MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Eric M

Airports of The Netherlands

Pieter,

Nice colletion of wide body shots frm the Maintainance line.

thanks for sharing.

Thanks Raj, don't forget the DC-6 topic !!! :pardon:

Meanwhile this is what passed my lens during my break:

Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander (with 4-bladed props :o ) from the East-Frisian part of Germany. the name is "Juist", which is one of the Frisian Islands off the German coast (between the Netherlands and Denmark):

AMS26aug2007003.jpg

PH-PBA is the 2nd Dakota, operated by the DDA Airlines; it's in a halve AF-halve KL livery; which AF scheme do you prefer, guys, the current one or this 1950's one ?

AMS26aug2007011.jpg

Hope you liked these...

Had a chance to have a close look at the D-check of PH-BFE during my lunch-break :pardon:

Here a close-up look of the Business-Class receiving complete new windows ! Note the 'Boeing 747' on the all-silver fuselage (part of the old colourscheme of KLM) :o :

AMS27aug2007009.jpg

This 747-400 should be ready again in about 2-3 weeks...

Some really nice visitors today, which I was able to photograph as well :good:

First picture to share are these twin-sisters :pardon:

One is Brazilian registered ( :yahoo: ) and the other Bermudan...both new for me ;) :

AMS28aug2007004.jpg

The other was one of my favorite props; shown here on departure and in the Armee de l'Air livery (the crew saw me photographing and made a full stop for me to get a better picture: merci beaucoup a cette equipage !!!):

AMS28aug2007006.jpg

Thanks for viewing ;)

Not much happening at "East" lately, just a few to share with you guys here:

Look, who's back ;) :

AMS11sep2007010.jpg

Used to be flying all over Europe with TAP before, now with re-fitted engines and winglets...

Head-on view of VP-BJD: look at those 'giant' engines :blink: :

AMS11sep2007012.jpg

Dedicated to Gibby: kinda like these colours !!!:

AMS12sep2007002.jpg

Originally designed by Mitsubishi is this sleek jet:

AMS12sep2007005.jpg

Breaking hard after landing on 05:

AMS12sep2007006.jpg

Imran,

This one is dedicated to you: 1st time for me to see an UAE registered Hawker :pardon: :

AMS13sep2007001.jpg

Cheers...

Wow..thanks for the dedication bro!

I know that the Dutch PM is here in Dubai...but what is that plane doing in AMS? :rolleyes:

Kinda like the sleek lines of the Learjet, this Romanian example visiting Schiphol on the 14th:

AMS14sep2007001.jpg

United N773UA had some engine-problems during climb-out and returned with an overweight landing on the 12th; it's still here today, 16sep, and is waiting for a spare engine and tooling :blink:

AMS14sep2007007.jpg

AMS14sep2007005.jpg

This Dornier 328 has a VIP 12-seats interior and is often used by the Dutch government:

AMS15sep2007001.jpg

Here you see a 'flying cigar with band still attached' being towed from the hangar to the gate:

AMS15sep2007006.jpg

(still cannot get used to this livery)

Swiss Air Ambulance is repatriating patients worldwide and is a rare visitor to AMS:

AMS15sep2007007.jpg

Was able to take a shot of this ex-US Airways Express DO328, unfortunately, now in an all-white scheme (re-painted by QAPS), and waiting for delivery to her new owner:

AMS18sep2007006.jpg

The AF/Regional E190 parked behind will be featured in a seperate thread :pardon:

Was very, very lucky indeed to shoot this TU Delft (Technical University) Citation, as it's in the hangar most of the time behind locked doors. Note the long probe at the nose :pardon: :

AMS19sep2007003.jpg

AMS19sep2007004.jpg

Great looking aircraft in miserable weather (light drizzle and cold), was this Jungle-Jet from the UK; just LOVE the livery and tail-logo (very classy !!!):

AMS20sep2007003.jpg

Three guesses for you, about the make and model of this helicopter :pardon: :

AMS20sep2007005.jpg

Die-hard spotters will shoot aircraft, no matter what the weather conditions are !!! :pardon:

AMS24sep2007003.jpg

Look at these small wheels and engines :blink:

AMS25sep2007004.jpg

According the Dutch website Scramble, this CitationJet was only registered less than 2 weeks ago, so brand-new:

AMS25sep2007007.jpg

Enjoy...

Any pics of the new Frog's HV?

:huh: :blink: can you explain, bro ?

One week after the previous British registered EMB135EJ, this one visited AMS :yahoo: Which colourscheme do you prefer, guys ? :huh:

AMS26sep2007008.jpg

A BD300 demonstrator was also seen during the last week:

AMS26sep2007005.jpg

Not the best shot, but we had another Turkish bizjet at Schiphol, again, dedicated to Hakan:

AMS27sep2007001.jpg

This Cessna 650 has a Danish sticker-registration :blink: The new German one can be seen underneath ;)

AMS29sep2007001.jpg

Plying the Norwegian skies before as LN-BRD, it will, once again, find cold arctic climes at Arkhangelsk; here seen today just prior to delivery with the VP-B registration :pardon:

AMS29sep2007005.jpg

Look at these stunning colours on this UK Falcon900:

AMS29sep2007006.jpg

While photographing this Gulfstream4, an Aer Lingus A320 passed behind landing on runway 27:

AMS29sep2007007.jpg

After a 29-day D-check this "City of Melbourne" looks like a new 744Combi; so, guys, have your camera ready at KUL, where she could visit shortly (should be operational again 01oct07):

AMS29sep2007010.jpg

AMS29sep2007009.jpg

AMS29sep2007008.jpg

It was 125-day today @ Amsterdam-Schiphol :pardon:

Appropriately registered as FIN is this Hawker from Hakan-country (2nd time to see this type with winglets; 1st time also a TC-registered Hawker :blink: ):

AMS02oct2007001.jpg

No, not the same aircraft, but when Golf left, November arrived :good:

AMS02oct2007008.jpg

AMS02oct2007006.jpg

How do you like my private jet "Pieter-C" with Dutch flag colours? :p

AMS02oct2007003.jpg

Cheers... :drinks:

Hi Pieter, thanks for the bizzjet with Turkish registration. Hawker 800XP is very popular in here and we see a lot of new brand hawkers in here. I think Sercan took some close pictures for TC-CLK,I'll check it in our forum's latest spotting pictures.

meanwhile, I get your note few mins ago, I'll turn back to you with PM.

See post 1088 in "The story of a pilot" about the weather at AMS in the wintertime.....well we had one of these days today, causing some interesting visitors to divert- or remain at AMS :pardon:

The Catalina was supposed to return to EHLE (Lelystad) this morning, but was grounded due to fog there :yahoo:

What a beauty !!! :pardon:

AMS03oct2007002.jpg

Den Helder/De Kooy Naval base was also fogged-in, causing two Sikorsky's of Bristow to divert to AMS as well :yahoo:

NZZ is ex-KLM Noordzeehelikopters; the other one is brand-new :good:

AMS03oct2007005.jpg

AMS03oct2007004.jpg

Guys, enjoy the nice sunny and warm weather while you can :pardon: !!!

MAS sent "Hibiscus" Papa-Delta today, but here is another "Hibiscus", registered in the Cayman-Islands :pardon:

AMS04oct2007002.jpg

No picture of Papa-Delta :sorry:

Only saw her take-off from 18L towards KUL this afternoon...

Quite a rare turbo-prop is this Embraer Xingu; formerly operated by the Sabena Flying Academy:

AMS05oct2007003.jpg

Spanish biz-jets are not common at AMS (don't know why), so was lucky to get this one during take-off from runway 04:

AMS05oct2007004.jpg

This one is dedicated to Levent; thanks for the tip, mate, as you can see she arrived spic-n-span from Moscow :pardon: :

AMS05oct2007006.jpg