MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Rumour: KLIA 3 Proposal?

10 minutes ago, jahur said:

Wouldve preferred them to focus on satelite 2 instead. 

I guess the new KLIA3 allows much more space for growth compared to the Satellite B area, but that area has been allocated for aeronautical support as per MAHB master plan for Aeropolis mainly for Pos Aviation and MasKargo. Has the pan changed again?

https://fiata.com/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/recent_views/RAP/FIATA World Congress 2017 - RAP - KLIA Aeropolis MAHB Mr B Ghazali.pdf

12 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

I guess the new KLIA3 allows much more space for growth compared to the Satellite B area, but that area has been allocated for aeronautical support as per MAHB master plan for Aeropolis mainly for Pos Aviation and MasKargo. Has the pan changed again?

https://fiata.com/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/recent_views/RAP/FIATA World Congress 2017 - RAP - KLIA Aeropolis MAHB Mr B Ghazali.pdf

Long term growth yes maybe but our transit volume is not on par for such expansion. MTB and Satelite is in dire need of an overhaul. Secondary Airports like pen, bki are in need of aircraft bays but our politicians are busy looking to relocate of expanding airport terminals instead of quikly amending any immediate issue. Bali and phuket did a good job in these aspects by expanding the remote apron quickly to fix parking issues.

This LCCT is certainly more users friendly than KLIA2, cheaper to build and operate. However, arrival immigration seems undersized and should move arrival kerbside to car park building like most new terminals in China. If this ever is built, bet AK and D7 will move there.

11 hours ago, KK Lee said:

If this ever is built, bet AK and D7 will move there.

They most likely would, if they are behind this proposal..... ;)

If.

13 hours ago, jani said:

They most likely would, if they are behind this proposal..... ;)

If.

Big big IF. Lolx........they are laying low at the moment, don't think they have the guts to present this grand plan atm.

Can't find much about Gerbang Perkasa company information. I wonder how did a young company get to present such a grand plan? Would like to know who are behind them. 

I really hope they can make the immigration counters and departure holding areas wide and spacious. 

10 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Big big IF. Lolx........they are laying low at the moment, don't think they have the guts to present this grand plan atm.

Can't find much about Gerbang Perkasa company information. I wonder how did a young company get to present such a grand plan? Would like to know who are behind them. 

I really hope they can make the immigration counters and departure holding areas wide and spacious. 

I just gave you a big hint ;)

Anyway, the date on this presentation is 10th October 2019. Well before all this Airbus/Rolls Royce drama.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:32 AM, KK Lee said:

This LCCT is certainly more users friendly than KLIA2, cheaper to build and operate. However, arrival immigration seems undersized and should move arrival kerbside to car park building like most new terminals in China. If this ever is built, bet AK and D7 will move there.

Yes, the cavernous immigration area in the LCCT for both arrivals and departures are a distant memory now. I am sure AK and D7 groups will move over since they have never been happy with klia2 till this day. 

Sign in to follow this