MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

First silvery body CX Cargo

quiet nice but very odd

"silver bullet", are they many wearwolves in HK :p :p .

Azuddin

"silver bullet", are they many wearwolves in HK :p :p .

Azuddin

Mind my poor english

May I ask what is wearwolves?

wooaaa....I think they should change the tail to silvery paint too...

I think so, also the Engines and the nose are still with the CX color.

I think he means "werewolves"...you know..a guy/gal saw full moon and suddenly they change into a biggg wolf..I think I saw it in movie "Underworld"

Edited by Saiful Bahari

I think he means "werewolves"...you know..a guy/gal saw full moon and suddenly they change into a biggg wolf..I think I saw it in movie "Underworld"

yeah, thats the one, wrong spelling, my bad.

the solution for turning a werewolf back into human is by using a silver bullet. just a myth, don't take it serious.

if the want to use silver fuselage, i will be more agree if the use silver on all white part, by getting rid of all white paint.

Azuddin

However, I think CX has over consideration on those comman-usage components.

Therefore making this a/c look strange.

This is what it would look like if you breed American Airlines with Cathay Pacific. :lol:

This is what it would look like if you breed American Airlines with Cathay Pacific. :lol:

after all, they both in "One World" ;)

after all, they both in "One World" ;)

LOL and One World they are. Working under same group caused sparks. :p

Look a bit weird though :lol:

Edited by Adrian M

Save cost and reduce weight to carry more cargo.

JL did this, Air Canada try too!

Anyway, looks quite ugly :(

AA, JL, and now CX

all in Silver :p :p :p :p

Indeed...this CX nose looks weird...of these silver-bullets, I prefer the JL freighter the best (see my previous posted pictures)...

Indeed...this CX nose looks weird...of these silver-bullets, I prefer the JL freighter the best (see my previous posted pictures)...

i agree with you pieter.. i saw the JL Freighter on approach couple of weeks ago in the morning in lhr.. very nice plane indeed.. but dont think this cx looks as great as JL's...

Well I think it looks okay. Something different from the normal CX scheme. I don't think the JAL scheme is any better. Nevertheless it is a cost cutting measure.

Thanks for sharing Sneeze.

I'm gonna agree with SV..

I really Like the Livery..

Sumthing Different..

I would look great if this is a shiny new plane. But this? It made the plane look old and tired.

Agree, but what can livery on freight effect the company? :huh: And of course their popularity still the same, can carry more cargo, save cost etc. If they do this to pax plane, may effect them some...........it just an eyesore for some spotters out there :yahoo:

silver doesn't go well with green, just like air canada. silver does goes well with red, such as JAL and NWA. blue is good as well.

Azuddin

silver doesn't go well with green, just like air canada. silver does goes well with red, such as JAL and NWA. blue is good as well.

Yeah have to agree with that. Under silver, the dark green does not stand out as well as red or blue. Perhaps Cathay should have used white lines around the perimeter of the green in order to make it stand out. Just an idea anyway, it may not work :)

AA, JL, and now CX

all in Silver :p :p :p :p

Not forgetting AeroMexico (current), old Northwest livery and the defunct Flying Tigers ;)

Sneeze do you know if the all-white 744 at the background is one of the ex-SIA 747-412s acquired by CX?

Edited by S V Choong

Yeah have to agree with that. Under silver, the dark green does not stand out as well as red or blue. Perhaps Cathay should have used white lines around the perimeter of the green in order to make it stand out. Just an idea anyway, it may not work :)

Not forgetting AeroMexico (current), old Northwest livery and the defunct Flying Tigers ;)

Sneeze do you know if the all-white 744 at the background is one of the ex-SIA 747-412s acquired by CX?

Agree with that, i think Aeromexico has one of the best silver livery around.

Azuddin

i think Aeromexico has one of the best silver livery around.

Agree!!! :drinks: