your useful information, no matter who you know in the airline, you still start of with your Physcomotor test and you will have to work yourself up till your medical check up. MAS does take a look at recommended applications, but there is no surety of success. Hope that clears your doubt on the Mesti Ada Saudara policy. If that policy was true i wonder how the 16 people in my batch got selected. None of us knew any saudara..

Anyways Winson..keep at it and you will get there someday.See you when i get back man..Good luck..

Yeah true. I jus started simming with FS9. Getting addicted to it adi. The graphic and stuff, I haven put in addons yet, kinda well below average. But, true enough, it's almost as real. When you are back in Puchong, give me a call will ya Brennan. Besides more questions, I need a few tips and tricks to erm make sure my plane dun crash, during simming of course. :rolleyes:

Take care.

Winson

brennan raj,i'll consider you half right lah bro..there are 'incompetent' cadets who got into the airline because his father is a captain or what not..and i would say that there is a sizable amount of cadets who got into the programme because of that..but then,there are ones who genuinely passed all the tests w/o any 'insider' help..

on a side note,i was in maison the other day and this chap went up to my gf and introduced himself as an MAS pilot...he didn't know that she had a bf(me) and she asked him a lot of stuff about his 'career',he was stammering and then finally he admitted that he's not a pilot(cheh!),but is APPLYING to be a cadet pilot,and then he went on to say 'I can sure go in wan,my father got cables inside the company wat.." :mellow: he met me later on but then i was pissed drunk. :drinks:

brennan raj,i'll consider you half right lah bro..there are 'incompetent' cadets who got into the airline because his father is a captain or what not..and i would say that there is a sizable amount of cadets who got into the programme because of that..but then,there are ones who genuinely passed all the tests w/o any 'insider' help..

Agreed with Damian here...

Until now almost 90% of the people I fly with asked me "Your father capt ke?"

Once again, welcome to MAS!

nice meeting u Damian the other day!

on a side note,i was in maison the other day and this chap went up to my gf and introduced himself as an MAS pilot...he didn't know that she had a bf(me) and she asked him a lot of stuff about his 'career',he was stammering and then finally he admitted that he's not a pilot(cheh!),but is APPLYING to be a cadet pilot,and then he went on to say 'I can sure go in wan,my father got cables inside the company wat.." :mellow: he met me later on but then i was pissed drunk. :drinks:

eh pilots out there equip your gf's with aviation knowledge so that they don't get cheated and instead of that they get a "smack" back at their own face.lol.

Agreed with Damian here...

Until now almost 90% of the people I fly with asked me "Your father capt ke?"

Once again, welcome to MAS!

nice meeting u Damian the other day!

lol...a FAQ in the airline i guess.=)

You're right Damian. But from my personal observations, the amount of pilots getting in due to cables has been tremendously reducing. Good example would be our (me and brennan) batch. Those people who claim to be able to get in (like the 'pain' who tried flirting with your gf), should get REAL! Its not going to be easy anymore. One of the reasons why Mr. Idris removed the HR Director the moment he arrived at MAS.

You're right Damian. But from my personal observations, the amount of pilots getting in due to cables has been tremendously reducing. Good example would be our (me and brennan) batch. Those people who claim to be able to get in (like the 'pain' who tried flirting with your gf), should get REAL! Its not going to be easy anymore. One of the reasons why Mr. Idris removed the HR Director the moment he arrived at MAS.

All of you who got in by yourself should be proud. However, may I suggest you to gain a few years experience before you discount the reality.

All of you who got in by yourself should be proud. However, may I suggest you to gain a few years experience before you discount the reality.

Sorry KK, but you got it wrong AGAIN! We're not speaking based on our 3 months experience with the airline, we're speaking based on our 10 years experience of inquiries, facts finding and questions asking. Not to mention, we've been directly involved with some airline personnels who we have very high regards of and has provided us with vital information all through our years. We dont need a few more years before discounting reality because this is reality. True, it still happens but i reiterate that it has tremendously been REDUCED. I think its time you start discounting your negativity. Cheers mate!

Sorry KK, but you got it wrong AGAIN! We're not speaking based on our 3 months experience with the airline, we're speaking based on our 10 years experience of inquiries, facts finding and questions asking. Not to mention, we've been directly involved with some airline personnels who we have very high regards of and has provided us with vital information all through our years. We dont need a few more years before discounting reality because this is reality. True, it still happens but i reiterate that it has tremendously been REDUCED. I think its time you start discounting your negativity. Cheers mate!

Time will tell.

eh pilots out there equip your gf's with aviation knowledge so that they don't get cheated and instead of that they get a "smack" back at their own face.lol.

lol...a FAQ in the airline i guess.=)

Hey Wong did u equip. your GF with your aviation knowledge? hehe.....

Anyway to Sanjay and Brennen, no matter how they got their offer to be a cadet pilot, most important is we need to help those who really want to be a pilot but they have no idea how to apply and provide them with some knowledge how the interview is conducted. that will be more than enough. other than that is depend on their luck and their ability to pass all test. but it is good to see both of you helping around,good job. it remind me last time when a lot of ppl keep on asking me how to apply for this position.haha...all the best to both of you,work hard and happy flying.....

i was thinking of... if mas opens the intake again... i think it will be around end of this yr or beginning of nex yr...

im in form5 now... so is it ok if i use my trials results first? the spm result comes out in march.

The past 20 odd replies has really got me laughing over here.

KK and Sanjay

I think we can draw the line here ..

As far as politics go , get real Sanjay , you telling me MAS is that supernatural ?

But on the other hand , does it REALLY MATTER ?

I'm seeing these discussions go by unnecessarily

Some of you here talk as if you've been working with MAS for some 10 years and really know whats going on behind the scenes , on the other hand , I see some people who are making comments based on nothing at all !

Not to mention , these things have absolutely nothing to do with the cadetship !

If you're in , you're in lah , tough luck to the rest who just didn't get in ! maybe not enuff pull here and there or maybe just not good enough . Whatever it is , the big issue that most people do not understand here is that , doesn't mean you're a cadet you're going to become a pilot someday . I've seen many brilliant people as far as books go turning out horribly when it comes to flying

To those who still believe that there are politics in the company and all , I'm not denying that , but complaining here isn't going to do it any good and believe or not , nothing is going to change in the near time to come , you can take my word for it . We all know all sorts or S#1T about MAS and we go about barking about it all the time but no one is listening , so generally my view of this is just to not bother at all .

well i guess we're not naive enough to think that we can change anything in MAS by just posting in a forum lah..most of us here are either too junior in the company,cadet,or just an aviation enthusiast,except for Captain Radzi who has been with the airline for quite some time..but hey it doesn't hurt much if we just TALK about it right?

i for myself started flying the B734 for nearly a year only..joined the airline as LATC(now HMA) batch 1 in december 2004..and i still consider myself VERY junior in the airline..

and hey sanjay if i'm not mistaken you're 19 this year and you have "10 years of experience" of fact finding,questions asking and what not?when some odd kid the same age who could still be sucking his mama's breasts for milk ,you're already "involved" in the aviation industry so to speak..wau..thats truly amazing lah bro....

anyway nice meeting you that day also khaled,my roster this month full of safety co flights lah...BORING :closedeyes: ...i got leg cramps and sore backs lah when i did BKI/CAN/BKI/KCH the other day as safety co lol... eh are you a spotter ar?

Edited by Damian

and hey sanjay if i'm not mistaken you're 19 this year and you have "10 years of experience" of fact finding,questions asking and what not?when some odd kid the same age who could still be sucking his mama's breasts for milk ,you're already "involved" in the aviation industry so to speak..wau..thats truly amazing lah bro....

Thanx damian, but it actually started when i was 8...the very first time i spoke to a captain about these matters, and trust me, the truth and that time was preety scary, thinking that i wouldnt get in due to the politics. My dad works with MAS and I got in by sending my resume to the HR using Pos Ekspres.

Just because our parents work with the airline people tend to think that we get in due to connections. And trust me, it can be really annoying when people say that, after you go through an entire year of hardwork in preparations for every stage of the interview. Now perhaps it would be better understood why am I actively replying to some negative naive post in this thread.

Gavin, i'll draw the line now. They're not supernatural, and the politics in the airline still has a long way to go, i admit that, but just because some people get in due to their 'strings' its not fair to label MAS as Mesti Ada Saudara.So being real, I'll admit it still happens, eradicated? No! But reduced? Yes! The people who worked their way through by themselves are the living examples and i salute them.

Edited by Sanjay Thaker

oh so thats why you're being so stuck-up and defensive whenever people say 'mesti ada saudara' lah..eh sorry lah brader,my last post is supposed to be sarcastic on you lah..but dont take this as a personal attack lah...i dont intend it to be ..u just need to tone down a bit on how you present yourself and say stuff..after all,you're still only a cadet..i would not recommend you to tell every senior you meet in MAS later on that you have '10 years of experience of ********"while you're still just a kid.. :rofl:

peace brader~ :drinks: