MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Seng Lim

A350XWB is finally unveiled!

Conceived from the outset to form a complete family of airliners, three basic passenger versions are being offered. They include the –800, -900 and the –1000 accommodating between 250 and 375 passengers in a range of different configurations to suit airline needs. An ultra long range version, the –900R, and a freighter –900F complete the family. Each basic model will have a range of 8,500 nm/15,800 km, the longest of any aircraft in this size category. The A350 XWB will also offer the lowest operating cost per seat of any aircraft in this size category.

Designed to have longer maintenance intervals with lower maintenance tasks and less maintenance man-hours, cash operating costs will be up to 10 per cent lower than competing 787 models and 20 per cent lower than current generation competitors.

a boeing look-alike bus? it look more or less like the dreamliner to me.... interested to see if any airlines will put their trust in the not yet flying aircraft program from airbus again after the A380 delay?

Edited by Kevin Teh

Is it my eyes or it is 787 :rolleyes:

Congrat to both Finnair and Airbus for first A250XWB deal. Not a surprise, Finnair already want airbus in their fleet.

Edited by Seth K

Well, it looks like b787 for me... nothing special...

next time it might be a problem to differenciate it visually between b787 and a350... <_>

...Another mile stone for Airbus :clapping:

Aiya... like that my 1:400 model by DragonWings tarak cun lah.. i mean the wingsflex and wingtips :p

IMO, inevitable result of employing all these "CAD" software !! :D

On a more sinister note - maybe, just maybe, A and B are in very confidential negotiations for a merger and the 787 / A350 designs are purposely made similar to facilitate integration of product lines later on :blink:

Yeah, you guessed right .................. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, it does look like a 787, indeed it has wings, a cabin, a nose, a tail, and an amazing winflex. But this one looks more gentle, the lines are more sharp and sweet at the same time. the nose is really kick a$$! This is way better than the 787, sorry boeing boys! It's the first time i say that, and i'm proud of it!

A carbon copy of the 787 really.....

I have doubts on Airbus capability in delivering what they claim, same old story again.....

Guest Fendy

i'm confused really... alot of you are quick on the trigger to bash airbus.

for one thing, if it looks like a copy of the 787 means it looks just as nice right? hehe

i'm confused really... alot of you are quick on the trigger to bash airbus.

for one thing, if it looks like a copy of the 787 means it looks just as nice right? hehe

I bash airbus on the grounds of their failure on delivering promises :lol:

Here is my 2 cents worth of why it is a copy of Boeing 787:

1. The 7E7 program was launched before the A350. A350 emerged out of the failure of pursuading airlines to purchase the A332-lite version. At that time Airbus seems to think Boeing is making a fool of themselves by making a plane which already existed in the market (the A330-200).

2. When Boeing decided to simply the cockpit windows on their 787, Airbus responded by reducing the traditional A300 windows to match the numbers of the 787s.

3. Early A350 scheme was rejected by airlines. Airbus went back to the drawing board. In a desparate attempt, which the designer scratched his head bold, they hung the picture of 787 on the wall and look at style clues they can pick up from the 787s. First - the curved or styled wings (a revenge to Boeing for stealing their winglet concept for the A330/A340). Secondly, check the exhaust tip of the A350 now looks like the Boeing 787's. The head of the plane too, which looks like that of the 787. Now isn't this enough evidence of Boeing 787 styling clues? Instead of using the exact windows of the 787, Airbus went for the 737's cockpit windows instead :p

It already started to look very much like the cases of A300 vs. II-86 and Boeing 757 vs. TU-204.

Well, of course, it comes to personal preference. I think the one who came up with the original design deserves the credit :D Pretty hard for Airbus to argue that they didn't pick up the styling clues off the 787s!

Edited by S V Choong

Guest Fendy

well, firstly its a plane, what more different could it look like? 2 wings with engines on it slapped on a tube with a point at one end and a tail at the other...

and copying styling is nothing new to us... for example *ahem*proton*ahem* :)

that being said, i think both the 787 and 350 are nice planes, and hope to see them in the skies soon.

I thibk it's normal for the competing series to look the same.767 remember looks familiar to Airbus A300.And now,this 787 vs A350.

I don't find the 767 resembles the A300. They are distinctively dissimilar.

Well, the 350 does look like the Dreamliner, it does and my mind just tells me this is a copy. The wing structure was signature for the Dreamliner; the windshields are shaped the Boeing style. So, the 787 is indeed a Dreamliner that even Airbus wants one! :yahoo:

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Ever notice that since the B-47 and the B-707 all successful jetliners are roughly of the same shape and configuration?

Sign in to follow this