MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

Saving Airasia Group and Airasia X: Covid-19 Recovery Thread

7 hours ago, BC Tam said:

Like what reasonable degree of success can one possibly envisage in turning KKIA into an "international hub" and "promote Sabah tourism destinations" when borders are closed off everywhere ?! 😄

I'm sure every megahub started with a dream... :p

8 hours ago, Chris Tan said:

I'm sure every megahub started with a dream... :p

For BKI hub dream it has been repeated, recooked, rehashed every so often over such a long time, it should really be reclassified as a coma already 😁

For sale: AirAsia founder Tony Fernandes' Scottish mansion at SGD$4.45 million

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/for-sale-airasia-founders-scottish-mansion-at-s445-million

PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - AirAsia founder Tony Fernandes has put up his sprawling Ayrshire estate in Scotland for sale for £2.5 million (S$4.45 million), as the Covid-19 pandemic has taken a toll on airlines worldwide, according to British tabloid The Sun.

The estate comes complete with an 18th-century classical Georgian country house known as Skeldon House nestled in an extensive natural woodland stretching to the banks of the River Doon.

The property, which boasts five bedrooms including two suites, an all-weather tennis court, a wine cellar, and sauna facilities, among others, was put up for sale on Oct 1.

AirAsia X ordered to pay RM35 mil to International Lease Finance Corp

https://themalaysianreserve.com/2020/11/20/airasia-x-ordered-to-pay-rm35-mil-to-international-lease-finance-corp/

The High Court of Justice, Queens Bench Division, Commercial Court (High Court) has ordered AirAsia X Bhd and its subsidiaries, AAX Mauritius One Ltd (AAX Mauritius) and AAX Leasing Four Ltd (AAX Leasing Four) to pay the sum of £6,581,868.05 (RM35.82 million) to the International Lease Finance Corporation.

In an exchange filing, the company said the amount is inclusive of costs and interests to the date of the judgement.

“Notwithstanding, the company has not been served with the documents in relation to the claim filed by the Claimant with the High Court prior to the judgement.

“The Claimant is the trustee of two aircraft leased by AAX Leasing Four,” said AirAsia X in the statement today.

In other news, on Tony's IG account, he mentioned AirAsia corporate jet Bombardier Global Express-BD-700-1A10 9M-CJG has been sold. The aircraft was flown out of KUL for one last time on 17th November 2020, after a night stopover at Tokyo, it left on 18th Nov 2020. Last tracked flying over Lyons, Kansas, United States

https://planefinder.net/flight/9MCJG/time/2020-11-17T05:05:00.000Z/speed/1

https://www.radarbox.com/data/registration/9m-cjg

AirAsia X deserves to go bankrupt and they really don't deserve any lifelines or loans from anyone. They're a bunch of crooks!

As a follow-up from my credit card (cc) chargeback for flights I was supposed to take with them to Phuket in September, the cc company found in favour of D7 based solely on "evidence" that D7 provided. They told the cc company that they did not cancel the flights and that I was a no-show, which meant I was not entitled to a refund. Seriously??! I have emails and SMSs informing me of the cancelled flights! That means they were the ones who cancelled the flights! Furthermore, they told the cc company that I'd contacted them to cancel my flights instead, which also meant that I wasn't entitled to a refund. Notice how they contradicted themselves? And then they even went on to say that I also wasn't entitled to a refund because they'd already offered me a travel credit! WTF?! They did no such thing! Blatant lies. I have emails proving that they were processing a refund and then they also sent me that email that said that they could no longer offer refunds or travel credits because they'd gone into voluntary administration or debt restructuring, which is what prompted me to do the chargeback. What a bunch of crooks! They deserve to burn in hell. Even MH have not been this devious in my dealings with them.  

Obviously, I've provided all my documents to the cc company that proves that D7 are lying so I'm pretty confident the outcome will be in my favour. I will NEVER EVER fly with D7 or AK again, even if they were offering free flights. I hope D7 dies, so that won't be an option. LOL!

7 hours ago, Josh T said:

AirAsia X deserves to go bankrupt and they really don't deserve any lifelines or loans from anyone. They're a bunch of crooks!

As a follow-up from my credit card (cc) chargeback for flights I was supposed to take with them to Phuket in September, the cc company found in favour of D7 based solely on "evidence" that D7 provided. They told the cc company that they did not cancel the flights and that I was a no-show, which meant I was not entitled to a refund. Seriously??! I have emails and SMSs informing me of the cancelled flights! That means they were the ones who cancelled the flights! Furthermore, they told the cc company that I'd contacted them to cancel my flights instead, which also meant that I wasn't entitled to a refund. Notice how they contradicted themselves? And then they even went on to say that I also wasn't entitled to a refund because they'd already offered me a travel credit! WTF?! They did no such thing! Blatant lies. I have emails proving that they were processing a refund and then they also sent me that email that said that they could no longer offer refunds or travel credits because they'd gone into voluntary administration or debt restructuring, which is what prompted me to do the chargeback. What a bunch of crooks! They deserve to burn in hell. Even MH have not been this devious in my dealings with them.  

Obviously, I've provided all my documents to the cc company that proves that D7 are lying so I'm pretty confident the outcome will be in my favour. I will NEVER EVER fly with D7 or AK again, even if they were offering free flights. I hope D7 dies, so that won't be an option. LOL!

Sorry to hear you are having problems, Josh. D7 appears to be quite inconsistent with the handling of cancellations and refunds - sounds to me that your case depends on who handles your request and whether you are prepared to accept credit account as the mode for refund. I also note that some travel insurance policies will cover your costs is a pandemic is declared. 

Anyway, D7 will probably need to liquidate because their situation is too hopeless.

KUALA LUMPUR -- Low-cost carrier AirAsia said it has halved its fixed costs and is exploring its options to raise working and operating capital, including selling spare aircraft engines, as the airline continues to struggle because of travel bans imposed in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand -- three of its core markets.

The airline's sales fell 86% to 442.9 million ringgit ($108 million) for the third quarter ended Sept. 30, compared with 3.07 billion ringgit in the corresponding quarter last year. Its net loss widened to 851.78 million ringgit from 51.4 million ringgit previously.

The third-quarter performance brings the airline's year-to-date sales down to 2.87 billion ringgit from 9.07 billion ringgit over the same period of the previous year. It has recorded a net loss of 2.66 billion ringgit for the cumulative nine-month period.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Transportation/AirAsia-seeks-sources-of-cash-as-net-loss-widens

Unless major shareholders like tf subscribed to right issue, not many banks will extend substantial loan to aagb.

Airbus re-sells six unwanted jets built for AirAsia

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-airbus-aircraft/airbus-re-sells-six-unwanted-jets-built-for-airasia-idUSKBN287219

Based on multiple sources, here are the updates:

1. MSN 9512 A321-251NX AirAsia Malaysia (9M-VAC) to (unassigned), currently stored at Airbus production plant at Hamburg with engines installed. All white livery.
  2. MSN 9524 A321-251NX AirAsia Malaysia (9M-VAD) to (unassigned), currently actively being air tested at Airbus production plant at Hamburg with engines installed. All white livery.
  3. MSN 10079 A320-251NX AirAsia Malaysia 9M-RAU to (unassigned), rumoured to be going to SkyExpress, air tested on 26th November 2020 at Chateauroux Airport, France in full AirAsia livery. Delivered on contract as 9M-RAU, possibly to be repainted soon.
  4. MSN 10083 A320-251NX AirAsia Malaysia to SkyExpress as SX-IOG, delivered to new owner 27th November 2020
  5. MSN 10156 A320-251NX, AirAsia India VT-ATG to ??, currently stored at Chateauroux Airport, France in full AirAsia India livery since 26th October 2020, possible NTU
  6. MSN 10161 A321-251NX AirAsia Malaysia (9M-VAE) to Capital Airlines, currently stored at Airbus production plant at Hamburg without engines. All white livery.

Source: aibflights, news report, planespotters, Facebook Group, Instagram.

Edited by JuliusWong

2 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

MSN 10083 A320-251NX AirAsia Malaysia to SkyExpress as SX-IOG, delivered to new owner 27th November 2020

Nice livery:

Can AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines stay aloft amid the coronavirus pandemic? Only with major restructuring, experts say

• According to the government, airlines in Malaysia are expected to take three years to recover from the impact of Covid-19
  • AirAsia’s combination of lay-offs, diversification and loans is seen as a viable strategy, but analysts say the future is less clear for Malaysia Airlines

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics/article/3110741/can-airasia-and-malaysia-airlines-stay-aloft-amid-coronavirus

2017 fares Msia is ranked the cheapest by both low cost and Full service carriers. 

"The agency’s investigation found, on average, Malaysia enjoys the lowest cost for air travel of any country. At just $4.18 per 100 km, it’s the leading country for flight value.

Malaysia’s long-haul, full-service flights cost passengers an average $5.90 per 100 km, while long-haul, low-cost fares are some of the cheapest in the world at $1.81 per 100 km."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.finder.com/ranked-the-cost-of-air-travel-in-80-countries%3famp

I think the airlines here need to overhaul the pricing mechanism. 2017 prices alone plus ringgit depreciation up to year 2019 its probably even worse now.

I think that if airlines operating in this country charge higher fares, the airports will suffer a big drop in volume. Many people will not be able to fly and will opt to travel by bus and KTM again.

Just now, flee said:

I think that if airlines operating in this country charge higher fares, the airports will suffer a big drop in volume. Many people will not be able to fly and will opt to travel by bus and KTM again.

That's the problem with the buying power here. Starting salary is still rm1.4k out of the city area. You can get higher than average in Thailand and Vietnam now. To drop fares to unsustainable levels just to fill up the planes at 80% above break even and expect aux income to do the rest is not long term ideal.

6 hours ago, jahur said:

That's the problem with the buying power here. Starting salary is still rm1.4k out of the city area. You can get higher than average in Thailand and Vietnam now. To drop fares to unsustainable levels just to fill up the planes at 80% above break even and expect aux income to do the rest is not long term ideal.

That is the reason why Airasia X is still relevant and important to Airasia - they bring in pax from overseas to connect to the domestic destinations.