MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Raj

Auckland Spotting...13.05.06

Hey guys..Some shots to share while i was at AKL for an Hour..Tried out spotting at a Different Location..SV, this is the place that i was talking abt..Enjoy..

Sorry for some shots as the Fence was in the way..Really Sorry..

Started the Day at The Usuall Scenice Lookout..

EK greeted us..For u Imran..Very Grey Day..

IPB Image

EK Powering up for Take Off..

IPB Image

Then Made a Move to a Closer Spot..First Time taking shots from this Place..Also very Close to Airport Security Driving by.. :(

Nose Shot for Azahan..ANZ 737..

IPB Image

Anz 767..ZK-NCG..Taxying out for Departure..

IPB Image

Tail Shot..

IPB Image

ZK-NCG Powering Up..Water gets Kicked up by those Powerfull Engines..

IPB Image

Catch of the Day was This Australian Airlines..Might have benn flying in for a Qantas Flight..Darn fence :angry:

IPB Image

Another Nose Shot for Azahan..A320..

IPB Image

Anz A320..taxying out for Departure..Bloody fence.. :angry:

IPB Image

Different View and Angle..

IPB Image

Take-off Time..Really Like this Shot..With the Sun Setting..time was 4:25p.m...Look how dark it was. :blink:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Little prop..But quite Loud..Origin Pacific Blue..

IPB Image

Beechcraft Joining the Que for Take-off..

IPB Image

Went Back to Scenic Lookout Area and got these 2..

QF 767..

IPB Image

Anz 737..ZK-NGO..

IPB Image

Last shot of the Day..Anz 747 in for Maintainance..

IPB Image

Is this the spotting spot you are talking about raj?

Australian 763 is definitely a rarity in NZ. Glad you caught her before she gets repainted back into QF standard livery or Jetstar international. It is one of the best livery around.

Did you have problem with AVSec? My friend S Chang was saying that he used to run into problems with AVsec by being too close to the perimeter fence.

Hey SV, yea that was The Spot..Awesome Place..Will show u when we go spotting togather..

Was Lucky to get that Austrlian..Why are they being Painted to QF colours??Australina Airlines Closing Down??

Sorry got No Idea what AVsec is..Explain a Lil bit more plz..

Well i was stupid when i took some close up shots..I used the wrong settings..I Shud have use Close Up as i was around 70 cm away from the Plane..So sum cloase up's were really blurry and Unclear..

Edited by raj

Hey SV, yea that was The Spot..Awesome Place..Will show u when we go spotting togather..

Was Lucky to get that Austrlian..Why are they being Painted to QF colours??Australina Airlines Closing Down??

Well i was stupid when i took some close up shots..I used the wrong settings..I Shud have use Close Up as i was around 70 cm away from the Plane..So sum cloase up's were really blurry and Unclear..

Raj...

QF now more order A330 to replace its B767

Also...AO will closed down and some route will take over from Jet Star

Raj...

QF now more order A330 to replace its B767

Also...AO will closed down and some route will take over from Jet Star

Hey Aaron, Thanks for the News..Are they doing badly or is it for their own good..?

I saw an Atlas Air 744 at AKL on Sat..Only 1..No pic tho..

Edited by raj

How about after 20 June? Semester 1 at University is ending soon, so lots of due dates and deadlines looming in.... :( :( :(

AVsec is short form for Aviation security. They will release their German shephard (dogs) if you get to close to the fence. Make sure you don't get nailed down by them :p

AO is going soon.....to be replaced by Jetstar International. I am pretty sure that AO flight is covering for a QF flight. Yup Aaron is correct, the A330 and 787 will be replacing the 767s. QF sends their A330s to HKG since late last year

Wah...,

nice pic raj.. Boeing 767... hope to see more from you..

-cheers-

Thanks kelvin and Meor..Glas to share Them...

SV, Yea gotta be Carefull..But as Long as you don't do anythin Stupid Should be fine..Worst thing that could happen is they will just tell u to go to the Scenic lookout..After all we are just taking pics of planes and watching themm

20th June is Tuesday..School day..Till when are u Free??

How abt the 24th (sat) or 25th ( sun) of June???

isnt 70 cm a little bit too close? :blink:

isnt 70 cm a little bit too close? :blink:

Ok yea I Just Realised..U Retard..Well that's What My Cam says..Lol..

How does 200-400cm away sound like??

Yes... 70cm a bit too close... that one call for macro shots

200cm-400cm... hmmm... about 3 arms length...

still "close" in aviation photography :D

Anyway... nice shots Raj.. if not for the fence

(fence and light poles are spotters main enemies... :huh: )

I see winter is knocking on the door eh!?

I see winter is knocking on the door eh!?

Winter is already sitting at the lounge.... making him/herself comfortable, while leaving us freezing cold.... Daily average around 14 degrees now (highest). Worst if you go to Dunedin, below 10 degrees celcius. But having said that the worst is still yet to come!! We will have the shortest day on 21 June. Arggghhh... :(

Raj, 24 & 25th June should be okay!

Nice raj, love the EK landing, look the front a lil bit slanted down. :)

ANZ hangar looks quite old eh? :huh:

The NZ767 take-off look very sexy!!!! :drinks:

Anyhow, glad to see international airport get prop service still :crazy:

Daily average around 14 degrees now (highest). Worst if you go to Dunedin, below 10 degrees celcius.

Baaaahhhhhhh, that's average summer-like temps in the Netherlands :p :p :p

Honestly, wintertime temps here are on average between -5 to +5 Celsius not even considering the windchill factor :o , so your temps are still considered to be 'mild' :sorry:

Raj,

be careful of those Avsec. Some of them are okay some of them are nasty. i only been close to the fence twice. once got chased out because me and 2 other friends were spotted by the AirNZ staff in the building. the other time i just stay in the car until there's a plane coming, then have the correct setting, get out, lens near the broken fence hole, shoot it, run back to car. Cameras are there, and there are people constantly monitoring them all. Just understand them, coz they have a job to do, so they cant afford to think that people with cameras are not possible threats. Anyway just don't let them blacklist you. Otherwise u'll be having lots of attention when u come back to Malaysia :)

by the way, gd shots, keep it up, u're getting better.

Edited by S Chang

Thanks Norman..Ok a lil bit unsure abt the distance.. :lol:

Yup fences and Poles Main Enemies..

Yup, Winter Has Arrived..

SV, Ok will let u know a week before..

Sv why shortest day on the 21st???

Thanks Seth..Not too Old But Small..Can accomodate 1 747, 1 777 and 1 767 at Once..

Auckland is Full or Props..If i'm Pretty sure in one day (24 Hours) at Least close to 50 or even MoreProps will crop by and Take-off.. :o

Pieter, In Auckland it won't drop to Low..Just last Night it was 8-9 degrees..

Further down South it goes Below 0 and around 0..Ricky would have Experienced the Cold..But the Winds will just Freeze u..Very Strong and Cold..

Got that in mind now S Chang..

Sv why shortest day on the 21st???

Winter solstice 21st June - Shortest daytime with longest night

Summer solstice 21st Dec - Longest daytime with shortest night

Equinox 21 Mar and 21 Sep - Day and night in equal length

Raj, you would have noticed that in winter the day tends to get dark pretty early and the sun refuse to rise in the morning until about 7-8am?

Perhaps, you could do some research if you are into planetary science? I used to go to the local library when I was in Wellington to get all the books I could about our planet during my teenage years.

Winter solstice - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice

Summer solstice - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_solstice

Equinox - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox

Remember, the northern hemisphere's winter and summer solstice is the opposite of the Southern hemisphere.

Baaaahhhhhhh, that's average summer-like temps in the Netherlands tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Honestly, wintertime temps here are on average between -5 to +5 Celsius not even considering the windchill factor ohmy.gif , so your temps are still considered to be 'mild' sorry.gif

Hmm, Pieter, we are only touching winter now. It is end of autumn now :) IN NZ, coldest temperature is about 4 degrees for Auckland. Auckland is the warmer part of NZ really being really up north. But anyway, NZ is temperature is fair mild and is oceanic (not too hot during summer and not too cold during winter), rather than continental (extreme hot during summer and extremely cold during winter). Wind chill factor in Wellington is pretty severe and you get some strong winds thus making landing a bit exciting whenever landing at WLG :)

I went to Qingdao, China last year during winter, it started snowing at night and we went out...... It was so bloody cold, the coldness I have never experience in NZ and it was -6 degree! I didn't have ear-muff and fortunately I carried my beanie with me. You can skate on the lake as water is already frozen. Bloody frose my butt off!!!

Hey Aaron, Thanks for the News..Are they doing badly or is it for their own good..?

I saw an Atlas Air 744 at AKL on Sat..Only 1..No pic tho..

Ummmmm...Seems AO brand not so famous compare with JetStar...

Thanks SV, Yea Sun comes out around 7++ and Goes down by 5++..

SV, want to just let u know..Nearly everyday there is an Australian Aircraft at AKL..Been observing for the Past Week..When i was at the Airport yesterday at 5am, saw one parked at The Ramp Side..And the Gates were filled with QF until ZK-OKA arrived from San Francisso..

Aaron, Yea Jetstar more Famour now..Got in Australia, New Zealand, SIngapore.. :D

I'm sure there are more Destinations..

SV, want to just let u know..Nearly everyday there is an Australian Aircraft at AKL..Been observing for the Past Week..When i was at the Airport yesterday at 5am, saw one parked at The Ramp Side..And the Gates were filled with QF until ZK-OKA arrived from San Francisso..

which a/c is that raj?

Sign in to follow this