MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

On our LCC and LCC-T

re the 'broken toe' incident. Though I think they shouldn't have charged for the use of the wheelchair, but that's the reality of flying low cost airline, you can't expect to get everything, and you have to pay for any other additional services. As cold as this may sound, that's how they operate. However, they should advise them on the cost before offer services like this.

And is broken toe, the same as sprained toe? :rolleyes:

Maybe MH Domestic and partially regional should be low fare airline. At least they could get back some of their ex-customer. And some AK-victims may have somewhere to go and expect more better service.

Sad but true, LCC/no-frills are like this, heartless airline, just be grateful you don't have a puddle of puke under your seat and left uncleaned.

Perhaps TV3 should air Ryanair: Caught Sleeping documentary and let everyone know what no-frills means?

Edited by Adrian M

I think the whole LCC concept can be seen as both; going above the limits as well as having its own rights to a certain extend. However, whatever said and done, its a customer feedback and AK should at least respond to their grouses no matter what the stand is. But I think with the Malaysian mentality and how some people think, the kiasu-ness is not going to change. Its people like us who are aware of all these who should let these people be and be patient. However, it is subjective to each individual and opinions may vary.

Perhaps a better education method or system should be in place so these kiasu-ites don't make the LCC concept a mockery !!!!!!

:clapping:

Perhaps we have TV detective try to reveal behind the scene:AK.

Hoe the long term LCC will provide greater spaces and friendly enviroment

Perhaps a better education method or system should be in place so these kiasu-ites don't make the LCC concept a mockery !!!!!!

:clapping:

Once, I was boarding AK at KBR and the crowd was rushing down the staircase that some ppl just fell over like dominoes! I used to accompany my slow-moving elderly parents, and though we were allowed to go to the planes first, sometimes the rushing maniacs managed to overtake us!

Exiting the train is also an ordeal. The crowd on the platform just barged in to grab the seats even before ppl inside could get out. I once saw a kid squished by this mob. :angry:

.naim

Once, I was boarding AK at KBR and the crowd was rushing down the staircase that some ppl just fell over like dominoes! I used to accompany my slow-moving elderly parents, and though we were allowed to go to the planes first, sometimes the rushing maniacs managed to overtake us!

Everytime I fly, exactly when the airbridge attach to the plane, people start standing up, no matter in Asia, Africa, N. America, South America, Europe, Middle East or Australasia, why rush? Different people, different taste, but at least we all share one comman trait :lol:

Everytime I fly, exactly when the airbridge attach to the plane, people start standing up, no matter in Asia, Africa, N. America, South America, Europe, Middle East or Australasia, .....

For a refreshing change, come experience T2 at BKI. Here, we start pressing each other against the exit door even before the plane arrives !! And there ain't no airbridges either ! :rolleyes:

For a refreshing change, come experience T2 at BKI. Here, we start pressing each other against the exit door even before the plane arrives !! And there ain't no airbridges either ! :rolleyes:

Ok, the people in the world need serious help :help:

the KLIA LCC-T is really sux, and we still need to pay the same amount of airport tax with the main terminal.

i personally think that free-seating is not suitable for AirAsia because we are Malaysian which have special 'altitute'. Maybe AirAsia should charge those window seat/reserve seat when check-in.

For a refreshing change, come experience T2 at BKI. Here, we start pressing each other against the exit door even before the plane arrives !!

Wasn't one of my 1st postings here 'elbow-system' ??? Captain Radzi can testify :yahoo:

Wasn't one of my 1st postings here 'elbow-system' ??? Captain Radzi can testify :yahoo:

Pieter, the 'elbow system' term has always been yours. :)

Anyway, I'm not at all surprised or even unhappy about all the problems with the LCC and the LCCT. It is not like that is the only option we have here in Malaysia.

If you're not happy with the LCC and the LCCT, just fly from the MTB and you will have pre-assigned seats, aerobridges so you won't get wet when it rains, maybe some food to munch on...... And iin the very unlikely event that you have to evacuate using the overwing exits, hopefully there will be no speedbrake in your path.

Cheers.

I think AA has gone the low cost model too far. Read yesterday's letter in Malaysiakini about a passenger being charged for use of a wheelchair!! Yeah, everybody can fly, except for the handicapped.

:help: :help: =@

And iin the very unlikely event that you have to evacuate using the overwing exits, hopefully there will be no speedbrake in your path.

Cheers.

Hee hee hee .. Nice one there Radzi ... :drinks:

Take into consideration that if you just want to fly from point A to point B and pay the lowest price , you can't complain much . There's definitely a price on luxury ... Want preassigned seats , aerobridge , nice young ladies dressed in ever so gorgeous kebaya's , go MAS ....

And after reading all the stories about air asia

Definitely not the way to go in my opinion ..

Absolutely horrified by all these other people's experiences ..

Somewhat disappointing as I was expecting much better from them ...

the KLIA LCC-T is really sux, and we still need to pay the same amount of airport tax with the main terminal.

i personally think that free-seating is not suitable for AirAsia because we are Malaysian which have special 'altitute'. Maybe AirAsia should charge those window seat/reserve seat when check-in.

Special 'altitude'? YiHao,I'm totally agree with you :lol:

And the inevitable comparison with SIN's LCC-T:

http://www.jeffooi.com/2006/05/heres_what_...dget_t.php#more

.ny

I wouldn't take these comparisons at face value. The fact is, AirAsia is much larger than any Singaporean LCC and as a consequence, I believe our LCCT is much, much more busier (thus contributing to lack of ample seating, planes not parked 40m from the terminal, etc.). That and the folks at Jeffooi's site have a history of praising our neighbours down south and bashing our own country every chance they get.

But that doesn't mean we can't improve though. If you ask me, budget air travel should not mean low class travel.

Oh, and btw what I said above is all based on stuff I heard and read about. I've neither been to KLIA's LCCT nor Singapore's BT so if anyone feels like correcting me, feel free to do so. :)

well this is the reality.

You pay what you get, theres no free lunch in this world. You do not pay a nibble and expect a timble.

I am quite dissapointed with AK's act in the wheelchair issue. Its this I DONT CARE attititude by the ground staff.

And the inevitable comparison with SIN's LCC-T:

http://www.jeffooi.com/2006/05/heres_what_...dget_t.php#more

.ny

I don't quite understand some of the description like:

"3 ) There is no need for a departure lounge at the BT. Everyone hangs around the shop area until boarding is announced. Once you enter the entrance for boarding gate. You automatically join a queue to board the aircraft. "

I assume that all along the departure hall there are gates, and aircraft are parked right in front of the gate. Reminds me of Luton in the early days of easyjet, but now it is different. When it gets busy, you have to be lucky to have your aircraft right in front of the gate. How many baby boeings and airbuses can park side by side? 40m seems unrealistic. Still when they arrive, I am sure they do not walk straight into the departure lounge, but probably have to walkaround it to the arrivals area. Probably Singapore LCCT is better because Changi is well run, but I want to see how it copes when it gets as busy as the KL LCCT.

Anyway, I think the honeymoon is over for LCC passengers in Malaysia. In Europe, Ryanair passengers have suffered for a long time but Ryanair does not seem to have a problem attracting them.

Everytime I fly, exactly when the airbridge attach to the plane, people start standing up

Seth,

How about people start standing up while the aircraft is still in taxiway towards the terminal? This happened to me, not once, not twice, but 3 times. Twice on Shenzhen Airlines, and once on Malaysia airlines. Talk about trying to beat the crowd to the immigration.

Seth,

How about people start standing up while the aircraft is still in taxiway towards the terminal? This happened to me, not once, not twice, but 3 times. Twice on Shenzhen Airlines, and once on Malaysia airlines.

Easy. I just jammed on the brakes while taxiing, all those standing will be flying again. :yahoo:

Easy. I just jammed on the brakes while taxiing, all those standing will be flying again. :yahoo:

Funny! :clapping:

Btw, Radzi, I notice you put

So do you actually live at the 'X' in the middle of this map?

IPB Image

;)

More AK bashing today - see:

http://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/50870

.ny

Edited by naim

Funny! :clapping:

Btw, Radzi, I notice you put

So do you actually live at the 'X' in the middle of this map?

Ooops, better check my coordinates again....

I would love to be on that flight and see how those people react. Those flights must have been so unenjoyable that people can't wait to get off.