MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
JuliusWong

Malaysia to see entry of new ultra low-cost carrier MYAirline

1 hour ago, JuliusWong said:

Managed to snatch some bargain inaugural flight KUL-KCH on December 1, 2022.

The website crashed for most part of the night. Reminds you of early AirAsia days. Omg! Lol......

The rest of the ancillary charges as attached photo. No credit card charges though for now. And if your name is too long, just put first two names enough, there is character limit in the payment gateway for "Name on Credit Card" column

Screenshot_2022-11-26-01-24-48-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-26-01-24-57-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-26-03-14-52-64_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It is to be expected for a small company. Some of the kk to kl flights were priced at 700 something return. The pricing algorithm needs a lot of tuning when it comes to surge purchases.

Edited by jahur

MYAirlines's first international route has been granted: 

KUL-SIN v.v. / 14x weekly MYAirline Mar-23

Other air traffic rights granted:

1. KUL-BTU v.v. /14x weekly    MYAirline    Mar-23
  2. JHB-KCH v.v. / 7x weekly    MYAirline    Apr-23
  3. JHB-SBW v.v. / 7x weekly    MYAirline    Apr-23

Looks like 1 aircraft AOG after 2 rtbs out of MYY has cause some domino cancellation+retiming. Meanwhile 2 spare aircrafts at hangar none of them towed out to be rescue aircraft probably due to documentation and certs not yet sorted.

Edited by jahur

On 3/6/2023 at 11:14 PM, JuliusWong said:

MYAirlines's first international route has been granted: 

KUL-SIN v.v. / 14x weekly MYAirline Mar-23

Other air traffic rights granted:

1. KUL-BTU v.v. /14x weekly    MYAirline    Mar-23
  2. JHB-KCH v.v. / 7x weekly    MYAirline    Apr-23
  3. JHB-SBW v.v. / 7x weekly    MYAirline    Apr-23

Love a bit of competition on the KUL-SIN route :)

Yes, good to have competition - remember how the MH/SQ pot of gold was so zealously protected that AK could hardly get a sniff for so many years!

7 hours ago, jahur said:

Looks like 1 aircraft AOG after 2 rtbs out of MYY has cause some domino cancellation+retiming. Meanwhile 2 spare aircrafts at hangar none of them towed out to be rescue aircraft probably due to documentation and certs not yet sorted.

Yes, this is like the third major disruption since they commenced operation in last December. Kind of reminding us of AirAsia's early days with their banged up B733 they pulled out from Mojave desert. LOL!

Dear Valued Customers,

We regret to inform you that we will not be able to achieve our on-time departure (OTP) commitment for some of our flights on 16 Mar 2023.

At MYAirline, we value openness and transparency with our Customers. The reason for this delay is due to a technical issue and our Engineering team is on top of this. At MYAirline passenger safety will always be our no 1 priority.

Our passenger experience matters and our teams are doing their best to minimize the impact on valued Customers. But regrettably, our punctuality will be impacted today, resulting in delays for the flights listed below.

Flight delay:
——————
Kota Bahru:
KUL-KBR, Z9 7103 - Estimated departure time: 18:25
KBR-KUL, Z9 7104 - Estimated departure time: 19:55

Kuching:
KUL-KCH, Z9 8103 - Estimated departure time: 11:45
KCH-KUL, Z9 8104 - Estimated departure time: 14:05
KUL-KCH, Z9 8105 - Estimated departure time: 22:40
KCH-KUL, Z9 8106 - Estimated departure time: 01:00

Kota Kinabalu:
KUL-BKI, Z9 8803 - Estimated departure time: 16:25
BKI-KUL, Z9 8804 - Estimated departure time: 19:35

For all impacted passengers by the delay, we will be sending out email and SMS notifications with the new departure times and if you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our live chat agent at www.myairline.my.

Our customers are important to us, but we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
MYAirline

6 hours ago, Robert said:

Love a bit of competition on the KUL-SIN route :)

Yes, I wonder where are they gonna squeeze in their flight? Currently there are 39x daily KUL-SIN flight, based on Google Flight.

image.png

Edited by JuliusWong

28 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

... Kind of reminding us of AirAsia's early days with their banged up B733 they pulled out from Mojave desert. LOL! ...

I remember once in those very early days, when our early evening BKI-BKK flight was 'rescheduled' (ie. delayed), they brought in one of their catering carts into (the now abandoned) holding lounge at BKI T2 and dished out Maggi cup noodles plus hot water for those who were in need of 'nourishment' - I was immensely impressed 😃

I comparison nowadays ..... 

15 hours ago, flee said:

Yes, good to have competition - remember how the MH/SQ pot of gold was so zealously protected that AK could hardly get a sniff for so many years!

True but for regular travellers I personally found life more difficult after the shuttle stopped owing to the loss of flexibility and the increase in prices at peak times. 

3 minutes ago, Robert said:

True but for regular travellers I personally found life more difficult after the shuttle stopped owing to the loss of flexibility and the increase in prices at peak times. 

Not sure how the old program worked last time, but the current one is pretty decent too,

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/th/th/news-article/2019/malaysia-airlines-new-shuttle-fares.html

sg-en-mhshuttle-mh-fy-update-758x940.jpg

image.png

11 hours ago, BC Tam said:

I remember once in those very early days, when our early evening BKI-BKK flight was 'rescheduled' (ie. delayed), they brought in one of their catering carts into (the now abandoned) holding lounge at BKI T2 and dished out Maggi cup noodles plus hot water for those who were in need of 'nourishment' - I was immensely impressed 😃

I comparison nowadays ..... 

LOL. That's something amazing compared to the now nick-and-dime everything AK does now. They should do so again and charge RM15 per cup noodles dished out. Haha!

2 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Not sure how the old program worked last time, but the current one is pretty decent too,

https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/th/th/news-article/2019/malaysia-airlines-new-shuttle-fares.html

sg-en-mhshuttle-mh-fy-update-758x940.jpg

image.png

From memory its was like this:

The flight schedule was fairly static, and flights were operated by alternate airlines

Confirmed Reservations

• For SQ/MH you could buy a confirmed ticket which was usually fixed price and the same or similar for each airline
  • Business was sold as First, so improved lounge access and easier accrual on some FFP programs EG VS (Virgin) when flying SQ
  • The schedule and prices were published on a small 2 fold business card size document which was easy to carry in your wallet
  • The day AK etc started operating this route this stopped and fares increased for many and flexibility decreased

Shuttle

• Around 20% of the flight capacity was reserved for economy shuttle passengers.
  • Tickets were a fixed price, valid on all shuttle flights, nameless and valid for 12 months
  • These were sold from a desk at the shuttle check in area
  • The check in area operated a numbering system you had to show a ticket to get a number and take a seat (there were many seats)
  • When the preceding flight closed the numbers would start to be called up to the 20% (approx) for shuttle passengers
  • The check in agent would check out number, passport and ask your write your name on the ticket
  • As the flight was nearing closure empty space would be filled up with the final space given up owing to now shows
  • Back then most flights were operated by MH A330’s or SQ 777’s
  • The only tricky bit would at peak periods and PH’s when there could be 150+ people waiting so a work around would be rush to main ticket desks and by a confirmed Y or F ticket.
  • It was quite buzz to get the last seat on the plane
  • I used to buy several shuttle tickets at a time to save queueing up each week

Other

• On the way home from Changi on a Friday night if things were too busy a trick I would use would be to rush over to T1 and pick up a confirmed JAL ticket to KL which was fixed price as part of the 5th freedom rights, even J class wasn’t too bad 
  • JAL at KLIA was a pain because the office on L4 wasn't always manned

18 hours ago, Robert said:

The flight schedule was fairly static, and flights were operated by alternate airlines

Shuttle

• Around 20% of the flight capacity was reserved for economy shuttle passengers.
  • Tickets were a fixed price, valid on all shuttle flights, nameless and valid for 12 months
  • The check in area operated a numbering system you had to show a ticket to get a number and take a seat (there were many seats)
  • When the preceding flight closed the numbers would start to be called up to the 20% (approx) for shuttle passengers
  • The check in agent would check out number, passport and ask your write your name on the ticket
  • As the flight was nearing closure empty space would be filled up with the final space given up owing to now shows
  • The only tricky bit would at peak periods and PH’s when there could be 150+ people waiting so a work around would be rush to main ticket desks and by a confirmed Y or F ticket.

Other

• On the way home from Changi on a Friday night if things were too busy a trick I would use would be to rush over to T1 and pick up a confirmed JAL ticket to KL which was fixed price as part of the 5th freedom rights, even J class wasn’t too bad 

You have an amazing memory. I remember that's how the KUL-SIN shuttle worked for the most part. Except I also remember flying SQ's A310 and I think it was MH A300s at that time. SQ even flew their 747 (Big and Megatops) along with their 343 into KUL back then. The best part is if you ever flew their "First" class service back then, you are eligible to use the first class lounge and they also serve Dom/Krug on that short 30 minutes flight.

2 hours ago, Craig said:

You have an amazing memory. I remember that's how the KUL-SIN shuttle worked for the most part. Except I also remember flying SQ's A310 and I think it was MH A300s at that time. SQ even flew their 747 (Big and Megatops) along with their 343 into KUL back then. The best part is if you ever flew their "First" class service back then, you are eligible to use the first class lounge and they also serve Dom/Krug on that short 30 minutes flight.

I only started the regular commutes in 2006 so missed the 747's on the route. I used to be a VS FC Gold member. F in SQ with <2000 miles would get you 7 tier points with only 35 needed to re-qualify. With one way F tickets around ~RM600 and access to the SQ F lounge it was happy days.

They use rather old aircraft (although not as old as the AK B733s) - so they should not launch too many flights as their planes can easily go tech!

On 3/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, Robert said:

With one way F tickets around ~RM600 and access to the SQ F lounge it was happy days.

Was it only RM600? Because I recall even Y tickets were around Rm300-400 and SGD 200-300 the other way.

On 3/21/2023 at 2:00 PM, Craig said:

Was it only RM600? Because I recall even Y tickets were around Rm300-400 and SGD 200-300 the other way.

yes it was for a 1 way fare. I think a return ex KUL was about RM800. 
Sadly I don't have any records from 2006-2008 to be 100% precise

Edited by Robert

On 3/16/2023 at 1:56 PM, Robert said:

Confirmed Reservations

• For SQ/MH you could buy a confirmed ticket which was usually fixed price and the same or similar for each airline
  • Business was sold as First, so improved lounge access and easier accrual on some FFP programs EG VS (Virgin) when flying SQ
  • The schedule and prices were published on a small 2 fold business card size document which was easy to carry in your wallet
  • The day AK etc started operating this route this stopped and fares increased for many and flexibility decreased

Shuttle

Other

Thank you for sharing your experience and how it works last time. Certainly it was an interesting time I would love to experience.

New allocations (March 2023 release):

1. BKI-MYY v.v. / 14x weekly    MYAirline    Mar-23
  2. BKI-TWU v.v. / 14x weekly    MYAirline    Mar-23
  3. KUL-BKI v.v. / +7x weekly    MYAirline    Mar-23
  4. KUL-KCH v.v. / +7x weekly    MYAirline    Apr-23
  5. KCH-SBW v.v. / 7x weekly    MYAirline    Apr-23
Edited by JuliusWong

Malaysia's MYAirline eyes IPO, leases another 17 aircraft

MYAirline (Z9, Kuala Lumpur International) has signed a lease deal for 17 additional aircraft and plans to list on the Malaysian stock exchange within three years, CEO Rayner Teo told Malaysia's Bernama news agency last week.

Teo says the low-cost carrier is flying five A320-200s with a sixth aircraft delayed. He has confirmed a deal to lease an additional seventeen A320-200s although did not provide further details of the transaction. ch-aviation has contacted MYAirline for further details regarding the leases.

“We are basically in narrow-body operations on the basis of a low-cost carrier, while focusing on short hauls," Teo said. "We are keeping to a range of four hours for the narrow-body, and we also keep to the single family type aircraft."

MYAirline launched in early December 2022 with three A320-200s and flights to Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, and Langkawi from its Kuala Lumpur hub. Its network has since grown to include Kota Bharu, Penang, Miri, Sibu, and Tawau. "Despite being only three months into our operations, we have been seeing very encouraging demand with an average of over 90% passenger load for all flights," Teo said. Scoping work for flights to Sandakan and Bintulu has also commenced and the CEO says planning for flights to neighbouring countries, namely Indonesia, Viet Nam, Thailand, and Singapore, is well underway. "We are engaging with the relevant regulators in these countries to get the flights up as soon as we can."

Teo says passenger demand for flights is strong and exceeds his available capacity. He says the decision to launch the start up during Covid-19 is paying off. The carrier was able to access inexpensive aircraft and time their launch to coincide with the demand rebound. He is now positioning to list MYAirline on the Bursa Malaysia within three years. “As any company with shareholders, there are plans to list the company, and we will try to list on Bursa as soon as we have the capabilities in three years,” he said.

Source: ch-aviation.com/portal/news/126375-malaysias-myairline-eyes-ipo-leases-another-17-aircraft

MYAirlines takes its battle with AirAsia to Bangkok with first international route launching.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "MYAirline BANGKOK* FOR MYR 0 +99 MYAIRLINE ALL-IN FARE ONE WAY FLIGHT SEAT FROM MYR Fly from KLIA Terminal Suvarnabhumi International Airport Don Mueang International Airport 14x Weekly BOOK NOW Travel Period: 28 Jun 28 Oct 2023 *T&C Apply Kuala Lumpur Suvanarbhumi International Airport: Flight starts 28 June 2023 Kuala Lumpur Don Mueang International Airport: Flight starts July 2023"

Facing new competitor in the market, AirAsia has dropped its BKK airfare drastically to match with MYAirlines's promotion.

May be an image of text

In addition, AirAsia X will also take over some of AirAsia's daily flight to BKK/DMK, subject to government approval. 

May be an illustration of 1 person and text that says "22:49 N Bangkok Su... → Kuala Lumpur 08 Jun, 23 Adults Edit 7,Jun MYR 373 8, Jun MYR 172 9,Jun MYR 172 10 MY Departing flights Economy Depart: AirAsia X light is subject to obtaining government approval Non-stop BKK KUL 7kg per guest MYR 366.00 for guests Select Just like bu only for les Sort & Filter flatbed"

Yeah, the AK and FD fares were around RM 600 return for much of this year. Now, they have to reduce...

I'm quite surprised to hear Z9 will be flying both to DMK and BKK for this route. Any reasons why they choose both airport instead of one?

Sign in to follow this