MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Eric M

PIA Pakistan: Fokker F-27 crash

Hi

just to inform you about a reported crash in Pakistan, near the city of Multan.

Flight PK688 was to be operated by a Fokker F-27 aircraft.

The flight was heading for Lahore and Islamabad.

Pakistan officials have said 'no survivors'.

RIP and another 'bad' day for aviation.

And for the Fokker-lovers. Another one left the skies :sorry:

Bye

Eric

Is it just me that's observing this "sporadic but a lot" pattern of air crashes? Remember last year? Within days of one crash we hear tons more. Then silence. Then this. I shudder to think which airline is next.

Creepy.

MULTAN, Pakistan (Reuters) -- A Pakistan International Airlines passenger plane crashed in the central city of Multan on Monday, killing all 45 people on board, the local police chief said.

"Everyone is dead. I am standing at the site," Iftikhar Babar, the police chief, told Reuters.

Flight PK 688, carrying 41 passengers and four crew, had left Multan for Lahore and the capital Islamabad. It crashed 10 minutes after take-off, airport officials said.

Is it just me that's observing this "sporadic but a lot" pattern of air crashes? Remember last year? Within days of one crash we hear tons more. Then silence. Then this. I shudder to think which airline is next.

Creepy.

Yeah like last year, several incidents happens in a short time. It's like a follow-up event :(

What airlines could be next? I hope none :sorry:

Trully a sad day for aviation history..... :cray: Al-Fatihah to the passengers and crews of the ill-fated Flight PK 688....May the Almighty God blessed their soul and forgiving their sins too.Amin... :closedeyes:

a/c was Fokker F27-500 AP-BAL c/n10243. Truly a sad couple of days in aviation...

Quite an old bird :o

That all who perished may R.I.P.

Quite an old bird :o

That all who perished may R.I.P.

Agree with you,Uncle Pieter.Perhaps it's time for PIA management to retire their F27s,or looking for the Fokkers replacement?

Perhaps it's time for PIA management to retire their F27s,or looking for the Fokkers replacement?

PIA is already in the process of replacing the F27's with ATR aircraft...

May those perished rest in peace... I cant believe I actually said this twice in two consecutive days!!!

PIA is already in the process of replacing the F27's with ATR aircraft...

Ahhh...I see.Is the ATR is ATR-42 or ATR-72?

May those perished rest in peace... I cant believe I actually said this twice in two consecutive days!!!

It's okay, that's the nature of life. The same no. of ppl die needlessly on Malaysian roads in just 10 days.

.ny

This is truly a phenomenon that is unique to aviation - a sudden series of crashes all around us.. and at around the same time too! Remember last year?

Air France A340 (F-GLZQ) 3rd August 2005 - Toronto, Canada [0/309 Fatalities/Total PAX]

Tuninter ATR-72-202 (TS-LBB) 6th August 2005 - Near Palermo, Italy [16/39 Fatalities/Total PAX]

Helios 737-31S (5B-DBY) 14th August 2005 - Near Athens, Greece [121/121 Fatalities/Total PAX]

West Caribbean A/W MD-82 (HK-4374X) 16th August 2005 - Near Machiques, Venezuala [160/160 Fatalities/Total PAX]

TANS Peru B737-244 (OB-1809) 23rd August 2005 - Near Pucallpa, Peru [40/98 Fatalities/Total PAX]

Mandala Airlines B737-230 (PK-RIM) 5th September 2005 - Medan, Indonesia [99/117 Fatalities/Total PAX]

The old saying goes, "when it rains, it pours!"..

A sad few days for aviation indeed.

May all the souls R.I.P. and condolonces to the grieving families and friends...