MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Robert

KLIA New Plaza Premium Lounges

There are new Plaza Premium First and Plaza Premium Lounges open open on L2 near the G gates. This is basically next door to the MH regional golden lounge. I believe these were opened on Monday because I saw the usual floral arrangements at the bottom of the escalator as well as read an article that the YB Loke attended the opening.

Its a pity that MH didn't open another F lounge becuase it's a pain to go there on the bus 

12 minutes ago, Robert said:

Its a pity that MH didn't open another F lounge becuase it's a pain to go there on the bus 

The F lounge is quiet as it is for most part of the day. It pretty much only gets slightly busy (other than the dining room) past 6PM. I don't know if there are a lot of emeralds flying on regional MH flights (those G/H gates). I'd rather them renovate the current regional and satellite lounge instead (nothing wrong with the current lounge right now but if they have the money to throw around 🤣).

21 minutes ago, Craig said:

The F lounge is quiet as it is for most part of the day. It pretty much only gets slightly busy (other than the dining room) past 6PM. I don't know if there are a lot of emeralds flying on regional MH flights (those G/H gates). I'd rather them renovate the current regional and satellite lounge instead (nothing wrong with the current lounge right now but if they have the money to throw around 🤣).

Most of the the time time the F&B is pretty poor in the J lounge. In the morning there os often a queue to get tea/coffee which is inefficient and pointless/ f they fixed that then Ive no issues with it. The food in the main J lounge is almost the same so there is little benefit making the trip over there.

The issue with the F lounge is that the only place that you comfortably sit and work and the dining room which messes things up when it people want a table to eat at.

11 hours ago, Robert said:

There are new Plaza Premium First and Plaza Premium Lounges open open on L2 near the G gates. This is basically next door to the MH regional golden lounge. I believe these were opened on Monday because I saw the usual floral arrangements at the bottom of the escalator as well as read an article that the YB Loke attended the opening.

It actually had a soft opening early this month (1st or 2nd I believe), just that the ribbon cutting only came later.

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Most of the the time time the F&B is pretty poor in the J lounge. In the morning there os often a queue to get tea/coffee which is inefficient and pointless/ f they fixed that then Ive no issues with it. The food in the main J lounge is almost the same so there is little benefit making the trip over there.

The issue with the F lounge is that the only place that you comfortably sit and work and the dining room which messes things up when it people want a table to eat at.

The budget constraints are painfully obvious. They need to up their game in the existing lounges, not build another mediocre one. The Satellite lounges became worse after each renovation.

19 hours ago, Robert said:

I don't remember if the regional and satellite have the same food offering. The buffet area at satellite definitely looks way bigger than regional. If I am not mistaken, they have barista pulled coffee for both. There might be some cheap coffee machine that I think I saw at satellite tho. Speaking of coffee, MH needs to get rid of that "Nescafe Gold Blend" as the one and only choice in their premium cabin. 

At one period of time, steak served in mh f lounge was reconstituted steak.

On a recent red eye flight, after the bar at satellite lounge closed after midnight, server claimed only one bottle of wine (red, white and sparkling) is available for the whole night.

To those brought up in nescafe, nescafe gold blend is premium.

Edited by KK Lee

2 hours ago, KK Lee said:

On a recent red eye flight, after the bar at satellite lounge closed after midnight, server claimed only one bottle of wine (red, white and sparkling) is available for the whole night.

To those brought up in nescafe, nescafe gold blend is premium.

Thats would make a the beef in a big mac better quality haha.

BTW the steak isn't great now

23 hours ago, KK Lee said:

20 hours ago, Robert said:

Thats would make a the beef in a big mac better quality haha.

BTW the steak isn't great now

I think the steak still is reconstituted steak right now. At least as of 2-3 weeks ago. Steak wasn't great. Which is why I stick to the fish option for now (at least they can't reconstitute fish) 😂. I miss their kaya trifle tho. 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

I think the steak still is reconstituted steak right now. At least as of 2-3 weeks ago. Steak wasn't great. Which is why I stick to the fish option for now (at least they can't reconstitute fish) 😂. I miss their kaya trifle tho. 

it just looked like fatty low quality ribeye beef

2 hours ago, Robert said:

it just looked like fatty low quality ribeye beef

Oddly enough, the menu states ribeye steak a few weeks ago 😂 It was rather chewy and doesn't look quite like a ribeye to me.

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Oddly enough, the menu states ribeye steak a few weeks ago 😂 It was rather chewy and doesn't look quite like a ribeye to me.

That was my initial thoughts but I've had similar before. Its like you get at a cheap Sunday roast carvery in the UK haha

Sign in to follow this