MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Craig

All Things FireFly

Does anyone know what FY's SZB bag drop deadline is? I recall pre-Covid they had a rather unreasonable deadline (60 mins) for bags, which seemed entirely unnecessary for an airport like SZB.

Looking through their CoC, it says the counters close 30 mins before, but I'm not sure if it's any different with bags.

6.1.2 Turbo Propellors Operations

Our check-in counters are open ninety (90) minutes and close thirty (30) minutes before the domestic scheduled flight departure time [...] Check-in deadlines may vary at different airports and for particular flights 

41 minutes ago, Chris Tan said:

Does anyone know what FY's SZB bag drop deadline is? I recall pre-Covid they had a rather unreasonable deadline (60 mins) for bags, which seemed entirely unnecessary for an airport like SZB.

Looking through their CoC, it says the counters close 30 mins before, but I'm not sure if it's any different with bags.

Their TOC when tickets are issued. 

Our check-in counters for flights using ATR72-500 aircraft are open ninety (90) minutes and close thirty (30) minutes before the domestic scheduled flight departure time and forty five (45) minutes for international scheduled flight departure time and for flights using B737-800 aircraft, check-in counter are open hundred and twenty (120) minutes and closed forty five (45) minutes before for domestic and international scheduled flight. Check-in deadlines may vary at different airports and for particular flights; it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with these deadlines, the particulars of which will be available at the time you make your booking. In any event, without derogating from the generality of other provisions of these General Conditions of Carriage governing the right of refusal of carriage, we reserve the right not to allow you to check in without any liability to you and without having to refund to you any Tariff paid. Code share flights 4000-4999 and 7000-7999 are subject to Operating Carrier Check-in requirement.

It appears that FY's ATR fleet is being depleted with no replacements incoming. Does FY have plans to operate jets from SZB? Will Mavcom sanction it?

23 minutes ago, flee said:

It appears that FY's ATR fleet is being depleted with no replacements incoming. Does FY have plans to operate jets from SZB? Will Mavcom sanction it?

At Maswings while there are 10 atr. Only 6 are on active duty ever since most of the RAS turboprop routes have been been discontinued only a select few remain. Meanwhile MASWings is facing a shortage of twin otter vikings by at least 2-3 frames and MOT is midst of adding more new subsidies routes and frequency for STOL routes.

21 minutes ago, jahur said:

At Maswings while there are 10 atr. Only 6 are on active duty ever since most of the RAS turboprop routes have been been discontinued only a select few remain. Meanwhile MASWings is facing a shortage of twin otter vikings by at least 2-3 frames and MOT is midst of adding more new subsidies routes and frequency for STOL routes.

It would appear to me that MAG is really short of cash and is cutting all unnecessary expenditure and non profit making activities. I suspect that their situation is far from the rosy picture they are painting of themselves to the media and the public.

21 hours ago, flee said:

It would appear to me that MAG is really short of cash and is cutting all unnecessary expenditure and non profit making activities. I suspect that their situation is far from the rosy picture they are painting of themselves to the media and the public.

Not what my friends in MAS say, they even got bonus last month.