MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Eyes Direct Flights To Perth (via KCH)

Ya, so try to avoid AFA-AFF. AFG onwards should have recliner seats, so I'm told. B)

But 9M-AFC is definitely a YES :) as experienced on Friday last week.. :D

Thanx for the info, but how you avoid them? Maybe if you see the reg. upon boarding, you can know earlier if you will have pleasant night or not :pardon:

Edited by Seth K

To be honest, i really don't know what are BI thinking. With the money they have, BI can be another EK or QR in Asia. BI can support multiple daily flights into BKI if they can think smartly as EK/QR smile.gif Please tell them that they will be running out of petrols one day, so "sediakan payung sebelum hujan" !
They have leased from 772's (sorry no other details) and plan to fly these to PER. I presume they will serve primarily on BI97 to LHR, and opens up the flood gates finally for a direct service! Oh, FWIW, BI have never turned a profit, they are there to simply regulate to market, provide jobs. Its the tiniest of marks on the Sultans books!

.....Especially the non-reclining seats...

If it costs around say...RM600 or something, I'll willing to seat on THE FLOOR and stil give the :good: :good: !!

i still remember last year AirAsia also say want to fly to Darwin, Australia but in the end it never happen...

hope this time will success

.....Especially the non-reclining seats...

For your info capt.. AK buses seats are reclineable.. they are upgrading them.. remember :D :drinks: .. Way to go AK...

For your info capt.. AK buses seats are reclineable.. they are upgrading them.. remember :D :drinks: .. Way to go AK...

I was told by my DCA mole that the first batch of 6 buses designated -214 (AFA to AFF) had no recliner seats (now it seems AFC does, maybe the ManU factor?). The next batch, designated -216 (AFG onwards) would have different engines and ... wahey! recliner seats too. IPB Image

.naim

The new -216 model is actually a derated engine of 23,500lbs thrust AMSL, and was tested by Airbus on CSA bird OK-LEF very recently. The test was cancelled for some reason, and OK-LEF was recently delivered as a -214. The only difference between a -214 and -216 as they both carry CFM56-5B is changes to the FADEC software and the ID plug. It is a fairly painless maintenance procedure to switch between the two.

Naim, can you please check with your "DCA mole" as to how accurate his info is now. My understanding is all birds currently flying with AK are -214's. Seems a logical move to keep the higher rated engine, especially with PER in their sites, you'd be pushing it with an A320 sitting on 23,500lb's!

Perhaps anyone with contacts in AK engineering (Sandeep?) can find out, and put this mystery to bed.

Oh please see the Asian Delivery News topic if your interested in the details of the next few AK birds!

I was told by my DCA mole that the first batch of 6 buses designated -214 (AFA to AFF) had no recliner seats (now it seems AFC does, maybe the ManU factor?). The next batch, designated -216 (AFG onwards) would have different engines and ... wahey! recliner seats too. IPB Image

.naim

AirAsia have reconfig all their busses to become reclinable. I flew on AFB early june and being told that other busses are reconfigured as well.... but itz just one~two inches of recline.... cant really feel it though :rofl: