MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sanjay Thaker

Emirates a 4 Star Airline now?

I flew EK on LGW-DXB-KUL vv in April and only one sector was operated by an A332 (DXB-KUL), the rest being B772/772ER. In my opinion EK Y class seats on both these planes are slightly below standard - 772 has tight seat width and A332 has tight seat pitch. The seat pitch on A332 is definitely less than that of MAS, thats for sure. I was on board a 772 on the KUL-DXB leg, unfortunately this flight was originated from CGK and the cabin was really untidy when I boarded the plane - my seat was obviously taken by someone on the CGK-KUL sector, the blanket was missing, the headphone has been used and there were litter under my seat. Not a good start for a medium haul flight. The crew should have done a bit of tidying up, maybe that is due to short time on ground? But I was on a Lauda Air's flight from KUL to VIE couple of years ago, the flight actually originated from SYD but the cabin was very clean.

But the seat pitch is the same as MAS Y on 744, 772 and 333.

MH seat pitch is greater than EK ;)

I have never flown EK but I hear that it is a very good airline.

Now, the problem is that everyone tells me the same thing... a lot of people I know "hear" that it is a very good airline, and majority of those who actually flew with them said that they were disappointed... good, but not very good. EK definitely are very good at bragging if a lot of people who have never flown it give it the thumbs up. I reserve judgment until I fly emirates, but I definitely have to say that they are very good at marketing themselves.

MH seat pitch is greater than EK ;)

The EY seat pitch on all of EK 777 are exactly the same as MH 744, 772 and 333.

The EY seat pitch on all of EK 777 are exactly the same as MH 744, 772 and 333.

Yes Emirates 777 has pretty much the same seat pitch as MH 772, I don't recall having legroom problem when travelling with them. In my opinion MH Y seats seems a bit bulky compare to the others, but I must say they are one of the most comfortable.

Sign in to follow this