MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ian Lim

VFR cross country

Thought of posting this long time ago but time didn't allow me to do so <_ now that i got bit of time so guess it a chance for me to share what have in my e-album src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)"> .

Let's start off with some not so popular airstrips such as:

IPB Image

Sg.Udang(if u know where that is) :p

IPB Image

Mersing - right next to south china sea, pretty cool! :D

IPB Image

Segamat

IPB Image

Kluang

There are many more such as Muar, Temerloh, Batu Pahat etc, but unfortunately i do not have any picture of them

Here's the interesting part:

IPB Image

Gunung Ledang - a bit dark coz it was taken early in the morning B)

IPB Image

erm...i do not know what place is this but it's somewhere near morib. You can see that it's on top of a hill, about 800ft from sea level. Anyone has any idea????? :huh:

Hehehe...now here come the goodies :p

IPB Image

Klang

IPB Image

Shah Alam Mosque...

IPB Image

Kuala Lumpur

IPB Image

TM Tower

IPB Image

And can someone pls tell me what place is this? :rolleyes:

Lastly, few pictures that i did not upload to jp.net

IPB Image

CN-235

IPB Image

IPB Image

C-130

GUESS WHAT's THIS ONE??

IPB Image

I@n :yahoo:

GUESS WHAT's THIS ONE??

IPB Image

I@n :yahoo:

Nice butt-shot of a Merpati Fokker F-27 :good:

Guess, this was taken at Malacca/MKZ ?

IPB Image

And can someone pls tell me what place is this? :rolleyes:

The highway at right is Jln Tun Razak, black colour tower is Bangunan UMNO + PWTC. The middle orange brown building is The Mall/Legend Hotel/Putra Place while the light brown building at the left of the pic is Grand Seasons Hotel.

Is there a rail station taken into shot?

Yep, Klang railway station (and carriage shed/workshop).

Wow Ian! Top stuff, what an awesome experience.

Hopefully at the end of March next year, I will have a similar tale to tell. My best mate and I are currently considering packing up a Mooney and heading to Avalon Airshow! Cruising along the Great Ocean Road at 500ft during Sunset as we approach the southern tip of Victoria, ahh, money just can't buy an experience like that!

Ian, nice pictures, how's the line training going?

Those were the days when you struggle to climb to 3000 ft, and 120 kts is your normal cruise speed. Really nice to fly a solo visual navex and have a look at the country from the air at low altitude.

And now you're thinking 3000 ft as very low, you stall long before 120kts and KUL-PEN flashes in a blink of an eye.

For those who didn't know yet, Ian will be flying with me soon.

absolutely stunning Pics Ian! woohoo! and congratulations!!!!

Capt Radzi + Ian..what a combination! both MWingers..yeehaa! confirm sure got camera inside yer flightbag.

safe landing guys!

nice experience and rare pictures. thanks for sharing Ian, hope to see you and capt radzi flying one day later :)

absolutely stunning Pics Ian! woohoo! and congratulations!!!!

Capt Radzi + Ian..what a combination! both MWingers..yeehaa! confirm sure got camera inside yer flightbag.

safe landing guys!

u missed someone... should be Capt Radzi + Dante + Ian. :lol:

btw, congratulation Ian.... :) :good:

u missed someone... should be Capt Radzi + Dante + Ian. :lol:

btw, congratulation Ian.... :) :good:

Wow, so many B734 pilots here at MW. So chances must be good to meet one of them when I do my KUL-SGN-KUL sector on B734. Can do cockpit visit ah? Jumpseat journey lagi best. :lol:

Hi Ian, I like those city shots.

Now I can plan some short cuts if I am stuck in a jam. :D

Congrats and hope to see you flying soon. :clapping:

Is there a rail station taken into shot?

The ktm railway station is on the left. Not sure what station is that, it's for you to find out. hehehehe :p

Sneeze: was a PPL holder but expired already :D

CaptRadzi: Baru finish last week :yahoo: hope to see you in my roster next month :)

Sim Lim shen: No jmpseat. I have no authority nor captain :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot guys B)

Hi Ian,

Is your Sungai Udang the Sungai Udang in Melaka? There is a military camp there, so that could possibly be a military airstrip.

Sim I M from Sg Udang, but the photo taken I dont think is from Sg Udang Military Base.My Be near Tanjung Bidara.!!!

Edited by Andrew Yong

Sim I M from Sg Udang, but the photo taken I dont think is from Sg Udang Military Base.My Be near Tanjung Bidara.!!!

they call it sg udang airstrip, so i supposed that area is sg udang lar... and NEVER PLAY PLAY around there, otherwise they'll make noise and when u return to base sure kena =@

Edited by Ian Lim

they call it sg udang airstrip, so i supposed that area is sg udang lar... and NEVER PLAY PLAY around there, otherwise they'll make noise and when u return to base sure kena =@

Nice to meet U Ian Lim, are from Malaysian Flying Academy? This few day I see a lot of practice fright from WMKM during I across there?? U are the one of the group??? :huh:

Ian, long time no see... :D still remember me ka? <_ when u got ur roster don forgot to check fly bki or not. haha... then can try spot u... src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D">

Is the Sg Udang airstrip the same as the Terendak Camp one? I did pass the Terendak Camp airstrip many times but can't remember now how it really looks like.

As for the hill near Morib, is it Bukit Jugra? From what I know there's a military radar installation on that hill though the picture doesn't seem to show it.

Talking about VFR Navex, nowadays they got the luxurious of using GPS. Hopefully nobody will transmit 'uncertain of position'and ask for vectoring(the 'kampungs' are inside the database)... :p

IPB Image

Owh...and if you still remember the 'pasar borong' accident. I did not have my camera at the scene, but this is what i got a day later. :sorry:

IPB Image

Anyway, 9M-SKI is alive now!! :rolleyes:

Other pictures:

IPB Image

Malacca - No, this is not city tour, just out for a normal sortie :p

IPB Image

Subang RWY15 - Cleared for touch and go! anyone know how much they charge for light aircraft?

IPB Image

Senai airport :rofl:

IPB Image

Pangkor - many thanks to Nazmi :clapping:

Spotting in Batu Berendam?? not too bad wat...a normal camera with 3X zoom is more than enough.hehehe

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hercules and Green Giant - Cover you ears and don't get too close =@

IPB Image

Dash 7 - This one requires only about 1500ft to get airborne :good:

IPB Image

Merpati F-27

IPB Image

Riau F-50

Caught this one in JB... :p

IPB Image

Sultan's private jet

...this one in Ipoh... :good:

IPB Image

...and this in Phuket :rofl:

IPB Image

Ian :pardon:

Talking about VFR Navex, nowadays they got the luxurious of using GPS. Hopefully nobody will transmit 'uncertain of position'and ask for vectoring(the 'kampungs' are inside the database)... :p

Ian :pardon:

In the old days we don't have GPS. But we never transmit "unsure of position". What we did was just transmit at the time the position we supposed to be. :clapping: After all, even back then, Kampung Chaah could either has been reclaimed by the jungle or becomes the City of Chaah already; such is the reliability of the VFR maps here. As long as you're back to base safely at the proper time, everything should be okay.

I know a couple of guys who supposedly went to the training area. What they actually did was a formation flight to Indonesia, with pictures to show. They are both good captains now. (Hint: It wasn't me)

Ian,

Nice shots man..Lovely C-130's..

Thanks for the Overview of Klang.

Any more shots from Subang??

IPB Image

Merpati F-27

IPB Image

Riau F-50

Ian, nice shots of the Fokkers: it's easy to recognize the differences between the F27 and F50 this way :good:

Did notsee Riau at KLIA recently :angry:

Have they stopped flying into KUL, or don't they operate during the weekends ?