MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
jahur

BKI 2021

Well its already in September 2021. Thought this thread is long overdue. Some spotting i did this couple of weeks.

6Iv4pXu.jpg

arNuqDK.jpg

cgnuiN3.jpg

RMbfBkw.jpg

yyyNaQp.jpg

z8FsJhI.jpg

sJDTHhF.jpg sJDTHhF.jpg sJDTHhF.jpg sJDTHhF.jpg sJDTHhF.jpg sJDTHhF.jpg

xX9vGUo.jpg

Edited by jahur
addition of missing photo

finally , hunting season has begun :)))

Edited by Hakan

Past few weeks. Traffic frequency for the 737 a320 is gradually picking up. Widebody p2cargo charters days might be numbered.

6rsuQBj.jpg

7AGXLTE.jpg

zEvvgsE.jpg

6L2qdY2.jpg

91RxtAO.jpg

44IsGBu.jpg

RwqxFbP.jpg

Lv5jFOl.jpg

Had the opportunity to get upclose with the Antonov 124 days ago. This is probably the first time i've seen this(Except in KLIA) along with the IL-76 in Kota Kinabalu. That leaves the AN-12 and AN-22 not yet spotted. Probably the only time i thought about having wide angle lens as this plane refuses to fit itself into a kit lens. 😂

HEDRHr3.jpg

ZhnYPNK.jpg

B7fc0fh.jpg

KQn6Un4.jpg

Crew arriving ahead of schedule. With Volga Dnepr everything is DIY. Pushback tow bar, traffic cones, Wheel Chokes, Loads of spare tyres are brought in by them.

TKQr1Xh.jpg

cT1QSVS.jpg

Once it has been decided no pushback is required the Tow stick is stored back into the cargo hold.

uj8pwPY.jpg

Aircraft did a 360 turn without pushback required photos here onwards are all video screenshots from my camera.

suViCNs.jpg

VJN818y.jpg

sNnTxSC.jpg

7PqXIWZ.jpg

Qj8U9Na.jpg

With adverse weather coming in Atc had to prioritize arrival traffic first. So the aircraft took off behind schedule. As you would expect it even brough on a large crowd from the surrounding GA hangars and even avsec at the opposite end of the runway came out to spot its departure 😂 Another note if this plane was loaded it would've rotated right infront of Terminal 2 even with full Runway length in use for departure. But since it was empty with only fuel it rotated very early as expected.

vsUzieg.jpg

JKGEU5O.jpg

6tIF83Z.jpg
Early left turn to avoid weather.

u0Y6trb.jpg
Bon Voyage.

Edited by jahur

Looks like BKI runway not going be of much use this afternoon. Just saw 2 A320s, a B738 and a B733 return to terminal after spending time waiting at end of runway (Tg Aru end) 😀

1 hour ago, BC Tam said:

Looks like BKI runway not going be of much use this afternoon. Just saw 2 A320s, a B738 and a B733 return to terminal after spending time waiting at end of runway (Tg Aru end) 😀

Yes pothole reported by atc. Lol. It has been raining consistently everyday for more than 2 weeks in the evening period. I know cause everytime i try to go out for a jog for the evening it bloody rains.

Edited by jahur

ewFrjiO.jpg

9M-AJY still circling up there, but it would seem 9M-MLS had had enough and making her way to MYY (?) to wait it out

Edited by BC Tam

8 minutes ago, jahur said:

Yes pothole reported by atc.

Yeah, saw a couple of people sweeping up that part of the runway nearby the right angle turn at Jln Selangor

Felt sorry for people in 9M-MSB having been waiting (at least 20 minutes or so) at end of runway 30 only to have to backtrack along runway to return to terminal, together with 9M-RAR close behind

Tough to understand logic why 9M-AQB was pushed back and made her way towards runway 30, even as 9M-MSB and 9M-RAR were already on their way back to terminal.  Yes, she too had to make her way back after a while 😄

I guess it will take quite a while to clear all the accumulated congestion - have to wait till the rain stop before they can even start repairing the damaged runway at least (it's still pouring out there as I click away .....) 🙂

2 minutes ago, BC Tam said:

I guess it will take quite a while to clear all the accumulated congestion - have to wait till the rain stop before they can even start repairing the damaged runway at least (it's still pouring out there as I click away .....) 🙂

Looks like runway has just been reopened weather is also clearing up.

Hi all,

Recently realised that a young lady is attempting to break the Guinness world record as the youngest female solo aviator to circumnavigate the world. As of writing, she is now in BKI ahead of schedule to avoid Super Typhoon Rai. She is scheduled to depart for Jakarta later today.

More info: FlyZolo – Youngest Woman Solo

9M-VVA just aborted an approach into BKI runway 20 - wonder what happened ?

Very late too, I think just about over the Grace Ville area

Cannot make out what is happening

Instead of going round for another attempt, she has gone off so far as being 38k ft over MYY, and still heading south west 😦

Looks like she is being diverted to KCH, descending now

FR24 has 9M-VVA (AK5108) arrival at BKI as "Delayed 7:14PM" - she need to do time travel to get back here in quarter of an hour 😀

On 6/29/2022 at 12:20 PM, BC Tam said:

Looks like Air Busan's HL8366 (A321N) gone inop at BKI ?

Yeap flew back on the evening the following day.

So far for 2022 foreign carriers in bki, scoot, royal brunei, jin air, air busan and recently jeju air have re-establish flights. Not sure if Air Seoul or Eastar jet will resume anytime soon. In the future with result of Korean Air and Asiana merging we would see Air Busan and Air Seoul consolidated into Jin Air, leaving it as the only main LCC operator along with Jeju air and Eastar. Another interested carrier is Tway

Now waiting is whether PAL would launch its q400 flight into BKI along with Starlux. China carriers via its foreign ministry visit have informed state tourism that they would not return until 2023 Q3 earliest.

9 hours ago, jahur said:

Now waiting is whether PAL would launch its q400 flight into BKI along with Starlux. China carriers via its foreign ministry visit have informed state tourism that they would not return until 2023 Q3 earliest.

Any reliable source regarding Starlux?

On 7/1/2022 at 8:05 PM, Alif A. F. said:

Any reliable source regarding Starlux?

It was highlighted as a potential destinations during mid 2020 on their townhall along with Johor and Kuching for a launch in late 2021. However with the pandemic a lot has change.

After sooooooooo many years did not post anything 😁. Hi I’m nubie please guide me ☺️. While waiting my flight to KUL with that Batik Air.

6F5FE267-FA86-48D9-ACA3-246B4588A44F.jpeg

9A13C3D3-3795-4EF9-A937-BCA49F942CB8.jpeg

Sign in to follow this