MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chaity

A Hazy Morning in SZB

I was on leave and decided to pay the old Subang airport a visit.

If I get lucky, I might catch Ms Rice ride. I wasn't that lucky after all as I need to leave at about 12PM. While on the way back to PJ, saw a lot of policemen stationed at every junction. :blink: Surely someone important is coming.

Based on the spotting guide provided by TK in MW, managed to find the spots. TQ again TK.

The weather was really hazy and raining at certain part of PJ. No sunlight but lots of clouds. :angry:

I stopped by the road side as indicated by TK in his guide. First plane passing by was a Berjaya Air prop. I didn't get the photo quick enough as it was passing on top of my head. The road was busy and I didn't hear the plane coming.

5 mins later, a louder sound that I wouldn't miss. Yahoo! First time catching this MD-11F :blink:

IPB Image

After a while, decided to move to another spot behind the shops. The stares from the other road users were just too much. I can't blame them as it is quite rare to see a crazy fool carry a camera and staring at the hazy sky. :lol:

Traffic was quiet and got this noisy plane departing

IPB Image

A private jet landing and wonder who is the owner

IPB Image

Last plane I caught before picking up my daughter from school

IPB Image

Quite a nice place to spot if you are tired of seeing all the normal traffic in KUL.

Edited by Chaity

Hey nice shots! Where do u usually spot in Subang? I mean spotting location? I realised that if I take the road from my place (Mutiara Damansara) towards Kota Damansara, there are slip roads that head towards Subang Airport and it's quite fast and zippy, so might wanna go there next time I'm back...

Also...who usually operates from Subang airport ar...and how regular are the landings/takeoffs?

Sorry, hijacked your thread! :p

Hey nice shots! Where do u usually spot in Subang? I mean spotting location? I realised that if I take the road from my place (Mutiara Damansara) towards Kota Damansara, there are slip roads that head towards Subang Airport and it's quite fast and zippy, so might wanna go there next time I'm back...

Also...who usually operates from Subang airport ar...and how regular are the landings/takeoffs?

Sorry, hijacked your thread! :p

Edwin, you can read this pinned thread about the spotting locations SZB spotting

Transmile is using Subang Airport and a lot of military aircrafts too. You could spot Hibiscus or Heliconia too if they are coming in for maintenance.

As for how regular for landings/takeoffs, very long is the word coming out from my mind. :lol:

WOW! Awesome stuff, Chaity...

A private jet landing and wonder who is the owner

BAe 125-1000A N540LR is reg'd to Pilot International Inc, of Kansas.

WOW! Awesome stuff, Chaity...

Thanks for the info Liam.

Did a seach in the net, TK also got her once in SZB in one of his photos. Seems like a regular here ?

Here's one more shot

IPB Image

Wow, that's a long way home :blink:

Awesome Chaity......Transmile MD 11 looks impressive!!!

Keep more coming :good:

chaity, good one from szb... love the three hole swan in the sky :good:

Nice shots Chaity.. :good:

Nica Catch of that Priavate Jet..

Chaity went to Subang....

How was the traffic man...?? :blink:

Traffic was slooooow. I should bring some magazines or Gameboy to pass time. <_>

Last plane I caught before picking up my daughter from school

IPB Image

The type of plane who flew right beneath us on 9M-AFC on 21.07.2006. It was quite close but couldn't react in time to take picture of it. Quite scary actually. :blink: Any AK pilots here would want to "open secret" about that? The GPWS must be shouting for sure :p

The type of plane who flew right beneath us on 9M-AFC on 21.07.2006. It was quite close but couldn't react in time to take picture of it. Quite scary actually. :blink: Any AK pilots here would want to "open secret" about that? The GPWS must be shouting for sure :p

hehehe if the GPWS was sounding AND this aircraft passed under you at the same time, then I would have been a bit worried :)

I think TCAS would have been making sure it was heard :)

TCAS for sure .

TCAS stands for Traffic Collision Advisory System

this goes like traffic traffic !

GPWS is

Ground Proximity Warning System

This is the one that goes like terrain terrain pull up !

hehehhe :rofl:

Refer here LeeCH post..where he mentioned " "TRAFFIC! TRAFFIC!" GPWS warning came on...."

I kinda follow LeeCH's word. :p Pheww long time no simming :) and agree it's TCAS. Or maybe integrated? What say u B)

Refer here LeeCH post..where he mentioned " "TRAFFIC! TRAFFIC!" GPWS warning came on...."

I kinda follow LeeCH's word. :p Pheww long time no simming :) and agree it's TCAS. Or maybe integrated? What say u B)

He He! O have got no idea about GPWS or TCAS.

Maybe some AK pilots can share the incident mentioned by Azrin.

I went to SZB again today in the afternoon. The sun was out and got another MD11F. :yahoo:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Will add a few more shots tomorrow.

Edited by Chaity

Eh guys , I already explained the TCAS and GPWS

You guys don't believe me ah ?

Definitely TCAS

Thanks for the info Liam.

Did a seach in the net, TK also got her once in SZB in one of his photos. Seems like a regular here ?

Here's one more shot

IPB Image

WOOOO....Berja Air....had heard for long time....but first time for me to see its real body....

WOOOO....Berjaya Air....had heard for long time....but first time for me to see its real body....

I went to SZB again today in the afternoon. The sun was out and got another MD11F. :yahoo:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Chaity,

Nice shots of MD-11F.. :good:

Any C-130's??

thnaks for sharing..

Romeo, definitely SZB-HKG-ANC-LAX...always depart at 1355LT...

monday to friday, and arrival the next two or three days, at 1700LT..