MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Globetrotter: 1 week photographic impressions of

Two already planned European spotter trips (CPH/ZRH) and an invitation to join Malaysianwings 1st anniversary, all in 1 week, really 'turned' me into a Globetrotter (or should I say Cityhopper :lol: ) last week ;)

From every airport visited, I intend to share with you, the most unique shots (about 20 per city) selected out of around 1000 taken :huh:

Thanks to the Emperor and uncle Norman, I was able to visit most of the 'nooks and crannies' of KLIA and was also able to shoot some really nice dusk- and evening-shots of Putrajaya: the latter will be shown at a seperate topic !

Guys, thanks again for your friendship/camadery and taken up so much time to show me around. It was, also, very nice to put some 'real faces' to all these messages posted here: very glad to meet you all :good: Thanks for all the meals, drinks and sweets/pastries: this is where Malaysia really excells :good: :drinks:

So, let's get started with Copenhagen; visited Kastrup airport on 21jun06 - weather was really lousy and cold with a light drizzle/rain at some time, so, excuse the quality of most pictures :sorry:

All pictures were taken from the famous 'Flyvegrillen' spot, about 30-35 minutes walk West from the main-terminal:

First to pass my lens was this great looking Boeing 757-200 OY-GRL of Air Greenland, one of the best liveries around:

IPB Image

Lauda is now part of the Austrian Airlines group; this Boeing 737-800 OE-LNJ operated on behalf of OS and was still in the original colour-scheme:

IPB Image

One of the highlights of the day, was this C130J of the Royal Danish Air Force, B-537:

IPB Image

If you love the roaring sound of the Mad-Dogs, do go to CPH: there are still plenty of these around at Kastrup airport; here a MD80 of Spanair EC-GOU:

IPB Image

Sky is a Turkish charter operator (not to be confused with LCC SkyEurope); here you'll see the newest addition to the fleet, a golden-coloured 737-400 TC-SKG:

IPB Image

The Faroe Islands are situated between the Scotland and Norway and can only be reached via CPH, so this airline was one of the reasons to go there; presented here is OY-RCC, a Bae146 of Atlantic Airways:

IPB Image

SAS operates only a few A330 flights out of CPH, as opposed to 340's, so was lucky to see this OY-KBN taking-off into the murk:

IPB Image

Similar to AMS, Aqaba Airlines operates a single 737-300 flight into Iraq via Jordan with JY-JAB:

IPB Image

AirOne, partner of Lufthansa as shown by almost similar colours, operates between Rome-FCO and CPH with 737's; here, you'll 'witness' EI-COI, a 400 series:

IPB Image

Icelandair operates around 5-6 flights a day to CPH, both with 757-200 and -300 aircraft; I was lucky to photograph this 200 series with winglets during her take-off run:

IPB Image

to be continued...

Hi Pieter!

Wow, you really did have a whirlwind world tour!

Sorry to have missed you, arrived on Monday (26th Jun) morning, so was just late!

Marvellous shots! can't wait to see the rest!

Love the C130!

Awesome shots,Uncle Pieter! The Icelandair B757-200 with winglets are trully magnificent!! Can't wait to see more of your photoshots! :lol: :clapping:

Thanks Uncle Pieter. Really like the 757s very much.

Royal Danish Air Force B-537, looks like it has a Chinese registration! :lol:

Hey Pieter, nice shots From You..

I lIke the C-130 shots..It's the Best Military Plane flying out there.

nice one from CPH, Pieter. Awaiting for more from others airport :)

Thanks, guys, before moving up to HKG, I'll continue with some more of CPH-Kastrup :D

Was not able to take a good shot during my last trip, however, she now came into full view, this MD-90 of IcelandExpress, registered HB-JIC and leased from the Swiss airline Hello:

IPB Image

Not many Fokker 50's operate into CPH, except for this Swedish airline; so, for all these Fokker 'lovers', here is the immaculate SE-LIS:

IPB Image

Novair operates this nice looking Airbus A321 into CPH; here, she's seen taxying off runway 22L towards the terminal. It should be noted the texts on this side end on .SE, however, on the other side it's .NO :blink:

IPB Image

Even oceanliner spotters have a good vantage point at the airport: look how close-by they pass :o :o :

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next to the Flyvegrillen premises and airport-ground, is this car-driving school: these people receive instructions how to handle the car on extremely slippery road (as simulated by a wet part of road):

IPB Image

No idea for which airline this Moldavian Fokker 100 operated :nea: Nice to see the YR-FZA nevertheless:

IPB Image

Apart from plenty of SAS Dash 400's, you'll also see these nicely painted Norwegian ones...here LN-WDA passed the lens for an impressive take-off and climb-rate :o :

IPB Image

OY-KBA, an A340, had additional 'Volvo Ocean Race' titles: NICE :good: :good: Love the red engines ;) :

IPB Image

Another interesting Mad-Dog at Kastrup was this nicely painted SE-RGP, operating for Air-Berlin to Berlin-Tegel (why oh why not to Duesseldorf that day ???):

IPB Image

Sterling operates some -800 series 737's with different colours, like red/yellow/green and blue; here the blue one OY-SEB, still with the old tail-motif:

IPB Image

Danish Air Transport operates with the most colourful scheme I've ever seen: what do you think of this pretty OY-CIR:

IPB Image

FlyNordic is another MD80 operator you'll see at Kastrup; here, SE-RBE is roaring/thundering down 22R:

IPB Image

Apart from seeing the 757 in the morning, I was very lucky to also see the Air Greenland Airbus A330 OY-GRN (look to the left of the picture - the tail sticking out there is a stored CR7 bound for CR airways):

IPB Image

to be continued with HKG pictures...

Thanks for the nice pics, Pieter!

Love Air Greenland's colour scheme and OY-CIR certainly is colourful :good:

Danish Air Transport operates with the most colourful scheme I've ever seen: what do you think of this pretty OY-CIR:

IPB Image

to be continued with HKG pictures...

So many MDsssssssssssss

This one is attractive. So colorful.

:good: Nice one.

Looking forward on your shots in HKG.

After arriving home on 22jun06 at 2.00am (from DUS by car), it was 'up&running' again at 11.00am for the trip to Schiphol and check-in on B-HXJ...was able to get the very last seat on her and after an 11 hour 10mins flight, met with Sneeze and were able to shoot lot's and lot's of planes at CLK :good:

First few landings were on 25L, and the following were 'pinned down':

B-18275

IPB Image

B-18303

IPB Image

After which only the cargo-liner landed there and the passenger flights changed to 25R (more difficult to shoot the planes); here 2 "prends prom da Pilipines":

N751PR

IPB Image

RP-C1240

IPB Image

Not only for Chinese airlines, HKG is a good spot, also other regional airliners are 'hot' for the average European spotter:

HS-TEG

IPB Image

HS-TEK

IPB Image

How about some Korean aircraft..........:

HL-7565

IPB Image

HL-7532

IPB Image

HL-7528

IPB Image

........or their neighbours from Japan:

This one is for you, Eric - JA615J:

IPB Image

JA8362 of ANA-AirJapan:

IPB Image

more of HKG-CLK to follow........

Uncle Pieter, Nice shots there.

However, the day was really hot, so there seems a layer of blurry between the lens and the aircrafts.

also, the aircrafts were going to be melted.

Hope you have got joyful that day. :)

Hi Pieter, you have a varieties of airlines and angles too.

I am sure it is tiring but fun to cover a few places in 1 week. Now to select and touch up those photos will be challenging. :p

BTW, a small little dust spot is stubbornly hanging on to your camera's sensor.... :angry:

Pieter, awesome trip, awesome pics!

Sorry about CPH - I transited there twice on the 22nd June, weather was perfect... but I was in my business suit and carrying a laptop bag only... so no chance for spotting - if I realized that you would be there on the 21st , I would have gone up the day before for spotting with you.

Sorry about ZRH too... as mentioned, half year closing for me. Busy! But the weather that day was very nice, no?

Got some more pics, right?

Pieter, love them all, what can I say, the pixs already speak for themselves :drinks:

Did you get CO at HKG :rolleyes: Keep more coming, if there are Ah moi, don't be shy to put them on :good:

Hey Pieter

thanks for our newest 767-300ER (JA615J). It is delivered just a few weeks ago to my knowledge. You have been lucky at CPH too! A big variety of airliners there, more then I saw a few weeks earlier. HKG weather is causing some heathaze/blurr on your images and indeed the sensor dust is still visible. You really should take some time to clean it, as you will find this ignoring in many of your images. HKG seems a very interesting place, I like the KE 737 (saw one at NRT myself too by the way).

Guys,

Dust-spot has been removed now, however, it will still be seen in these series of shots :sorry: :sorry:

The only 3-holer I saw during this short visit was this UPS MD-11 in new UPS colours:

IPB Image

Apart from CI, the other Taiwan airline is frequently serving HKG: here B-16309, an A330 of EVA seen landing:

IPB Image

Was very pleased to see this B-KBB of CR airways:

IPB Image

Boring for the SIN spotter-friends, but one of the highlights for me: 9V-JSD of Jetstar:

IPB Image

Ofcourse, my detour via HKG, facilitated me of plenty of mainland Chinese airlines:

China Eastern:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Skyteam member to be - China Southern:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Air China: (sorry, Sneeze, for mentioning this as CAAC :sorry: :lol: :sorry:

IPB Image

+ Dragonair of HKG:

IPB Image

IPB Image

and HK Express:

IPB Image

before boarding for my 1st ever 777-flight, a 'pencil' of Cathay B-HNG:

IPB Image

see Norman's landing shot at KLIA in the other topic :good: :pardon:

to be continued with the KUL weekend shots 24-25jun06...

HK Express:

IPB Image

Uncle Pieter, the UPS was not the only 3-holer that you have shot.

See the above photo.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

once again, hope you have got a joyful day here with me. :)

Uncle Pieter, the UPS was not the only 3-holer that you have shot.

See the above photo.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

once again, hope you have got a joyful day here with me. :)

Sneeze, you're absolutely right: let me re-phrase: "the only 3-holer shot during the landing" :lol:

Thanks again, bro, for the few excellent spotting-hours we spent together: arrived as a 'milk bottle' and departed for KUL as a 'red lobster' :rofl: :rofl:

Fuhh~!!! Fuh~!!! BeautifulL Shot there Pieter.. So ColorfulL. :good:

OK, guys, let's continue with saturday, 24jun06/KLIA shots...other pictures taken during this event can also be viewed at the "Malaysianwings 1st anniversary - Jom let's go spotting" topic; here's my selection of that day:

An early trip to the airport safeguarded the departure of this 737-800 of Jet Airways VT-JGG:

IPB Image

Really glad to see the FedEx Airbus A310 freighter N454FE; haven't checked the books yet, but could be ex-KLM:

IPB Image

Although seen plenty of CZ aircraft the previous day at HKG, this B-2343 was taken by me with a big smile, for only tripple sevens are flying to Europe:

IPB Image

Although not a 'Silver Bullet', I dedicate this one to you, Eric: good ol' JA811J:

IPB Image

Finally, I was able to shoot Papa-Bravo, after failing to 'nail' her at Amsterdam-Schiphol a few times; like the SIN lad's, was real happy with this nose-shot of her:

IPB Image

Sri Lankan used to fly into Amsterdam ages ago with Tristars, so was happy to see this A330 4R-ALC passing my lens:

IPB Image

Love the visible condensation in these huge RR-engines of Romeo Papa, while starting her take-off run:

IPB Image

Another reason for going early to KLIA, was to take a shot of Indian Airlines; VT-EVT turned-up in the old-colours with single-bogey only:

IPB Image

Who says, it's ALWAYS nice weather in Malaysia ???:

IPB Image

Air India did not sent a 'regular', but this rather new 737-800 VT-AXG (the girl hiding her face because of the rainy conditions):

IPB Image

Than it was off to the 'weather station' where we could enjoy some other take-off shots, despite the tail-sind component of up to 25 knots :o . Here, double-bogey VT-EPK:

IPB Image

'Rotate', PK-AWV just lifting her nose off runway 14R for her flight to Indonesia:

IPB Image

TF-ATZ had a hard job getting airborne with her heavy load of Kargo and tail-wind:

IPB Image

Bye-bye, Lily, hope you'll enjoy your flight to Bintulu ;) :

IPB Image

Just look at these dramatic clouds, while VN-A347 is about to rotate: typical Dutch weather conditions, I'd say :p :

IPB Image

Garuda used to operate into Europe, but basically become a regional Asian airline now; here PK-GZM is seen rolling for one of the last take-offs from 14R that day (after VN aborted a landing on 14L just before this):

IPB Image

Lion Air PK-LIJ was one of the 1st to land on 32L: unfortunately, not a Mad-Dog this time, but nice nevertheless:

IPB Image

Because of the runway-swap, this bugger landed on 14L and departed via 32R; :sorry: guys, this is the best I could get of her :sorry: :

IPB Image

9M-AAI is one of the most colourfull Air Asia 737's flying around and looks very patriotic:

IPB Image

Extremely happy to nail this old lady PK-MBY, as very difficult to see -200's now operating in Europe:

IPB Image

"Fussballnase" came in late afternoon; here seen from the approach-spot of 32L:

IPB Image

Sneeze was pre-warned by the Emperor about Papa Bravo's impending visit to CLK; here she's seen returning back to base:

IPB Image

to be continued with sunday, 25jun06 shots............

nice pictures from the traffic in KLIA, and happy to met you on the very meaningful day for MWings :)

allow me to slot in a picture for you, pieter.... :rofl: as a commercial break? he he

IPB Image

PH-BFA captured 1st July ;)