MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
S V Choong

Mission Impossible 3

Saw MI3 last week and the plane in the movie appears to be a Boeing 727 in the movie, if I am not mistaken. The stupid thing about the movie is that the 727 belongs to USAF and it has a floor hatch. Tom Cruise opened the floor hatch during the flight to scare the guy he capture when he interrogate him. Funny thing is, the cabin did not depressure and send the plane down. It only send the paper and things flying around as the wind came in. :rofl:

I guess people are just too comfortable without realising that the cabin is pressurised during flight. :pardon:

Have you guys seen it?

There is also one scene whereby Tom Cruise is at the outskirt of Shanghai. If you really pay attention, you will see Malaysia Airlines billboard. :)

Wonder how much MAS paid? <_>

That "MAS" billboard is also seen by me when visiting Shanghai from the Pearl TV tower. I have a photo of that as well.

But the part when they said "Wusong Road" is also a fake scene. The scene in the movie shows Zhou Zhuang, a traditional settlement at the outskirts of Shanghai, between Shanghai and Hangzhou. They are cheating westerners who have yet to visit Shanghai :)

Edited by S V Choong

There is also one scene whereby Tom Cruise is at the outskirt of Shanghai. If you really pay attention, you will see Malaysia Airlines billboard. :)

Wonder how much MAS paid? <_<

Yep.. Malaysia Airlines billboard in reverse.. may be MAS pay half only.. :rofl:

Funny thing is, the cabin did not depressure and send the plane down. I

Yeah,now people think they can open emergency doors and only wind will come in and nothing will happened :D

i love that vatican city scene.

Very well planned plan to kidnap Mr Seymour. Sad they have to blow that Gallardo though and gosh is Maggie Q's cantonese is awful.

and gosh is Maggie Q's cantonese is awful.

Who cares...when she has a pair of sexy/smooth legs. :good:

If you see properly, they use DHL van at Rome, wonder how much they paid?

DHL Hong Kong has an ad playing on TV. It shows an IMF agent delivering a cinema film on time. Mission was accomplished when the film was played on skyscrapers' facade, which are located on HK island.

Maggie Q's cantonese is awful.

Would have to agree with that.

Who cares...when she has a pair of sexy/smooth legs. good.gif

Nice legs but couldn't say the same for the face though :)

What nationality and ethnicity is she? I think she's half Chinese isn't she?

Edited by S V Choong

She's a Canadian if i've not mistaken. Not too sure if she's half Chinese in ethnicity but i'm sure she's a Canadian.

Hong Kongers love to migrate to Canada.

Negative. She is mixed, Vietnamese (mother) + Irish-American (father). Born and raised in Hawaii, started uni but gave up to try luck in modelling career in HK at 18.

Spotted by Jackie Chan because of her athletic agility and never give up fighting spirit. The roles she received are either femme fatale, assasin or female baddie.

Edited by Denny Yen

Hong Kongers love to migrate to Canada.

They call Hong Kong people this? I love learning new stuff from this site :good:

Anyway, she has got ot have some chinese blood :)

Hong Konger is an appropriate term and more polite compared to the other one.

It is true that Canada is a favorite migration destination especially Vancouver (milder winter compared to Alberta, Toronto). In fact, Vancouver is popularly known as Hongcouver.

They call Hong Kong people this? I love learning new stuff from this site :good:

I wanted to call them HongKees but they're quite impolite.

Right Sneeze?

DHL Hong Kong has an ad playing on TV. It shows an IMF agent delivering a cinema film on time. Mission was accomplished when the film was played on skyscrapers' facade, which are located on HK island.

Denny, Long time no see,

I like this ad. very much. A professional adv. indeed.

AS well as HKer, you may also call us HKese

M. Q's Cantonese :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Do you know she is now a singer? Terrible :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Hong Konger is an appropriate term and more polite compared to the other one.

It is true that Canada is a favorite migration destination especially Vancouver (milder winter compared to Alberta, Toronto). In fact, Vancouver is popularly known as Hongcouver.

New term to me, "Hongcouver", Thanks, Denny.

Right, HK is really is special in term of the political issue.

Not really any other people can understand.

I wanted to call them HongKees but they're quite impolite.

I have just leant from S.V. that HongKees is a term that Malaysian and Singaporean use to call HKese.

and which is an impolite term.

However, we also use the nearly the same kind of terms to call, China Chinese, Japanese, and those Black guys. In my point of view, using such terms are not really a matter, but don't use the term in rude, and impolite way, as long as we know you are kind during the speech will totally be alright.

In the case of Auckland here there is a suburb called "Howick" and since many Asians (mainly Hong Kongers and Taiwanese) occupying here, the locals called it "Hongwick" :)

"Hong Kees" can easily be mistaken by English speakers as "Honky", which is a term degratory term invented by blackman as a counter-measure against the term "nigger" by the whitemen. So if you speak to a native English speaker from the west and using the term "Hong Kees" or "Honky", chances are you will probably get a frown upon by them, or in the worst case scenario getting a smack by them. (as they might know that you are referring to Hong Kongers and makes no point to educate them about it too).