MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Eric M

Airports of The Netherlands

Hi

I had a small talk with Pieter, and we would like to start a dedicated topic for pictures from The Netherlands, containing mainly the airports of:

Amsterdam (AMS/EHAM)

Rotterdam (RTM/EHRD)

Maastricht-Aachen (MST/EHBK)

Eindhoven (EIN/EHEH)

Groningen-Eelde (GRQ/EHGR)

and smaller airfields with more light traffic, e.g. Lelystad (LEY/EHLE), Enschede-Twente (ENS/EHTW) etc. etc.

We will upload new pictures and stories from our country from time to time and share them with you!

********************************************************************************

Wow looking forward to them!!! Excellent. Cheers

Amsterdam (AMS/EHAM)

April 30, 2006

Some beautiful final approach shots of runway 36R in last evening light!

IPB Image

KLM F-50's look clean and 'fresh' in the revised colourscheme! (Flight KL1812 from Cologne)

IPB Image

SAS DHC-8-400 from Stockholm ARN operated by this nice Turboprop tonight!

IPB Image

A 'small' B757 of Arkia arriving from Israel! Usually this airline send their bigger -300 type. Nice!

And runway 06 gave me this wonderful special visitor, a First Air (Canada) huge B727-200!! Operating a adhoc cargo-charter from Cold Lake/Canada on behalf of the Dutch army.

IPB Image

Ok, that's all now folks. More updates to come by 'AMS-crew' :p

Eric

Edited by Eric M

Waaaahh... Thank AMS-Crew.. Espeacialy Eric and Pieter...

Hope to see Some More Colourfull Airlines from you Guyz.. ^_^

Hey There Eric..

Really Enjoyed your Shots..

Like Pic 1 And 2..

Thos i Really Like the SAS DHC-8-400..More Plz. :lol:

this thread gonna be great.

Looking forward to see the original Dutch airport

Azuddin

Some more of April 30, 2006 @ Amsterdam Airport (AMS/EHAM):

IPB Image

ArkeFly Airlines (TUI group) is leasing a single A320-200 from Iberworld (Spain). This aircraft is ex VT-WAZ with GoAir India by the way, hence the basic colourscheme of this Indian carrier. Aircraft is having a 2-class configuration, normal Economy and also 'Comfort Class', offering more legroom to the passengers. (I'm supposed to fly this same aircraft in Oct'06 by the way)

For your info... also a second Airbus will be added to ArkeFly from next month, being an A321 from bmi british midland.

IPB Image

Menajet (F-OKRM) is operating on a flight for Corendon Airlines (Turkey), coming in from Antalya when seen on final approach for runway 36R.

By for now again,

Eric

Amsterdam (AMS/EHAM)

April 30, 2006

Some beautiful final approach shots of runway 36R in last evening light!

IPB Image

KLM F-50's look clean and 'fresh' in the revised colourscheme! (Flight KL1812 from Cologne)

It does look very clean indeed. Love it!

Looking forward to more nice photos Eric. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Ricky Tiong

Eric & Pieter, it would be a very colourful one indeed from you guys. I can't imagine the range of aircraft you will be covering. Good decision.

I can't imagine the range of aircraft you will be covering. Good decision.

How about a similar 'airport-photography' topic from our friends from Australia and New-Zealand ??? B)

Gavin,

Would you be able to 'pin' this Amsterdam one for future reference ?

Cheers ;)

How about a similar 'airport-photography' topic from our friends from Australia and New-Zealand ??? B)

Gavin,

Would you be able to 'pin' this Amsterdam one for future reference ?

Cheers ;)

Done, Pieter... ;)

I was thinking of pinning it since the topic is "generally" Netherland... ;)

So after some nice tulip pictures, I stumbled upon this 'little airport' halfway my city and EHLE:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Does anyone of you know the aircraft-types ??? :nea:

Welcome to EHLE:

IPB Image

How about a nice 'welcome-banner' when you enter the airport grounds ??? :p

IPB Image

Apparently, there was a Belgian "invasion" as these were all seen (+ 6 others not photographed):

IPB Image

IPB Image

Does anybody know the make and model of this aerobatic plane ?

IPB Image

Here's a better view of the modified jet-A powered Cessna 206 previously shown; note the parachuter's legs still hanging out from the plane :p :

IPB Image

This guy must have been pretty sweating, as it was VERY windy today with a good x-wind for runway 05:

IPB Image

Hope, you guys, enjoyed this short 45 minute visit to Lelystad airport ;) ...............

Waaah... Nice Pieter I Dunno what Aircraft Model for that Radio Controler Aircraft. But The Pilot look like someone from ThunderBirds team.. hahaha :)

Realy Nice Small Airport With Realy 'Yummy' Small Aircraft. Scenery + Yellow Flower Fuuuhhsss... Best!!! Control Tower Design look Intresting. :good:

Edited by Ibrahim

Scenery + Yellow Flower Fuuuhhsss...

Actually, that's the worst weed you can have: once it's in your garden, it's VERY difficult to get wrid-off :o It's called the dandelion flower ...

Both are F70/100 noses and transported down there, after the Fokker factory closed-down...

-snip-snipDoes anybody know the make and model of this aerobatic plane ?

IPB Image

Hope, you guys, enjoyed this short 45 minute visit to Lelystad airport ;) ...............

That's an RV-6 from Van's Aircraft, isn't it?

Very good aerobatic kit-plane...

I know one guy with the same model, but A version (tricycle)

but sadly flipped the aircraft during landing roll on a grass strip couple of weeks back

Luckily he survived but not without some injuries.. :(

Thanks for the short "tour" Pieter.... more please :clapping:

After being in Japan for a week and some days off for resting (and to get rid of the jetlag :p ) I was able to do some shooting again around AMS!

On May 22, I noticed this nice Martinair A320 on lease from Iberworld, hence the Spanish registration. This aircraft is remarkable with her 'white' belly (usually the PH-registered A320's of MP have a grey-ish belly!)

IPB Image

And today, May 23rd, I was doing my work again, when this Arkefly A320 (also leased from Iberworld) was parked on a remotestand just behind the JAL :) Made this picture using the camera of our office (4MP instead of my usual 8MP ;) ) Interesting shot? Yes, because it is in a 'full' colourschema now!

IPB Image

Bye!

Eric B)

Eric,

Any interesting pictures from Japan and/or a trip-report available to share ??? ;)

This morning, I went to the apron for general aviation at AMS, to take a picture of PH-HZR (in full SpiceJet colours, brandnew frame), although it was gone and went into service to CFU and AGP. Will take my chance either tonight (if the weather will stay reasonable) or tomorrow.

But, I also noticed a nice old airworthy DC-3 (N473DC) ''Drag-'em-oot'', waiting patiently for her flight to LEY/EHLE to join the 'Dakota Fly-In Airshow' this weekend. Although, I've heard this lady is having mechanical problems on her landinggear, and it's still unsure about the next flight(s).

IPB Image

Pieter, do you go to your airfield this weekend (LEY/EHLE) to watch the Fly-In?

Hope you like her,

Eric

Pieter, do you go to your airfield this weekend (LEY/EHLE) to watch the Fly-In?

Excellent shot, Eric, indeed went to EHLE today, but will return tomorrow, as weather was really lousy; so, guys, watch this section for some interesting shots ;)

(was able to get a shot of the Lisunov LI-2, and also one of the Royal Swedish Air Force Saab 340 :o )...

Excellent shot, Eric, indeed went to EHLE today, but will return tomorrow, as weather was really lousy; so, guys, watch this section for some interesting shots ;)

(was able to get a shot of the Lisunov LI-2, and also one of the Royal Swedish Air Force Saab 340 :o )...

Yeah, the weather was really bad during the afternoon. I did not get a shot of PH-HZR today, will try tomorrow afternoon! With my new lens...

Because tomorrow morning, I will pickup my 70-200mm F2.8 :yahoo:

Pieter, I saw a picture of the SF.340, that is indeed a stunning looking bird!

have fune at LEY on Sunday.

Eric