MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
S V Choong

About Subang in her heyday

Thanks, taken in 1990, the same year my family emigrated to New Zealand. I still remember the old airport and when you enter into the immigration area.

I think it is worthy of preservation compared to current T3. All it need is just renovation.

Taken in front of FID at SZB in year 1985 after the terminal undergone renovation. From the FID there were :

Departures

SQ SIN 9:45

MH PEN/MAA 10:00

MH BKI/MNL 10:00

MH PEN/MES 10:05

MH IPH/PEN/KBR 10:15

SQ SIN 10:15

MH IPH 10:50

MH HKG 11:00

MH KCH/LBU/BKI 11:10

MH SIN 11:45

MH TGG 11:55

9P (or DP ?) KERTEH 12:00

MH PEN 12:00

9P (?) MKZ 12:25

TG BKK 12:45

MH JHB 12:50

SQ SIN 13:15

Arrivals :

MH PEN 10:00

MH IPH 10:20

MH SIN 10:35

BA LHR/AUH 11:25

MH KBR 11:05

9P (?) KERTEH 11:30

MH KUA 11:30

MH SIN 11:35

TG BKK 11:50

9P (?) PEN 12:15

MH IPH 12:25

SQ SIN 12:35

MH KCH/JHB 13:00

RJ AMM 13:15

Capture%20-%20Copy_zpspybgnpiq.png

The photo is heavily cropped to get rid of unwanted model :p

I was thinking it may have been the F-27s. I don't remember Pelangi had F-27s, but only F-50s.

F-50s came online on 1989 or 1990

DP was MAC AIR , went bankrupt in mid 80's and MH quickly establish 9P to takeover DP routes as the most affected was O&G sector as DP was the only connectivity between KUL and KER ( Kerteh ) . Their fleet was predominantly turboprop Dorniers

^^ No wonder Pelangi had Dorniers.

I remember flying Pelangi F50s from Kerteh when I was a kid, and there was a framed picture of a Pelangi Dornier in an office in the terminal.

I always thought Pelangi was a separate company leasing MH F50s O.O But their financial performance was extremely bad apparently.

DP was MAC AIR , went bankrupt in mid 80's and MH quickly establish 9P to takeover DP routes as the most affected was O&G sector as DP was the only connectivity between KUL and KER ( Kerteh ) . Their fleet was predominantly turboprop Dorniers

Oh my...I'm sure there is no record of this airline anymore...MAC Air...wonder what it stands for...I only knew 9P when I was doing KCH-KUL-TGG in 1991, spent a whole day in T3 Subang waiting for my connection...

Thanks for the info :good:

Oh my...I'm sure there is no record of this airline anymore...MAC Air...wonder what it stands for...I only knew 9P when I was doing KCH-KUL-TGG in 1991, spent a whole day in T3 Subang waiting for my connection...

Malaysian Air Charter sounds about right...

Some of the flight number still exists today. SQ107 and TG416.

MH105 tp JHB and MH308 to PEN. Not long after this photo was taken, MH revised their domestic flight numbers to MH1xxx within the Peninsular and MH2xxx to flight to and from or within East Malaysian states.

How I miss the MH routes with transits... KUL--KCH-MYY-LBU-BKI on MH2625.. MH 060 KUL-KCH-BKI and I think at one time MH offers BKI-KUL on 4hour F50 flight.

I've been on MH2610 from KUL-KCH-MYY-LBU-BKI in Nov 1995. And MH used to fly from PEN as well to BKI via KUL,KCH,MYY and LBU with MH2682 but it was shortlived.

During its heyday, Subang may be smaller than KLIA, but the lines of parked aircrafts within close range sure made the airport livelier and more international. I knew that because my first ever trip to KL back in 1994, we were transported from our aircraft to arrival hall using shuttle bus. Along the way, I saw many aircrafts of different colours parked there. Quite a sight as a small kid.

I may be going a bit bonkers, but when I was a kid I used to receive these old white plastic MAS 747 models which you had to build yourself. After you were done you could put the stickers for the MAS livery...came with wheels too :D I guess this was way before snap fit models became normal.

Seemed to have about 5 or 6 at one point, always when my parents came back on MH from Subang.

During its heyday, Subang may be smaller than KLIA, but the lines of parked aircrafts within close range sure made the airport livelier and more international. I knew that because my first ever trip to KL back in 1994, we were transported from our aircraft to arrival hall using shuttle bus. Along the way, I saw many aircrafts of different colours parked there. Quite a sight as a small kid.

I agreed. You can see the line up of MAS 747-236B, 747-3H6M, 747-4H6, DC-10-30s, A330-300s, A300B4-200s, B737-400, B737-5H6s and B737-2H6 all lined up from Gate 1 of T1 all the way to T2 and T3.

And lepakking at viewing deck while munching a&w (later KFC) french fries, watching plane tails sitting next to each other just in front of you in T1. Meanwhile in T3, the right place to spot aircrafts was upstair (a&w too) seeing pelangi air or airasia occupying the gate number 40.

Sorry folks , I think MAC Air may have used shorts 360 instead of Dornier , can't really remember.....I'm getting old .

MAC used Shorts Skyvans. Also Some BN-2 as well.