MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ibrahim

Light Aircraft Lands On Highway

That was my initial reaction too.

I was dead sure its Attan of our forum. Because once i flew VATSIM with him and his pilot ID was Attan Akmar

One of the occupants and all onboard the Cessna Caravan... :(

Another incident was a Cessna 172 (also from RSFC) landed on North-South Highway

Can't remember when. The pilot and pax were Germans, rented the aircraft to tour

the Peninsular and developed mechanical problems somewhere near Tanjung Malim

and decided to do an emergency landing on the North-South Highway.

BTW... Thanks God, Attan and his friend survived the landing. SMSed him this morning

and he's ok... :D

Thank you Uncle Norman! Surely your age exceed my memory capablities :D

p/s: hope to meet up with you someday!

Thank you Uncle Norman! Surely your age exceed my memory capablities :D

p/s: hope to meet up with you someday!

pc yuen, why dun you try this with your zodiac? :D jkjk

pc yuen, why dun you try this with your zodiac? :D jkjk

FYI, I'm currently using Eagle for my training although i've sat on a zodiac. Its a wonderful plane to fly. Its not a funny thing each time an aircraft kena forced landing. We have to file a report to DCA and it will be under investigation. :nea:

have a good rest uncle atan.

we are all relieved and happy that u are safe and sound!!

Extremely happy to hear both occupants survived without too serious injuries :)

A quote worth repeating many times over.

To Capt Attan, our best wishes for a speedy recouperation :)

Just read this news in The Star online.

Speedy recovery for Capt Attan and Capt Lee.

The wind is strong past few days. I could see some widebodies in KUL battling with the wind while landing in Rwy 14L in the evening. :blink:

The wind is strong past few days. I could see some widebodies in KUL battling with the wind while landing in Rwy 14L in the evening. :blink:

U sure? It's no windy in KL................anyway, can't wait to hear Mr. Attan back to the forum :drinks:

The road is more or less parallel to the runway, doubt they would take off at such a strong cross wind. However, I believe they encountered mechanical failure after rotation, off course and forced landing on the highway.

Believe they are not seriously injured but shock. Wish them speedy recovery.

Hi Guys

Sorry I couldn't get online earlier as my Streamyx is still out after I installed my Wireless LAN this morning (though I think it's Streamyx that's not working and not my new installation). I'm now using Jaring 57K, so here I am.

Can't give you the details yet until the DCA investigation is over. They've got the ATC tape, I gather and so it will be quite easy for them as all the conversation with Sempang tower can be analysed. It was the first time I was in that aircraft which belongs to a friend who started flying in Tiger Moths and Robins in England when he was a young man. He built the all-metal Mogas-powered kitplane over a year and had been flying it for more than 6 months but it was only yesterday that I managed to get a ride on it. I love that aircraft from the moment I stepped into it and I'd fly in it anytime without any hesitation.

The DCA may call me for an interview perhaps if they think it can throw some light on the causes of the accident. I'll gladly assist them if requested. Many things strangely happened to make the event as untraumatic as possible such as the descent towards oncoming highway traffic which allowed them to see and avoid us, the fact the the highway was much higher than the runway surface, the use of Mogas and not Avgas (which is more flammable), the full restraint safety harness which we wore and the spacious cabin and leg room.

Both of us left the wreckage without even a scratch and I immediately helped to pull the aircraft to one side to allow traffic to pass through. The only pain I had was the after effect of my head being thrown forward on impact while my shoulders were tightly held by the safety harness. I thank the fire, rescue and ambulance units of TUDM, the two exemplary doctors and several staff of the Institute of Aviation Medicine of TUDM who gave us a thorough medical examination and cleared us to go home, the RSFC members and staff who assured my wife that I was safe (she was waiting at the clubhouse for me to come down from my so-called "40-minute" flight).

Thank you MWingers for your kind wishes. I hope to be able to give your a detailed account of the incident one fine day.

Edited by Attan

Was reading the Chinese newspapers this morning and it said the rear control surfaces had some problems after take off that made the pilot to do an emergency landing. and it also said that there are 2 Chinese pilots. story is a bit different from the Star. wonder what did the reporters actually know about the incident...

Anyway, good to hear that both pilots got out unhurt. Anyone recommending any good tukang urut for Mr.Attan? :rolleyes: Have a good rest.

Edited by S Chang

salams uncle attan...glad to know that you're ok! alhamdulillah you were not hurt too badly.

get well soon....

PS: just read the article in thestar online....saw the name atan akmar and remembered your light aircraft photo sessions on mwings!

Welcome back Mr. Attan! :drinks: So glad to hear you're alright after calling you. Very relieved. Hope this incident would not deter you from flying again. Cant wait to see you in the skies again! :yahoo:

Thank the Almighty God.

Capt Attan, glad that you're well.

As with any aviation incident / accident, there will be a lot of reports and investigation to be made. Anything said before the outcome of the investigation will be just pure speculation, so better not second-guess what actually happened. The report will be out in a few months, I'm sure Capt Attan will tell us his "trip report" then.

My,my...Thank god you're escaped unhurt,Capt.Attan.

Hope that you've got a good rest.

Thank you guys (and Cik Rohana as well) for the kind wishes. Of course I'll fly again soon and hope to make it to Buleleng (Bali) for a fly-in in September.

Just learned that our friend here was involved in the incident.

All thanks our Captain Attan is alright and is still enthusiastic to fly! Get some rest for your neck to recover, captain, and see you soon again in the skies! All the best! :clapping: