MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
JuliusWong

MAHB in final stage of assessing RM400mil aerotrain bids

KUALA LUMPUR: The tender to replace Kuala Lumpur International Airport's ageing aerotrains, estimated at RM400 million, is at the final stage of evaluation process.

Malaysia Airport Holdings Bhd said it had identified a final shortlist of bidders for KLIA's Automated People Mover (APM) tender after completing the technical evaluation stage.

The shortlisted bidders are now being assessed on their commercial offers.

The tender was expected to be concluded over the next two months, MAHB said in a statement.

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2021/08/722373/mahb-final-stage-assessing-rm400mil-aerotrain-bids?fbclid=IwAR30EHTjQHKPvher7Zaxm3jfoxb2Y003UIY5qj9_5wRYy0yG8jKAXDloS_o

Let's hope they can utilise current pandemic to upgrade the service at soonest and we can put those bad episodes of train breakdown behind for good. Good time to start few new shell-companies to receive gomen project. Any bidders?

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Damn long wait. Same with our LCA batch 1. Nearly 2 years to study and 1 year for tender. Other countries like indonesia and Philippines the tender process can be as quick as 3months and study is only less than a year. I recall our aerotrain replacement project has already been discussed since 2017. I hope they dont say they studied it for 5 years and just say financial/funding issue Lol 

We seriously need to overhaul how we procure stuff cause they just drag too long or we will be left out. 

Edited by jahur

On 11/26/2022 at 11:30 AM, jahur said:

Damn long wait. Same with our LCA batch 1. Nearly 2 years to study and 1 year for tender. Other countries like indonesia and Philippines the tender process can be as quick as 3months and study is only less than a year. I recall our aerotrain replacement project has already been discussed since 2017. I hope they dont say they studied it for 5 years and just say financial/funding issue Lol 

We seriously need to overhaul how we procure stuff cause they just drag too long or we will be left out. 

Well, with the recent mind-blowing newly set-up company getting national defense contract, with doubtful credentials and experience that is, this two-to-five years timeline should be in line to hoodwink the public a two-to five-years old company "should" and "must" be able to handle a big project. Need to set up a new company to grease the process, earn commission and after sales service (if it ever exist). Malaysia Boleh!

The worlds longest waiting period for an aerotrain to be repaired, fixed and replaced if need be and yet MAHB is showing annual profits without spending! Oh what a wait!!! 🤐

No surprises here - thats the way it is in Malaysia. Lets hope that the new Minister of Transport will kick ass.

On 12/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, flee said:

No surprises here - thats the way it is in Malaysia. Lets hope that the new Minister of Transport will kick ass.

🤐

Sign in to follow this