MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Brennan Raj

MAS Cadet Pilot

Brennan,

You have failed your ECG test!! While waiting for your reply over the phone of course.... :clapping: :rolleyes: .Tahniah....work hard and enjoy....it feels like an almost never ending road. Cheers. :drinks:

Haha.Thanks abang LeeCH.. I seriously got a shock when i read the first sentence..then your second sentence brought me back to life..

I actually learnt many things from you.. and yes definately it will be and never ending road..

why dont u do a PPL first? it will enhance your resume and increase chances for a cadetship..

MFA-RM27,325

Royal Selangor Flying Club-RM24,625 (inclusive of membership,maps,headet,and blah blah)

HMA-?

:) :drinks:

How about CPL?And what ATPL for?

Is it true that MAS wont take cadet for this year?

Why?

I'm not surprised if MAS will not take any cadets this year.

Historically, MAS always had too many, or too few pilots. Rarely do they have just enough. At some times in the past they've had to put cadets as cabin crew (ask TK about this; he knows). At other times MAS has had to take expat pilots due to shortage.

With the recent intakes, maybe they have enough for now. Stay put, someday they will open again.

From what i heard from the MAS HR, MAS still has applications on hold from last year (MARCH) when they advertised for cadet pilots. And there are still applicants who are going through the selection process. MAS has three to four batches to send for training this year from the previous opening so i dont think so they will open the position this year..

batch 4 just graduated and batch 12 is being sent to HMA this coming Monday..thats a whole load of cadets...

Edited by Brennan Raj

Is it true that MAS wont take cadet for this year?

Why?

It's true, I asked my relative who happens to work in MAS. She said the cadet pilot program will not be continued this year until 2010! :blink: She also said MAS has been taking quite a number of cadets this year alone... <_>

So guys, be patient and wait until 2010 (and by that time MAS could have received its new planes by then, hehe)

Hello...

Do this means that, those successful cadets selected this year (last year applications) would probably be delayed till year end or maybe next year?

REGARDS.

hey guys, finally received call from MAS...and informed that our Batch #12 will be sent off on 18th March to APFT at kota Bahru instead of HMA...mayb HMA can't accept any new intake due to the delay of the courses...

Hopefully this time no more postpone and will be sent off as schedule..

Take care and will keep you all update if any news..!!

Andrew

wow...great to hear that...congratulations !~~

i'm new to mw :)

very much interested in aviation too...and hope i'd have a chance to become a pilot in the future, coz it is the only dream in my life =/

i'm wondering when will MAS recruit cadet pilot again?

would love to take a try..hehe...but i dont have excellent result...just enough to meet the requirements..so...would my chance being selected become slimmer?

thanks alot...have a nice day =)

i'm loving this site...haha

hey guys, finally received call from MAS...and informed that our Batch #12 will be sent off on 18th March to APFT at kota Bahru instead of HMA...mayb HMA can't accept any new intake due to the delay of the courses...

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Good to hear that man .. MAS called you and informed about your intake (Batch 12) on the 18th Of March. Is that after your briefing or is your briefing on the 18th? Just curious?

REGARDS

Andrew

They postponed again? You guys were suppose to be sent off on the 5th of March right?

Well, batch #13 will be mine i guess..and i wonder when..

Hello...

Do this means that, those successful cadets selected this year (last year applications) would probably be delayed till year end or maybe next year?

REGARDS.

In a way true..

because flying schools are full are MAS are not desperate for cadets to graduate..

So there are some still waiting to be sent for ground school, some still waiting for their medical results, some just took their physcometic and some even for physcomotor. And all this are the March 2006 applicants.

we all just have to wait and see...

Hi Pall,

Actually Batch #12 should be sent off to HMA on 22, January...also our briefing was done one week b4 the sent off date...it was on 15th January.. but due to the courses in HMA delaying...so MAS got no choice have to postpone our batch too...

Hi Brennan,

Ya...they postpone us again until 18th, March..hopefully this time our batch will be sent off as schedule..

Take care and good luck..!!

Based on some discussions i've had with some friends in the management...chances are they'll continue to offer the Cadet Pilot Programme though places will be severely limited. So instead of something like 300 cadets...this year there'll probably be about 50...and the downward trend could/would continue until the need for more cadets arise.

Is it possible that someone who has been told that he passed the medical check-up, but didn't get called up for briefing??? is there any history of things like this happened in MAS?

yo....yo....at last i grad from HMA....batch 4 POWER!!!Hey Guys , good luck in study and flying yeah...!! Enjoy ur time during flight training....!! now it is my time to be serious in flying already...anyway good luck Brennan Raj and also others who got offer to go for APFT or HMA...good luck ....

Regards,

JasonK

hey congrats Jason..when was ur graduation and when is the next intake for MH into HMA?

Hope to see you soon in the skies...cruising above the clouds..well done..your efforts have paid off well..

hey congrats Jason..when was ur graduation and when is the next intake for MH into HMA?

Hope to see you soon in the skies...cruising above the clouds..well done..your efforts have paid off well..

thanks you sanjay. anyway i have no idea when is the next intake...sorry cant help u....

Is it possible that someone who has been told that he passed the medical check-up, but didn't get called up for briefing??? is there any history of things like this happened in MAS?

I don't know about MAS, but I cleared the medical with SIA but was then rejected. But that was to do with medical problems, obviously not because they have too many candidates or anything like that. But I guess if you get to the medical stage MAS won't reject you as long as everything is fine.

Guys i passed my medical check up! According to the HR at MH, my send off date would be sometime in May to HMA Langkawi...which makes me wonder, i could be in the same batch as our fellow MWer, Brennan! Imagine two MWers in one batch...i'd say, MW.com is definitely making an impact in the aviation industry :p