MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

Japan Air Force 001 & 002

Do we have a new member in the house?

Welcome to MalaysianWings Poowin!

Not laaa Walter...

Poowin old members here... He Change his avatar and signature.

I still remeber he not only plane spotter but girl spotter also :rofl:

Anyway JK.. Nice Pics of Emperor Jumbo... Damn Nice... Power~!!! Power~!!! :good:

Most probably to BKK for Thai's King Celebration...

Our King is also going.. ;)

Bro,

Better go to BKK now, as the Fokker 70 with the orange tail also there :o (3 stops enroute)...

OT: saw Azmi briefly this morning: had an excellent flight on MH016 ;)

Emperor,

Excellent shots of Japanese Emperor's aircraft...thanks for sharing :good:

Poowin,

Any shots from your side of (all) the visiting aircraft for the King's B-day celebrations ??? :huh:

Firstly . . . congratulations to all for the wonderful images and discussion . . . as always, the images were superbly taken and the humour that came about later in the discussion was thoroughly enjoyable.

My friends and I were fortunate that the Malaysian Emperor send a short SMS to informed us (in Bangkok) that his Japanese counterpart was on the way. We staked out the bridge on the northern approach in baking sun (if we were each a lump of dough at the beginning, we were buns and bread when we finally rolled off the bridge). Arigato-gozaimasu Emperor Kong for the SMS!!!

Finally, after many false IDs . . . 20-1102 approached and landed on runway 21L and taxied to the northern ramp of the RTAF Don Muang Airbase where the red carpet was rolled out.

IPB Image

IPB Image

We were hopeful that 20-1101 would similarly land on 21L . . . but unusually for an aircraft that too was destined for Don Muang Airbase, it landed on 21R. So all we had was this shot that bore little markings except the thinnest of red/gold cheatline.

IPB Image

Security was extremely tight in Bangkok during this time . . . police patrols were regular, policemen were stationed strategically along the roads under the northern approach to Don Muang Airport and Airbase. Adding to that, Bangkokians seem to have been hit by paranoia and on one occasion on 10 Jun, an elderly man alerted a policeman to our presence (although we took pains to stow away the cameras after use and were dressed in colours matching our concrete surroundings). The policeman probably radioed for a colleague to join him and together, they terminated our quest for planes that day.

As a result of this, we missed the B747SP of Bahrain that came less than 20 minutes later. Other VIP planes in Bangkok include B767-300 of Royal Air Moroc, B744 V8-ALI of Brunei, Fokker 70 of The Netherlands, BBJ of the RMAF etc

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Fuyoh! This thread is getting better and better with the coverage up to Bangkok.

Thanks for the coverage in BKK from Poowin and KC Sim.

Poowin, nice signature that represent all our thoughts. Your avatar looks kinf od familiar ? :D Just joking.

KC, I like the unique shot of 20-1101.

Did you get any salute there while wearing your Jap style cap ? :p

Guys in BKK, I am sure you have more specials to share with us. I am waiting.

Now if we get some SIN coverage as well will be extra nice.

Hi Chaity,

I was indeed wearing that Japanese-style cap (not that I saw the link then). It was a necessary piece of protection from the intense sun and made the crucial difference between a tanned neck and a thoroughly grilled one.

For those keen on aviation photography and needed to protect your ears and necks . . . Bangkok's Chatuchak Market has such caps (essentially a jockey cap with a piece of material streaming down the back that provides cover for the ears and neck). It is quite pointless to choose those with just a small piece of material as it does not provide enough cover.

I bought one that provides ample cover over the weekend - and it cost me Bht160 (approximately S$6.60).

KC Sim

Nice livery, simple and elegant... at least nicer than Taiwan president's flying tooth paste :pardon:

Agree... :good:

-snip-snip--

As a result of this, we missed the B747SP of Bahrain that came less than 20 minutes later. Other VIP planes in Bangkok include B767-300 of Royal Air Moroc, B744 V8-ALI of Brunei, Fokker 70 of The Netherlands, BBJ of the RMAF etc

KC Sim

:sorry: Waa... KC... that's a lot of misses...

Felt sorry for you guys...

Their concern for security is understandable...

Since it involved almost all the world's Kings & Emperors...

But they should recognise the difference between the enthusiast-type and nuisance-type :pardon:

Anyway, thanks for sharing the Don Muang's approach to complete the JAF001 flight :yahoo:

Hi Chaity,

I was indeed wearing that Japanese-style cap (not that I saw the link then). It was a necessary piece of protection from the intense sun and made the crucial difference between a tanned neck and a thoroughly grilled one.

For those keen on aviation photography and needed to protect your ears and necks . . . Bangkok's Chatuchak Market has such caps (essentially a jockey cap with a piece of material streaming down the back that provides cover for the ears and neck). It is quite pointless to choose those with just a small piece of material as it does not provide enough cover.

I bought one that provides ample cover over the weekend - and it cost me Bht160 (approximately S$6.60).

KC Sim

The Jap-style cap is indeed more useful than the normal baseball cap.

Another not too bad cap would be the one wore by Norman's son with a small little umbrella on top :lol:

One last pic of thJASDF B744 20-1101 as it floated towards runway 21R of Don Muang Airport.

IPB Image

Norman: Indeed . . . heartache seeing those beautiful VIP jets on the opposite side of the airport. I was surprised the Thai enthusiasts were not out there on the approach.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

This Bombardier Global Express ZS-ESA arrived in Bangkok on 11 Jun (just slightly ahead of the Japanese Emperor and Empress) with the royalties from Swaziland.

IPB Image

The following is a complete list of VIP aircraft that brought royalties to the celebration of the 60th Anniversary of the Accession of the King of Thailand:

20-1101 Boeing 747-47C JASDF 701 Hikotai

20-1102 Boeing 747-47C JASDF 701 Hikotai

3A-MGR Falcon 2000 Govt of Monaco

9K-ADE Boeing 747-469 Kuwait Airways

9K-AJD Gulfstream 5 State of Kuwait

A4O-AA Airbus A320-233 Oman Royal Flight

A6-EHA Airbus A340-541 Etihad Airways

A7-HHK Airbus A340-211 Qatar Amiri Flight

A9C-HMH Boeing 747SP-21 Bahrain Amiri Flight

CD01 Falcon 900B Belgian AF 21sm

CN-RMT Boeing 757-2B5 Royal Air Maroc

JY-ABH Airbus A340 The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

M53-01 Boeing 737-7H6 Royal Malaysian AF 2skn

PH-KBX Fokker 70 Dutch Government

T.22-2/45-51 Airbus A310-304 Spanish AF 451 Esc

V8-ALI Boeing 747-430 Brunei Sultan Flight

ZS-ESA BD700 Govt of Swaziland

KC Sim

The following is a complete list of VIP aircraft that brought royalties to the celebration of the 60th Anniversary of the Accession of the King of Thailand:

20-1101 Boeing 747-47C JASDF 701 Hikotai

20-1102 Boeing 747-47C JASDF 701 Hikotai

3A-MGR Falcon 2000 Govt of Monaco

9K-ADE Boeing 747-469 Kuwait Airways

9K-AJD Gulfstream 5 State of Kuwait

A4O-AA Airbus A320-233 Oman Royal Flight

A6-EHA Airbus A340-541 Etihad Airways

A7-HHK Airbus A340-211 Qatar Amiri Flight

A9C-HMH Boeing 747SP-21 Bahrain Amiri Flight

CD01 Falcon 900B Belgian AF 21sm

CN-RMT Boeing 757-2B5 Royal Air Maroc

JY-ABH Airbus A340 The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

M53-01 Boeing 737-7H6 Royal Malaysian AF 2skn

PH-KBX Fokker 70 Dutch Government

T.22-2/45-51 Airbus A310-304 Spanish AF 451 Esc

V8-ALI Boeing 747-430 Brunei Sultan Flight

ZS-ESA BD700 Govt of Swaziland

KC Sim

Wow, that is an impressive list! Did you manage to get any of them? Please post the pictures here, would love to see them! :)

Wow KC, certainly a long and interesting list.

I am sure you will get some photos while they are departing soon. :blink:

Yup... very impressive list there...

I think the security will be tight too when they'll leave.

But just hope that your spotting location for the departures

will be "free of incumberances"... :rolleyes:

Good luck KC & Thai spotters :drinks:

Jonathan, Chaity & Norman: The list certainly is impressive but there is little chance of photographing these planes on departure.

There is no location on the military side to take rotation or line-up shots, and at best, one might be able to grab a climb-out shot from some of the private apartment buildings on the eastern side of the airfield.

I do not imagine these departing on runway 21R (and if they do, perhaps there is a chance for a few frames each time they roll by between piers 2 and 3).

I am back in Singapore and will therefore have to hope that our Thai counterparts continue the chase.

KC Sim

Guys,

Fokker already gone since today 0300z...

Great shots by everybody! Wish we could get such nice rotations...

Hi Tsentsan, got any shots from SIN ? Even if half a tail or winglet ?