MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
JuliusWong

Malaysia to see entry of new ultra low-cost carrier MYAirline

According to skyliner-aviation.de, it seems MYAirlines has inducted another A320ceo into its fleet with new registration 9M-DAB. However, the MSN is unknown for now. It could be either one of AK Group's A320ceo or those random A320ceo currently undergoing MRO at SAE. Possibly skyliner may have misreported as well.

Now, we have:

1. 9M-DAC, ex- Frontier Airlines N220FR, with winglet, 9 years old
  2. 9M-DAG, ex-Thai AirAsia HS-ABH, without winglet, 12 years old
  3. 9M-DAH , ex-Thai AirAsia HS-ABL, without winglet, 12 years old

9M-DAA is assigned to Global Upline Eurocopter 120B Colibri. Need to skip this registration I guess.

IATA assigned code: Z9 (used to be assigned to Kazakh airline Bek Air, folded in 2021 due to the airline's failure to correct safety violations as a result of Bek Air Flight 2100 crash).  I wonder why they didn't request for "MY" instead since it is no longer in use. Previously, it was used by Egypt's Midwest and Maxjet, both have folded some time ago!

Edited by JuliusWong

According to skyliner-aviation.de website, MYAirlines will induct another A320ceo, its fifth. Ex-Air Berlin D-ABDK and easyJet Europe OE-IZV. 16 years old.

A320-214  MSN 2968          9M-DAJ     My Airline     ferried 31oct22 EMA-QLA, OE-reg after paint prior delivery     ex OE-IZV

Photo Upload: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10747535, currently at East Midlands Airport - EGNX.

15078_1667137419.jpg

8 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

According to skyliner-aviation.de website, MYAirlines will induct another A320ceo, its fifth. Ex-Air Berlin D-ABDK and easyJet Europe OE-IZV. 16 years old.

A320-214  MSN 2968          9M-DAJ     My Airline     ferried 31oct22 EMA-QLA, OE-reg after paint prior delivery     ex OE-IZV

Photo Upload: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10747535, currently at East Midlands Airport - EGNX.

15078_1667137419.jpg

Visually identified 5 aircrafts near Sepang engineering 3 weeks ago. This one should be aircraft no.6.

IMG_20221014_115934__01__01.jpg

21 hours ago, jahur said:

Visually identified 5 aircrafts near Sepang engineering 3 weeks ago. This one should be aircraft no.6.

IMG_20221014_115934__01__01.jpg

Thank you Jahur for the update. You may be correct, these could be some of ex-Scoot or AirAsia Group A320ceo which have been parked up at SAE for some time waiting for MRO slots or new owners. Saw two Scoot when I flew into KUL two days ago. Could not find any data which ex-AirAsia Group A320ceo is going to Z9.

15 hours ago, BC Tam said:

Is the whole Air Asia fleet about to get a new lick of paint ?

Only those nearing C or D check will get it I think. AirAsia Group barely finished painting their fleet in their previous "airasia.com" livery before COVID hits. Their priority now is to activate all those dormant aircraft and bring them back to service. FD are sending theirs to CGK/CRK for check. AK is sending theirs to NADI as well. There are still bunch of dormant A320ceo/neo at the old LCCT and in front of cargo complex at KLIA, waiting for reactivation.

Managed to discover its "fifth" A320ceo. ex-AirAsia 9M-AHU, AirAsia India VT-BLR, was to be registered as 9M-RCE  https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/9mrce/?hl=en

1. 9M-DAC  MSN 5661 ex- Frontier Airlines N220FR, with winglet, 9 years old
  2. 9M-DAG MSN 4088 ex-Thai AirAsia HS-ABH, without winglet, 12 years old
  3. 9M-DAH MSN 4126 ex-Thai AirAsia HS-ABL, without winglet, 12 years old
  4. 9M-DAJ MSN 2968 ex-Easyjet Europe OE-IZV and airberlin D-ABDK, without winglet, 16 years old
  5. 9M-???  MSN 4070 ex-AirAsia 9M-AHU & 9M-RCE ntu, AirAsia India VT-BLR, without winglet, 13 years old

16 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Managed to discover its "fifth" A320ceo. ex-AirAsia 9M-AHU, AirAsia India VT-BLR, was to be registered as 9M-RCE  https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/9mrce/?hl=en

1. 9M-DAC  MSN 5661 ex- Frontier Airlines N220FR, with winglet, 9 years old
  2. 9M-DAG MSN 4088 ex-Thai AirAsia HS-ABH, without winglet, 12 years old
  3. 9M-DAH MSN 4126 ex-Thai AirAsia HS-ABL, without winglet, 12 years old
  4. 9M-DAJ MSN 2968 ex-Easyjet Europe OE-IZV and airberlin D-ABDK, without winglet, 16 years old
  5. 9M-???  MSN 4070 ex-AirAsia 9M-AHU & 9M-RCE ntu, AirAsia India VT-BLR, without winglet, 13 years old

The 6th A320, 9M-??? MSN 4013 ex-Easyjet Europe OE-IZU https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/airbus-a320-200-oe-izu-easyjet-europe/e24yq4

On 11/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, Zamir said:

The 6th A320, 9M-??? MSN 4013 ex-Easyjet Europe OE-IZU https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/airbus-a320-200-oe-izu-easyjet-europe/e24yq4

Thank you for the update.

1. 9M-DAC  MSN 5661 ex- Frontier Airlines N220FR, with winglet, 9 years old
  2. 9M-DAG MSN 4088 ex-Thai AirAsia HS-ABH, without winglet, 12 years old
  3. 9M-DAH MSN 4126 ex-Thai AirAsia HS-ABL, without winglet, 12 years old
  5. 9M-???  MSN 4013 ex-Easyjet Europe OE-IZU and airberlin D-ABDY, without winglet, 13 years old
  6. 9M-???  MSN 4070 ex-AirAsia 9M-AHU & 9M-RCE ntu, AirAsia India VT-BLR, without winglet, 13 years old

May be an image of aeroplane and outdoors

9M-RCE/ 9M-D?? seems to spot inverted livery. Credit to Wan Putra Aziz at Facebook

1 hour ago, JuliusWong said:

5. 9M-???  MSN 4013 ex-Easyjet Europe OE-IZU and airberlin D-ABDY, without winglet, 13 years old
  6. 9M-???  MSN 4070 ex-AirAsia 9M-AHU & 9M-RCE ntu, AirAsia India VT-BLR, without winglet, 13 years old

9M-RCE/ 9M-D?? seems to spot inverted livery. Credit to Wan Putra Aziz at Facebook

This livery seems better to distance itself from the closest competitor. But (IMO) it will be way better if the logo on the tail and "MyAirline.my'' title to be on different color such as Black.

1 hour ago, JuliusWong said:

Is this their 2nd livery? So the airline will have 2 liveries with same pattern only switching the red and gray colour.

3 hours ago, Adam Lawrence said:

This livery seems better to distance itself from the closest competitor. But (IMO) it will be way better if the logo on the tail and "MyAirline.my'' title to be on different color such as Black.

I agree with you on the first part. They should have chosen other colours, than red itself as the red colour is synonymous with AirAsia Group. It will be hard for general public especially mak cik and pak cik to differentiate between them. And their uniform is horrible, IMO. 

The biggest distraction for me is the name! Very difficult to google.......*smack head* and which professionally run airline will park its domain in ".my"???

Edited by JuliusWong

3 hours ago, Zamir said:

Is this their 2nd livery? So the airline will have 2 liveries with same pattern only switching the red and gray colour.

Sort of second livery, just an inverted version of their red livery. Like what AirAsia does with the all white body with read "airasia.com" livery, although I think AirAsia's is a temporary livery until the airframe gets a new coat of paint after next D check or reassign to other affiliates or sold off/ return to lessor.

9M-RCH - Airbus A320-216 - AirAsia

Edited by JuliusWong

13 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

I agree with you on the first part. They should have chosen other colours, than red itself as the red colour is synonymous with AirAsia Group. It will be hard for general public especially mak cik and pak cik to differentiate between them. And their uniform is horrible, IMO. 

The biggest distraction for me is the name! Very difficult to google.......*smack head* and which professionally run airline will park its domain in ".my"???

Maybe that's why they went with the grey tail for the first livery to distinct themselves with AirAsia planes ?,  but since the body itself is mostly red make it hard to differentiate themselves from AirAsia planes which than they may decide to grey the body instead. 

Edited by Zamir

This airline reminds me of the old LCC days where airlines use old (cheap to lease) planes when they start up. I think these A320s should be in better condition than AK's old B733s of their early days. 

I think using red isn't such a bad idea as pax don't really know the difference as long as the ticket price is cheap!

Yes, a .my domain isn't the smartest thing for search engines - but I think it is not as bad these days due to the explosion of social media. 

2 hours ago, flee said:

This airline reminds me of the old LCC days where airlines use old (cheap to lease) planes when they start up. I think these A320s should be in better condition than AK's old B733s of their early days. 

I think using red isn't such a bad idea as pax don't really know the difference as long as the ticket price is cheap!

Yes, a .my domain isn't the smartest thing for search engines - but I think it is not as bad these days due to the explosion of social media. 

Yes, they are gaining attention from social media platform especially TikTok. What's great about their marketing team is the frequent updates they did regarding their progress. But also this set a high expectation for them as they are competing with AirAsia and the future customers are hoping MYAirline will give a better service than AirAsia.

Edited by Zamir

MYAirline Lists Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, And Langkawi As First Destinations

1. Initial destinations: Langkawi, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu with fleet of three A320ceo.
  2. Ticket open for sale somewhere this month, though it has yet to provide the exact date. 
  3. Aims to increase its fleet to 50 planes in the next five years.

https://www.lowyat.net/2022/289247/myairline-lists-kota-kinabalu-kuching-and-langkawi-as-first-destinations/

Managed to snatch some bargain inaugural flight KUL-KCH on December 1, 2022.

The website crashed for most part of the night. Reminds you of early AirAsia days. Omg! Lol......

The rest of the ancillary charges as attached photo. No credit card charges though for now. And if your name is too long, just put first two names enough, there is character limit in the payment gateway for "Name on Credit Card" column

Screenshot_2022-11-26-01-24-48-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-26-01-24-57-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-26-03-14-52-64_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Sign in to follow this