MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tony

Sydney 12JUN06

Also heard that the A332s have weaker floorboards, which is why QF is giving them over to JQ Intl as QF is unable to upgrade their A332 premium cabins without spending money to strengthen the floorboard
Correct. QF also had the brilliant idea of saving costs by writing off 31T from the MTOW, to save on airservices charges etc. I heard through the grape vine, that QF's well documented disgust with the A332 (turnarounds sometimes longer than flight times...needless to say, anyd10t could tell you its not smart to ops an 11000km jet, on 900km routes!), resulted in the management staff who compiled the required information prior to purchase, being fired. But thats far from confirmed, but sounds very "qantas-ish"

its not smart to ops an 11000km jet, on 900km routes!

Yes indeed. The A332 can fly a longer distance than its currently doing. Which is why I stunned for a few seconds when JQ Intl announced using them to fly 8 to 10-hour sectors. Flipped through my reference book and noticed that the aircraft can indeed fly further, just that I wasn't used to it since QF had been using it on short-hauls. :p

31t write-off is a lot! But maybe not a high percentage as per the Airbus' MTOW? :unknw:

Something special captured on 20 June 2006...

Random biz jet

IPB Image

Island of Fiji? FJ special livery :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

VH-VQH Jetstar A320

IPB Image

Don't know what happened to the last 3 photos - uploaded 600pix, but turned out to be 300pix. :unknw: Gah~ Photobucket! :angry:

Edited by Tony

Hey Tony, nice Catch of Air Pacific Specia Livery.. :yahoo:

The Plane is actually called Viti Levu..

Looking fwd for more

Tony use Imageshack laaa... hehehehehe :p

Nice Catch from your Balcony.. What A beautifulL Livery~!!! :wub:

Nice balcony you have there!

Good shot of the UA.

I saw a UA 744 landing in JFK with a routing something like SYD-LAX-JFK. It was late afternoon on the 12th June. I guess the plane must have left on the morning of the 12th from Sydney. So is this the same plane?

Thanks guys!

Tony use Imageshack laaa... hehehehehe :p

Have just opened an account recently, will start using soon :)

I saw a UA 744 landing in JFK with a routing something like SYD-LAX-JFK. It was late afternoon on the 12th June. I guess the plane must have left on the morning of the 12th from Sydney. So is this the same plane?

The one I captured last week was N180UA. UA does SYD/LAX sectors, so yea should be the same one (at least the same flight number if not tail number :p).

bang Tamizi, have not forgotten your request for VH-VXB Yananyi Dreaming. Just that it has yet to fly past my window/balcony :lol:

Edited by Tony

bang Tamizi, have not forgotten your request for VH-VXB Yananyi Dreaming. Just that it has yet to fly past my window/balcony :lol:

It's ok,Tony.You don't have to rush for it.Take tour time slowly.Maybe there's a luck for you to take a shot of her in the future.Awesome photos of Air Pacific and Jetstar,and do post more pictures! :good:

Good job Tony :good: Love the shot, especially from balcony :D

BTW, that's my biz jet :)

Huh? Seriously,Seth? :blink:

Want to ask something here,Is the QF A332 is used for Trans-Australian routes only,so that's why it was called the CityFlyer?

Hope anybody could explain on this.Thanks in advance. :lol:

Want to ask something here,Is the QF A332 is used for Trans-Australian routes only,so that's why it was called the CityFlyer?

Hope anybody could explain on this.Thanks in advance. :lol:

My guess would be YES. Gibby might be able to clarify?

Woke up early to watch the Australia vs Croatia match. Game over at 7am and thought I could stay up for some spotting, but weather was really bad for that.

Called up YSSY ATIS @ 0730: visibility for rwy34L was 500m, rwy34R was 600m.

Some images to show how bad it was...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wow,that's a thick fog in the morning....Even here's it's not that thick enough in the early morning.Wonder how the a/c touching down with the poor visibilities... :blink:

I've never seen such heavy fog in Sydney for the past few years. It feels great!! 10 degrees C and limited visibility, lovely :wub:

Since it's MW birthday today, I thought I'd try my luck spotting on me balcony again. No movements pass the balcony until 2pm. :yahoo:

In a few days' time I'll be flying down to MEL in one of these little A320 - cute, aren't they? :p

Shown here VH-VQY.

IPB Image

Then more QF and DJ flights flew pass, which makes it rather 'boring' (to some extent). And so I tried a little trick - taking a shot behind a window with water droplets on it. VH-VBN of Virgin Blue.

IPB Image

I saw a trail of thick black smoke. "That's interesting!" As it came closer...

Dedicating this pic to all MW-ers. Happy anniversary to MW!!

9M-TGK of Transmile. A charter perhaps?

IPB Image

Lovely Austrian T7.

IPB Image

To "nose-lovers".

IPB Image

VH-VOA of Virgin Blue and VH-VXU of Qantas flew in during sunset.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Started to get dark when this little baby came in from NZ.

IPB Image

Dash 8 came in after sunset (well, almost).

IPB Image

And guess what? YANANYI~~!! Bang Tamizi, sorry la~ Too dark for clear shot. I had to use Photoshop to adjust the contrast levels so that it's "visibile". :rofl: I'll try to get clear shots of it if it does hang around during the day, ok?

IPB Image

Tried experimenting with Panning. No luck. Need more practice too!

Shake shake shake shake~~~~ It's a Virgin Blue.

IPB Image

And then a Qantas. Less shaking, but god knows what I was doing. :fool: :unknw:

IPB Image

My panning shots are hopeless, aren't they? :sorry: So to make myself feel better, I turned over to the roundabout and did a long exposure night shot (4 seconds).

IPB Image

Now I'm happy :yahoo: And I should get back to study :mellow: :help:

Wah, love the pixs, you got your luck that day~Transmile :yahoo:

Tony, how come fog good? :rolleyes:

Again, awesome shots from your balcony. Your last pix give hint where you live :) Better lock your door :good:

Wah, love the pixs, you got your luck that day~Transmile :yahoo:

Tony, how come fog good? :rolleyes:

Again, awesome shots from your balcony. Your last pix give hint where you live :) Better lock your door :good:

Thick fog reminds me of highlands, e.g. Blue Mountains and Genting. Which suggests I should switch my mood mode to "holiday". Unfortunately I have an exam on Tuesday. :( Good thing is it'll be over in a few days! :yahoo:

It [the roundabout pic] does give out a lot "info", doesn't it? Now guess which floor my unit's on. Not giving out the answer though. :rofl:

And guess what? YANANYI~~!! Bang Tamizi, sorry la~ Too dark for clear shot. I had to use Photoshop to adjust the contrast levels so that it's "visibile". :rofl: I'll try to get clear shots of it if it does hang around during the day, ok?

IPB Image

Ahhhhh!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: It's the Yananyi Dreaming!!!T Thanks a lot for that, Dik Tony :lol: .Sure,no problem at all :lol:.Maybe you can get a clear shot of her in the future.Congratulations for the wonderful photos of Austrian Triple 7 and also the the QF VH-VXU.

Just borrow this topic,

is there MW member in Sydney or Melbourne or in Perth?

A few here there everywhere. Note the profiles :)

Just borrow this topic,

is there MW member in Sydney or Melbourne or in Perth?

MW is all over the place! Looks like you from BKI, KUL and PER. We have MWs in these 3 places :drinks:

Wow,that's a thick fog in the morning....Even here's it's not that thick enough in the early morning.Wonder how the a/c touching down with the poor visibilities... :blink:

Indeed, if I am not mistaken, there were more than 10 international fllights rerouted to BNE that morning and caused BNE airport a heavy 'traffic jam' :help: