MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Brennan Raj

MAS Cadet Pilot

Communication bridge ar..wow..

And he is sort of the man incharge of the batch, making sure everything is right, and to keep us bonded together always.

Edited by Brennan Raj

jason, is the guy standing at the back row in the middle your brother? looks like you man, but the only diff is that you're skinnier.. hehe..

Communication bridge ar..wow..

And he is sort of the man incharge of the batch, making sure everything is right, and to keep us bonded together always.

Aaron D i got shock when i see that photo also....wondering when i become so fat ...haha.....anyway Brennan it is good that Ur batch have someone who can be a batch leader and volunteer to be as well...at least he will stand up and voice out for u guys.....we have one in our batch as well...and we really appreciate him a lot because he always update us with all updated info...haha...good luck guys......

Guys I passed my interview! Can't believe it! My medical checkup is also this month. Heard that my sent off date is

2nd July to APFT!

Guys I passed my interview! Can't believe it! My medical checkup is also this month. Heard that my sent off date is

2nd July to APFT!

Congrats adrian, dont worry about the medicals.

Congrats bro..good luck for your medical..dont worry much you are 90 % in!

:drinks:

2nd July to APFT!

Adrian...congratulations! By the way, we heard that APFT is going to receive another batch or two, one from AirAsia and one from MAS..somewhere in July or August. So i guess you'll be sent off around that period of time bro. You might wanna enjoy yourself fully for now cos over here it's strict and entertainment down to zero if compared to KL life :) don't injured yourself though haha..chao...

Congrats, Adrian, well done !!! :drinks:

Your medical should be OK :pardon:

Wow, the MH-cadet population amongst the MW members is growing fast !!! :o

Keep us updated on your 'school-life' there :p

Congrats, Adrian, well done !!! :drinks:

Your medical should be OK :pardon:

Wow, the MH-cadet population amongst the MW members is growing fast !!! :o

Keep us updated on your 'school-life' there :p

btw pieter mind me asking.do you use to work for SAS at subang?

btw pieter mind me asking.do you use to work for SAS at subang?

I thought Uncle Pieter workes as F50 fleet planner for KLM last time?

I thought Uncle Pieter workes as F50 fleet planner for KLM last time?

Working for KLM as a Fokker (50/70/100) fleet planner: 55 planes in total with 7 more F70's to arrive (sigh)...

Working for KLM as a Fokker (50/70/100) fleet planner: 55 planes in total with 7 more F70's to arrive (sigh)...

oh sorry i meant tanjung flying club?not work but ummm....have you flown with them before?because your name sounds pretty familiar moreover you are from holland=).

Lot's of guys in the Netherlands are called Pieter :lol:

Never flew a private plane in Malaysia, only in the US and Canada ;)

Lot's of guys in the Netherlands are called Pieter :lol:

Never flew a private plane in Malaysia, only in the US and Canada ;)

ic...my bad den....nice to meet you then uncle pieter.that is what everyone here refer you as right?=)..

Idris Jala revealed that to overcome possible future shortage of pilots, he was “flooding” the three pilot training schools in Malaysia with cadets.

Well, lets hope the flooding won't cause a spillage. I wonder if the MAS cadets are going to the mainstream MAS fleet, which was the only choice post-rationalization, but now with the birth of Firefly and MASwings I wonder if any MAS cadets would be headed that way too. Or would they take private candidates to fill up the vacancies.

Well, lets hope the flooding won't cause a spillage. I wonder if the MAS cadets are going to the mainstream MAS fleet, which was the only choice post-rationalization, but now with the birth of Firefly and MASwings I wonder if any MAS cadets would be headed that way too. Or would they take private candidates to fill up the vacancies.

as far as to what i know, a few of my juniors have joined firefly.they are private student.

Well, my batch asked the same question to MAS, if at all we will be posted to Firefly. The answer was no. According to the HR , Firefly is considered to be separate and they will not channel cadets who are training under the sponsorship of MAS.

However for MASWings, im not really sure.

I read in another forum that rumours are going about that the MAS cadets graduating after mid next year or so are going to be put into the ATR fleet. Elite ones get into the 737.

so nowadays its more into which aircraft u've been assigned to when u got the cadetship? well i would strongly advise you guys to finish the training first before worrying which fleet u'll be absorb into...

Edited by Edwin Yii

i know but why worried bout the prop or jet thing when u're not even graduated? cadetship -> actual flying still long way to go sir :) then again its my solely opinion..no PUN intended..

Edited by Edwin Yii

i know but why worried bout the prop or jet thing when u're not even graduated? cadetship -> actual flying still long way to go sir :) then again its my solely opinion..no PUN intended..

Flying the ATR72-500 is not that bad....but not too long :)

it doesnt matter which aircraft you fly actually, its all in the mindset.

I guess its true about being absorbed into the other fleets because cadets nowadays were taking it for granted, failing papers and having dicipline problems. So the HR proposed for this to be implented again. So the elite will go the the 737 while the rest will start from the props.

Well, in the end, they just want us to work hard, and flying the props wouldnt be that bad after all..

New A/C, new things, new challenges, and new possibilties..