MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Globetrotter: 1 week photographic impressions of

Hey Pieter, Really nice shots at KUL..

Also nice shot of AI Express..

Salute to you Pieter, taking photos even when it is raining.

Really lots of action on Sat in KLIA. :good:

Pieter, great shots from KLIA!

JA811J will fly a couple of more years for JL by the way. It's one of our best cargo machines... A shame we will not see them anymore at AMS now, since we introduced the converted -400 freighter.

Eric

Pieter the globetrotter spotter! :drinks:

I would luv to be able to do such a whirlwind trip across half the world for spotting myself. You're such a lucky fella!!!

Wonderful TR and also photos,Uncle Pieter.

Glad to hear that you're having good times at KUL.

Any plan to visiting Sarawak in the future?

IPB Image

Baaahhhhh, Kevin, just checked BFA this afternoon and miraculously 'Pieter' disappeared from 'the Flying Dutchman' :o :p :rofl:

Let's continue with sunday KLIA 25jun06:

Both Poslaju 737-200's were parked and, unfortunately, didn't move an inch that day :angry: :

IPB Image

Rain gone, so the same girl of the previous day (VT-AXG) revealed her face to us, just a wee bit:

IPB Image

A nice 'short' 767 for me was this Mauritius registered one, as they don't operate into AMS:

IPB Image

Cargolux is only visiting AMS for maintenance checks with KLM, so you're very lucky to see her as a regular at KUL :good: Here is LX-FCV during her take-off roll:

IPB Image

Not a baby bus, but a 'real' 767-300 for me today: V8-RBK going back to Borneo Island:

IPB Image

Was extremely happy not to miss this Mad-Dog PK-LMY of MAI:

IPB Image

This one is dedicated to Azahan: 'city of Orlando' on finals for 32L as Kay-El eight-zero-niner:

IPB Image

7O-ADT was a nice finalization of an extremely well-spent spotting weekend at KLIA: thanks, guys, for all your assistance and friendship :good: :drinks: (the fuselage-spot is not a dust-spot, but a passing libelle :angry: ):

IPB Image

next..................Don Muang/Bangkok-Thailand ;)

wow, the Yemenia is great and sharp! Edit the 'libelle' out by some whitener in some photo editing programm Pieter, and it will look like 'new' :)

Eric

Wowowowo!!! FedEx :yahoo:

Awesome shots Uncle Pieter!!!!!! :drinks: And Kevin, you make my day :lol:

It's too bad that BR MD-11 change runway :( You'll catch next time!

Keep more coming!!!!! Btw, what is Poslaju? ;)

Wowowowo!!! FedEx :yahoo:

Awesome shots Uncle Pieter!!!!!! :drinks: And Kevin, you make my day :lol:

It's too bad that BR MD-11 change runway :( You'll catch next time!

Keep more coming!!!!! Btw, what is Poslaju? ;)

Hi Seth K, Poslaju=Malaysia's national courier or Expedited Mail Service (EMS) internationally.

Pieter, next time instruct your Engineering guys to use a stronger sticker for for BFA. :p

After an excellent flight on board TG0420 (HS-TJF), I was met by Levent for some spotting at BKK-Don Muang om 26jun06:

We went to a small village underneath the left runway, and the 1st aircraft to pass our lenses was this C130 of the USAF: 74-668, not bad for a start :good:

IPB Image

Next one to follow, was this A340 of Gulf Air, A40-LB, dressed in one of the most beautiful colours ( :sorry: Imran :sorry: ):

IPB Image

Traffic from various continents can be seen at BKK; here is the flying ad of "Kelloggs" from Kenya and registered as 5Y-KQY:

IPB Image

LeeCH visited this country recently and has shown us some remarkable pictures of her homebase; SU-GBY is seen here on short-final for the right runway:

IPB Image

From Egypt, we travel a little North and will 'land' in Turkey, and so is this A340 TC-JIH:

IPB Image

Was not able to photograph this beautiful ah-moi at KUL, but she couldn't escape my lens at BKK: here 9N-ACA is on short-final:

IPB Image

Good to see a lot of military traffic at Don-Muang :good: Here 60110, a C130 of the Royal Thai Air Force is seen coming in for landing:

IPB Image

Only a few air-forces operate the Aermacchi G222, and Thailand is one of them; was extremely happy to nail this beauty and what a fantastic roaring sound she had:

IPB Image

This one is dedicated to you, Imran, and before you shout again 'mana EK', I'd better 'publish' her here, the red-belly A6-EBD:

IPB Image

and..........this one is for you, Levent, because we both didn't notice the registration while landing; it's ET-ALL with an additional '60 years' sticker proudly on her nose:

IPB Image

KUL will see 300's as a regular, BKK's gates are graced by bigger 330's; A7-ACF is one of them:

IPB Image

B-17926 is a nice looking MD-90 of UNI-Air, subsidiary of EVA...was happy to see her again after an absence of 5-6 years at Kota Kinabalu:

IPB Image

Seen her before, with shots taken at Vantaa/Vanda, but even Moomin likes the warmer climes of Thailand and OH-LGF took her there:

IPB Image

0169 is a nice looking Beechcraft 1900, however, looks more as a Police versus Air Force/Navy aircraft to me:

IPB Image

more interesting shots to follow/ to be continued...

Two Moomin MD11s now?

Yep, see my Helsinki pictures: OH-LGB and OH-LGF are the ones :pardon:

some interesting traffic there at BKK huh... anyway i got the gulf air A40-LB as well last week at KUL :lol:

awaiting for more pictures from your selection... next on Zurich?

awaiting for more pictures from your selection... next on Zurich?

VERY interesting traffic at BKK, Kevin, and also a lot busier than KUL B)

Will continue with afternoon-evening shots at BKK first, before 'switching' to ZRH (and ah-moi :yahoo: ) pictures...hope you like it sofar ;)

Wonderful photoshots,Uncle Pieter,and nice trip report too.

Would like to see more of your photoshots at ZRH :lol:

Keep it on! :clapping:

Pieter, Nice shots at BKK..

Love the C-130's..Thanks for sharing them.. :clapping:

As well as Kenya Airways, Like their Colours :)

Nice shots from BKK :good:

Thanks Norman, here are the rest of the BKK pictures (afternoon till sunset):

Never seen by me before and, therefore, another new carrier for me was this Tiger A320 9V-TAF:

IPB Image

Expected an A340, however, didn't mind seeing this OE-LAN, an A330 in new colours:

IPB Image

RTAF was very active that day, and after 60110, this 60107 came in:

IPB Image

"Another Herkiebird, Pieter" shouted Levent, however, it was this XU-395 of Jetgo, an Antonov AN-12 :good: :

IPB Image

46-158 is the registration of this PW-modified Dakota; note the "King 60 years" sticker on the tail, similar to the one carried by TG on the nose:

IPB Image

Druk used to operate with 146's, but now modern A319's are used on the BKK runs; here A5-RGF:

IPB Image

First time to see an EVA-pencil...B-16701 is seen here arriving from LHR:

IPB Image

Since you guys like the Hercules so much, here's a shot of the 3rd one landing: 60108:

IPB Image

We went to the 'viewing deck' at the airport when the sun moved to a wrong position for shooting landing aircraft; seen from the deck are HS-TDD and HS-TDE of NOK, in their colourful liveries:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Bangkok Airways is another very colourful airline from Thailand; look at these stunning liveries on the A320 and ATR72:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Bangladesh Biman operated with this A310 into BKK; just look at the aircraft on the military side aswell: a RTAF 737 and a 747SP from the Middle-East:

IPB Image

RPDL-34132, an ATR72, operates between Thailand and Laos; nice tail colours :good: :

IPB Image

HS-PGK is another ATR operating to another neighbouring country - Kampuchea...Bangkok Airways titles were replace by Siem Reap ones:

IPB Image

Unable to make a good shot of her in HKG, she passed my lens at Don-Muang: HS-UTM of 1-2-GO :) :

IPB Image

Not complete strangers at KUL are these Tristars...here HS-AXE coming in from HKG (?) and joined the other two parked in front of the TG maintenance base:

IPB Image

Hope you've enjoyed this sofar.....to be continued with the next airport: ZRH !!!

Hey Pieter, Thansk for C-130's.. :D

Great shots from you..Like the shot of the Dakota..

Does THAI SKY still fly to KUL??? heard they stop flying..

Nice Pics From BKK Pieter... Colorfull Traffic :good:

Vintage Cool... I Luvv It :wub:

and that Daks.... I'm sure you enjoyed the sweet music from

her engines... :yahoo:

The Dak was, surely, one of the highlights....her wizzing sound was similar to the Kingair - very gentle :good: :D

Nice catches on Eva's B773 and Nok's colorful birds with ad.

I think the Thai Sky L1011 was not going to HKG. Maybe ICN or TPE.

Thanks for the input, guys, let's continue now the the last airport of my 1 week's spotters trip: Kloten :p

(pre-warning: ah-mois :huh: )

Parked at the gate for a long time, as needed some repairs, was this Swiss (ex SwissSun) A320 (look at the lousy job they did with the removal of the 'SUN' part :angry: ):

IPB Image

how about doing repairs like this :mellow: :

IPB Image

Nice viewing deck and the 1st time I was able to see the Alps in the distance:

IPB Image

For LeeCH and Colin - nice combined promotion of Zurich Airport and Singapore Airlines:

IPB Image

Was surprised to (still) see the EMB145 HB-JAM in the old Crossair colours, which I think is much nicer than the current SWISS colours <_ :>

IPB Image

Look at the nice vortices from the wingtips of this N390AA, just after take-off from runway 16:

IPB Image

Operating in an all-white 'colour'scheme and not without reason if you watch the registration closely:

IPB Image

Can anyone translate this Ukranian into correct/proper English for me ? :p :

IPB Image

One of the best looking bizjets around that day was this G-XXRS, a Globalexpress:

IPB Image

Great head-on shot of the Airbus A340-600; can anyone tell me the airline ?

IPB Image

Zurich Airport is now promoting their 'tax free paradise' on this HB-IYS; this one is for you, Azahan:

IPB Image

According the registration, it operated for Swissair/SWISS before, but now operating as a business-jet:

IPB Image

Hoped for the 'Heliconia', but it was not to be :angry: : here Romeo-Bravo taking-off for KUL:

IPB Image

to be continued.....