MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin Yii

National Geographic Channel's Air Crash Investigation

You mean MH653? Were you able to ascertain from the recording whether the pilots were shot prior to the use of the explosives, if any? Did a struggle happen in the cockpit?

Can tell much more, but at teh tarik only. Also heard the CVR for the F50 off runway excursion at TWU. Can talk about that too.......

This is from "Dead Weight":

acidwbi9.jpg

See anything out of place...?? :pardon: :pardon: :pardon:

Hmmm.... besides from there's an Error on your Opera browser (next time try Safari, much faster), I think there's a mouse pointer on the artificial horizon indicator, which is normal for a pc/flight sim but 'capt,-is-that-thing-suppose-to-be-there?' if it's on the real plane... :unknw:

Or, the artf horizon showed 220, but the altimeter showed 8**. i dunno, u tell me :unknw:

BTW, sharp eyes u got there. wanna compete with unc Pieter?

well.. to me it seems the plane is gaining altitude instead of loosing altitude. .. othe than that and the mouse pointer.. beats me.. u tell me too??

Loved last night's show...notice the co-pilot of the AA DC-10?He's the same actor in the AA DC9 which crash upon landing in Little Rock Arkansas (correct me if I'm wrong). WHile the pilot of the THY DC10 is the "terrorist" who blew up the PAL B747 enroute to Japan.... ^_^

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

My goodness,the THY DC-10 crash do scare me during that show.Lucky all the passengers onboard AA DC-10 survived.There's only one 'casualty' from the AA incident,a destroyed coffin with human body inside it.

My goodness,the THY DC-10 crash do scare me during that show.Lucky all the passengers onboard AA DC-10 survived.There's only one 'casualty' from the AA incident,a destroyed coffin with human body inside it.

Yeah, the impact was so strong that the can food became compressed with food still inside. Imagine doing that to a cola can with contents still inside!

Loved last night's show...notice the co-pilot of the AA DC-10?He's the same actor in the AA DC9 which crash upon landing in Little Rock Arkansas (correct me if I'm wrong). WHile the pilot of the THY DC10 is the "terrorist" who blew up the PAL B747 enroute to Japan.... ^_^

Yea, I noticed that too... i remembered he was a 'terrorist' but not so sure in which show. I thought the Sept 11 cases... hehee... seems like they 'reuse' actors from the same actor studio... :)

Yes, and they are very convincing too!

Or, the artf horizon showed 220, but the altimeter showed 8**. i dunno, u tell me :unknw:

That 220 is the IAS, indicated airspeed, in knots.

Can tell much more, but at teh tarik only. Also heard the CVR for the F50 off runway excursion at TWU. Can talk about that too.......

Capt. Nik, jom! ;) I don't know much about airline operations and engineering, but the crash of 653 is one of my favourite subjects. Been hearing too many stories dunno which is fact, which is fiction.

Name me a date and place - I'm in Damansara Damai Sungai Buloh.

That 220 is the IAS, indicated airspeed, in knots.

Yar lor... lupa. :pardon: . sorry boss...

Long time never touch the flightsim and forget most everything...

So, what the correct answer for YJ's question?...

Just watched Air Crash Investigation (12am - 1am)... weird, as the info guide listed the show as Silence of the Bees (Ch 553 NatGeo showed a rerun of Season 1, I think, Cutting Corners, about the Alaskan Airlines Flight 261 MD-83's stabilizer trim failure). I didn't know they showed reruns.

Anyone know the repeats of NatGeo ACI Asia Season 5 on Astro? I didn't subscribed to the new info mag so I am not sure when the actual repeats. It's not shown on Sunday at 10pm the past two weeks, and finishing work at midnight, I've been rushing back from work the past two Tuesday nights to catch the repeats on Wednesday, 1am.

With grievous note, I found last week's episode seriously intriguing (Dead Weight, the Air Midwest Flight 5481 Beechcraft 1900D's maintenance negligence and miscalculated overload). It always chilled my bones when the cause of the crash was due to maintenance error / negligence. But I underestimated the concern of having overweight pax for smaller aircrafts. I wonder what is the average weight per pax for FireFlyz, Berjaya Air, or MAS and AK used in their calculations?

Just an observation. Coincidently, the pilot, the lead investigator, and the lead of the first firefighter team on the scene of the air crash were all females. Hmm..

Anyone know the repeats of NatGeo ACI Asia Season 5 on Astro? I didn't subscribed to the new info mag so I am not sure when the actual repeats. It's not shown on Sunday at 10pm the past two weeks, and finishing work at midnight, I've been rushing back from work the past two Tuesday nights to catch the repeats on Wednesday, 1am.

I sacrificed Betty (watch the repeat on Sat 12pm :p ) for Air Crash Investigation. If I missed ACI, I'll watch at 1am like you did.

Other than that, i think you can try Sundays 4pm. Not sure which season/episode they are showing. My last check on Astro Program search returns nothing as there was something wrong with Astro's NGC channel listing. :unknw:

Let me go home to check the Astro guide as I dont bring the guide all the time :p

Or maybe anybdy else at home right now could provide some assistance...

Really cannot tahan lah 1 episode per week.

I just watched an episode last night about the Delta Airlines crash in DFW. Flight 191 was a L1011 Tristar that was forced to the ground by a microburst.

However, within the first 5 mins of the program, there is a shot of the ATC officer telling DL191 to turn on a heading of "620"??? What kind of heading is that?

Yeah, I thought I heard wrongly. Heading 620?.. :blink: gila!

I looked at the subtitle and thought the 'subtitler' make another numbering mistakes. sometimes when a show said 200,000 feet, the guy translated 200ft. 50 miles to 50km.

And I noticed that the front of the CGI'ed L1011 looks funny too. nothing resembles the tristar. the radome was too big and rounded.... aiyeeee.... only the #3 engine makes it L1011.

What's wrong with them? too lazy to do some research?...

Edited by Yusoff

And I noticed that the front of the CGI'ed L1011 looks funny too. nothing resembles the tristar. the radome was too big and rounded.... aiyeeee.... only the #3 engine makes it L1011.

Yes I noticed that too! The nose of the plane looks so swollen it reminds me of Miss Piggy's high heel shoes with her leg with it.

Guys,the 'Air Crash Investigation' has returned for the 11th season,starting tonight at 2300hrs ( GMT+8 ) at Nat Geo channel.

Here's the list of episodes for the 11th season (from what i've got from Astro website so far):

* Cockpit Failure (Crossair Flight 3597)

* Heathrow Enigma (British Airways Flight 38; 1st B777 hull loss)

If i'm not mistaken,the TK1958 incident at AMS and also 'The Miracle at Hudson River' (US1549) is also included in this season as well.There will be 10 episodes all together in this season.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Do you know the time and dates for the ru-runs? 11pm kinda late for me...hehehehe...thanks! Can't wait!

You can actually watched all seasons on youtube. Not sure about new season, but it gets uploaded pretty quickly.

Watching ACI gives me chill...especially the Alaska MD-83 crash outside SFO. Last word from captain as they hit the water: " Here we go...." :blink:

You can actually watched all seasons on youtube. Not sure about new season, but it gets uploaded pretty quickly.

I've looked for it couple of hours ago;but so far haven't find one of it :(