MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

A380 for London

A380 for London

London Heathrow will receive the Airbus A380 for the first time on 18 May when the aircraft will undergo compatibility tests at the airport’s newly developed Pier 6 at Terminal 3. Pier 6 is a 280m (919ft), three-storey structure capable of handling up to four A380s simultaneously.

My dad due at Heatrow on 18 or 19 not sure thou, ask him already if he can spot and take some pixs, he care less :angry: -he has no camera along either, but try his best thou :drinks:

Well, plenty will come from the net :) Any MW at LHR ;)

my dad will be in LHR this 21st, not the perfect timing.

Azuddin

It's About time LHR got the A380..

Quite a few Airlines are going to fly their A380 there..

It's About time LHR got the A380..

Quite a few Airlines are going to fly their A380 there..

EK, SQ, VS and what will be the rest?

it could be an A380 hub if BA didn't cancel the A380 order. correct me about this, i do heard about BA did planning on orderin the A380 but cancel them.

Azuddin

with arrival almost at the same time for TG, SQ and MH at LHR in the early morning, we'll see 3 different liveries for A380 in the future at T3 LHR :D

Within today and 2 month's time, there should also be a 'surprise' visit of the Beast to Amsterdam-Schiphol airport...we'll just wait-n-see :pardon:

sounds like LHR will be a hub for A380s :D

LHR receives so many flights from all corners of the world in such frequencies, it is the ultimate 'hub' ! Lovely place

LHR receives so many flights from all corners of the world in such frequencies, it is the ultimate 'hub' ! Lovely place

yeah, LHR is like LAX which is consider as World Airport. almost all airline from all over the world coming in.

I think DXB will be the largest hub base of A380. :p

I think DXB will be the largest hub base of A380. :p

no doubt about that. EK will uses A380 for both Pax and cargo. if i'm not mistaken, EK order a total of 450 A380, am i right?

..... if i'm not mistaken, EK order a total of 450 A380, am i right?

Yes you're right, about being mistaken that is ! :D

Typo error I assume ! ;)

If LHR only can have pier 6 to handle 4 aircraft at a time then it will be again restrict to what time and which airline can fly in thier A380. should LHR increase their pier 6 to handle more A380.

it could be an A380 hub if BA didn't cancel the A380 order.

Well, BA never ordered the 380 so far. They are interested in the 77W. And also the 748i if i'm not mistaken.

no doubt about that. EK will uses A380 for both Pax and cargo. if i'm not mistaken, EK order a total of 450 A380, am i right?

I thouhgt EK convert their 2 cargo to pax :)

Any MW at LHR ;)

i m in london.. but im not a professional photographer + i m now in the middle of exams and assignments handling in period.. but i will be in berlin this tuesday to see the beast itself.. so i might take some photos using my digital camera.. :p

i m in london.. but im not a professional photographer + i m now in the middle of exams and assignments handling in period.. but i will be in berlin this tuesday to see the beast itself.. so i might take some photos using my digital camera.. :p

That will be much aprreciated :good: :yahoo: :drinks: :clapping: :) :D :pardon: