MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Eric M

Airports of The Netherlands

YES !!!

Finally I got it today :p PH-HZR is a brandnew a/c originally for SpiceJet (India) but will start her life with Transavia Airlines during the 2006 busy summer season. And, it is in operation now since 3 days, and still wearing original full SpiceJet colours!

Here seen on a very short final for rwy 27 at AMS/EHAM. Arrival from HER.

PS - my first shot here with my new 70-200 F2.8 lens. Just a great piece of 'lens' :)

IPB Image

Eric

And...................I got her too :good: Was about to leave for home after 6pm when she appeared; here are my shots of her: don't you think she's pretty with her gorgeous 'clean' legs and 2 nice red ni...es :clapping: ?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Will continue shortly with the Dakota Fly-in at Lelystad airport (EHLE), celebrating the 70th birthday of this grand ol' lady ;) ......

Anyhow, Eric, this is how your "Silver Bullet" looks like, when passing EHLE after take-off on her way to Narita:

IPB Image

And...................I got her too :good: Was about to leave for home after 6pm when she appeared; here are my shots of her: don't you think she's pretty with her gorgeous 'clean' legs and 2 nice red ni...es :clapping: ?

Anyhow, Eric, this is how your "Silver Bullet" looks like, when passing EHLE after take-off on her way to Narita:

Pieter, have you been at AMS also today?! You've been travelling a lot then! Give me a sms next time maybe we can meet somewhere around the field.

The JL6404, JA401J, nonstop to NRT climbing out. I took off at rwy 24, in front of my camera :) It's a great mirror in the sky Pieter! Well done ;)

IPB Image

And I'm waiting for your Dakota pics! Should be some great stuff!

Bye!

Eric

OK, my dear friends, I'll now continue with the Dakota fly-in, which was held at Lelystad airport 27-28may2006; weather on 27/05 was extremely bad with lot's of rain and low cloud-base, so, hardly any flying going on and the C47 stranded at Schiphol, for technical- or weather reasons (?)...Dakotas from Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the US were present; the Dutch Dakota Association with 2 (!) Dakotas (PH-DDZ and PH-PBA) were absent :angry: :o

Highlight for me was the only flyable Lisunov LI-2 from Hungary, sponsored by Imran's favourite airline (see 2nd picture) :pardon: :

IPB Image

IPB Image

The one from the US was eventually stuck at AMS-Schiphol, however, she made an appearance at Lelystad on 28/05/06 :good: :

IPB Image

IPB Image

Not only from Hungary it was a long flight, how about one from Helsinki-Malmi/Finland ? :o :

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Norway was also present; even the props sport the Norwegian colours :good: :

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The Danish "flying museum" was in Royal Danish Air Force livery:

IPB Image

IPB Image

To get into the 1950's mood, this beautiful Citroen also passed; the driver told me, they came from a tournament in the Eiffel-area/Germany:

IPB Image

The Swedish Dakota had a nice 'classic-looking' SAS livery:

IPB Image

IPB Image

More modern Swedish stuff was this Swedish Air Force Saab 340, returning here with officials who handed-over the Viggen (tail can be seen in the 2nd Finnish Dakota-picture) for the Aviodrome museum:

IPB Image

This Lelystad based Catalina departed and did not return before I left; I wonder where/to which airshow, it went to:

IPB Image

Hope you've enjoyed these ol' ladies; some do look immaculate (please, do take a closer look at the pictures) and it's amazing they still fly even after 50-60 years :o :good: :yahoo: ...

Pieter, have you been at AMS also today?! You've been travelling a lot then! Give me a sms next time maybe we can meet somewhere around the field.

Bye!

Eric

Was at EHLE basically between 10-16 hrs and at EHAM between 17-18.30 hrs; next time, I'll SMS you nonetheless :D

Will finish this topic with some pictures taken at Schiphol, during above mentioned time-scale:

For my Sabahan friends, who are great supporters of the Fokker 50: here a head-on nose-shot:

IPB Image

Some more Fokker 50's: both all-white, owned by Denimair, but operating for KLM cityhopper:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Always thrilled to see these Mad-Dogs thunder into the air:

IPB Image

Atlas Air N354MC operated this 747-200 on behalf of Polar Air Cargo (see sticker above door):

IPB Image

Hope, you've enjoyed this small trip through the Netherlands :drinks: ...

Pieter,

really some great shots you've shown to us. Personally I like the SF340, it's a pretty commuter. And a shame that they don't fly with KLM cityhopper anymore! I still remember the sad crash of the CWL flight many years ago, almost hitting the famous rwy 06-24 spotting area!

And furthermore some more AMS-action on the 29th;

IPB Image

A very smart looking B737 coming in from Prague, short finals for rwy 27 in windy weather conditions...

IPB Image

PH-BQD departing rwy 24 for another longhaul international flight!

It was some great spotting on Sunday,

Eric

Pieter.... :clapping:

Love all the props there.... Thanks for sharing, bro.. :good:

Eric.... You have poisoned me with the 70-200 f/2.8... :vava: :diablo: :cray:

Great pictures from the glasses Eric...

Eric.... You have poisoned me with the 70-200 f/2.8... :vava: :diablo: :cray:

Great pictures from the glasses Eric...

Thanks! Now looking for a smaller lens too, and when found, I'll put my 'old' 28-300 f/3.5-6.3 on ebay.

I hope the summerseason will be good to do some testing with my new toy :D

Pieter.... :clapping:

Love all the props there.... Thanks for sharing, bro.. :good:

I knew you would like these Dakota shots, bro...where in Asia are they still operating ? Philippines and Thailand only ?

Woooa.. :blink: That Skyeurope Livery Stylo laaa~!!!

Those Classic Plane.. Beautifull :wub:

Thank For Sharing ~!!!! :D

OK OK....!

Asian airliners also come over to AMS <_<

IPB Image

The cargoflight taking her way in the skies onward to Taipei! (B-18706)

IPB Image

Korean Air to Seoul Incheon getting airborne (HL7539)

Happy viewing...,

Eric

WOW, Eric, love that A330 shot: nice lens you've purchased :good: ...

Guys,

Found a nice link about the Dakota fly-in, which your truly had visited last weekend :rolleyes:

Some really nice shots can be seen here by clicking:

http://www.aviationmedia.nl/FOTO/008DakotaFlyIn/index.html

Enjoy it !!! :good:

Look at picture 20: the car on the extreme left is mine; you can even see me taking a picture by standing on the rear-door threshold !!!

Hey man! Nice car you have! :D

I think the link you've provided is cool indeed. They have some great shot, and manipulated the colours a little in photoshop. The pictures looks more nostalgic now! Thanks

Nice shot guys!

Pieter,

You can see the re-engined and converted Basler BT-67s of the Royal Thai Airforce in Thailand.

Main duties are rain making (serious) and dropping peace pamplets in the troubled southern Thailand.

There was a write-up in a recent issue of Air Forces Monthly.

Kwek

I knew you would like these Dakota shots, bro...where in Asia are they still operating ? Philippines and Thailand only ?

My company decided to introduce the first Converted Freighter to AMS, on June 8th, being one of the first destinations for this type! JA8902 is the (un)lucky number to serve as 'converted' one... It's a fine machine, and the cargo loading system inside is just great :)

Here's my picture guys!

IPB Image

Bye!

Eric

PS - Pieter, it will serve AMS every Thursday and Saturday from now on!

Nice JAL Cargo There.. thank for Sharing with us here Eric. :good:

Prewarning: watch this section after the weekend, for.................

The Open Days of the Royal Netherlands Air Force will be held at the 16th- and 17th of June, and the following demoteams will perform there: Red Arrows (GB), Patrouille de France (FR), Royal Jordanian Falcons and the Dutch F16 and PC7 teams. Moreover, the USN F18 team 'The Blue Angels' will be on Dutch soil for the first time since 1965 :yahoo: :good:

Prewarning: watch this section after the weekend, for.................

The Open Days of the Royal Netherlands Air Force will be held at the 16th- and 17th of June, and the following demoteams will perform there: Red Arrows (GB), Patrouille de France (FR), Royal Jordanian Falcons and the Dutch F16 and PC7 teams. Moreover, the USN F18 team 'The Blue Angels' will be on Dutch soil for the first time since 1965 :yahoo: :good:

Wow! Can't wait to see the photos.

Avanti Air (from Germany) was flying some Dutch soccer fans to Stuttgart for the match: Netherlands-Cote d'Ivoire . Departure was at 0730am when I took the picture...

IPB Image

Bye

Eric

First Choice B757-200 did this leg for the same reason. Here seen on arrival of the positioning flight from the UK. Departure to Stuttgart was around 1 hour later. Just getting to 'Centre' and over the 'bridge' at South.

IPB Image

Eric

Great shot Eric, that 752 looks really good on First Choice! :good:

That prop is chartered? That explain Pieter off topic in FIFA thread :drinks:

Keep more coming mate, love the blue airport :)

Seth,

See the 'Flight logbook' tonight for a list of supporter charter flights ;)

Eric,

Excellent shot of the moving props on the AT7 :good: :clapping:

Seth,

See the 'Flight logbook' tonight for a list of supporter charter flights ;)

Eric,

Excellent shot of the moving props on the AT7 :good: :clapping:

Thanks Seth & Pieter! And of course, I didn't leave for home again after I've seen 3 more beauties filled up to the max with our orange Dutchmen :p They all departed within 15 minutes behind eachother. No problem for AMS, but I think Stuttgart may get a busy day :huh:

IPB Image

uhh Seth, I think a 757 even looks more better then First Choice when it's dressed in red :)

Airborne too early due to a low amount of fuel, strong lift, and no baggage/cargo in the holds... A shame, it could have been a better picture!

IPB Image

A B767-200 is always nice to see nowadays at AMS. Air Canada used to fly them here, but from tomorrow (June 17) they restrart their daily schedule on -300ER's.

IPB Image

*ugh* How do Dutch football-fans feel in a German aircraft. I don't know. All I know is that also HHI D-AHIF is bringing over some of 'orange' to our neighbouring country!

That's it for now folks,

Eric

*oeps* sorry guys. I almost forgot to bring in this new Asian beauty (ex SQ aircraft). Now B-2428 with Chinese startup carrier 'Great Wall Airlines'.

IPB Image

Eric

Edited by Eric M

Wow! Can't wait to see the photos.

:sorry: :sorry: :sorry: Didn't go to the RNethAF 'Open Day' and airshow :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: