MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Keith T

EK's success story

Some food for thought:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...0-23349,00.html

Seems like this juggernaut will be the next airline that "even other airlines talk about." Or it already is. Provides some much needed inspiration for troubled carriers like MH.

Article also provided some hints with EK's expansion plans - flying the 772LR into ORD and IAH.

Edited by Keith T

60 Long range plane, where could they fly this. How many cities really far away need LR service, I guess the frequency is high...............all the best to Imran fav. airline! ;)

EK have lots of support from their rich goverment.

Oh man...do I really have to do this again.... :blink:

The Emirates Group, comprising the airline and its other subsidiary companies do not, in any way, receive any financial assistance from the U.A.E government.

Although the Dubai government as a whole are shareholders, they do not contribute more than the value of the shares they own in the airline.

Oh man...do I really have to do this again.... :blink:

The Emirates Group, comprising the airline and its other subsidiary companies do not, in any way, receive any financial assistance from the U.A.E government.

Although the Dubai government as a whole are shareholders, they do not contribute more than the value of the shares they own in the airline.

If then, what really makes EK success and expanding in such a fast rate? :huh: :huh:

Thanks Imran

If then, what really makes EK success and expanding in such a fast rate? :huh: :huh:

Thanks Imran

Better products, new planes, high quality services, efficient air/ground crews, amazing hub, spnsored world class events(Arsenal, F1 etc.), low price etc.

Imran, just wandering can any prove EK don't get gov. sub, cuz I just wanna know :rolleyes:

Thanx.

Better products, new planes, high quality services, efficient air/ground crews, amazing hub, spnsored world class events(Arsenal, F1 etc.), low price etc.

Imran, just wandering can any prove EK don't get gov. sub, cuz I just wanna know :rolleyes:

Thanx.

Well, Seth, It comes the Question of Chicken or Egg.

Yes, I agree with you that high quality services, efficient air/ground crews are really the main reasons for an airline to be success, however, if Ek got not enough money, how could they provide lower price together with better products, as well as operate new planes with high quality, and never to mention about the sponsorship.

And finally goes to what you doubted, "any prove EK don't get gov. sub"? :p

The proof is out there. Emirates have made their Final Accounts public for the past 3 years. If you're really dying to see for yourself...go find it.

The proof is out there. Emirates have made their Final Accounts public for the past 3 years. If you're really dying to see for yourself...go find it.

Imran, don't be angry ;)

We do believe in you, but still, as I asked before, what make(s) EK success and expand in such a fast speed? :)

Cause I am not so familiar with Ek as you do, so it will be excellent if you can explain to me. B)

Imran, don't be angry ;)

We do believe in you, but still, as I asked before, what make(s) EK success and expand in such a fast speed? :)

Cause I am not so familiar with Ek as you do, so it will be excellent if you can explain to me. B)

Haha...im not angry mate! :lol:

Well...can I explain tomorrow ah...sleepy wor.. :(

Sure EK very rich :) Look what they sponsor........

Arsenal-USD178M

Sponsor Aresenal shirts for 8 years

Victoria Racing Club-7 years

Riyadh Cricket Association(RCA)

FIFA-$195m-8 years from 2007

Melbourne Cup

Visa

Coca-Cola

Adidas

Sony

Hyundai

BMW International Open

England Seven- 3 years

Breeders Cup race

Sponsor Refrees in all professional games in England-Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL)

Team New Zealand's 2007 America's Cup challenge

Asian Football Confederation's (AFC) Women's Championship

Dubai World Cup

Dubai Tennis Championship

Asian Open

Raid Rally

etc.

I would love to own this airline :) :)

Sure EK very rich :) Look what they sponsor........

I would love to own this airline :) :)

Throught their sponsorship, I can confirm EK is an international airlines :p :p :p :p

Howcome they can still sponsor so many activities under the high fuel price.

They got an ID90 for their fuel?

"........debunked any accusations that Emirates receives free or discounted jet fuel, or hidden government support and subsidies. Success, he said, was based on a sound and simple business model that focus on growth and investing in innovations to keep ahead of the competition." - Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Emirates Airlines

and

"We did not charge hundreds of miles into the heart of Iraq, pay a bitter cost of casualties, defeat a ruthless dictator and liberate 25 million people only to retreat before a band of thugs and assassins"-Mr Bush, Iraq

"........debunked any accusations that Emirates receives free or discounted jet fuel, or hidden government support and subsidies. Success, he said, was based on a sound and simple business model that focus on growth and investing in innovations to keep ahead of the competition." - Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Emirates Airlines

and

"We did not charge hundreds of miles into the heart of Iraq, pay a bitter cost of casualties, defeat a ruthless dictator and liberate 25 million people only to retreat before a band of thugs and assassins"-Mr Bush, Iraq

Seth, any equal sign in bewteen the two quotations based on the main ideas?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suspect they "did not charge hundreds of miles into the heart of Iraq, pay a bitter cost of casualties, defeat a ruthless dictator and liberate 25 million people" for the sake of the Iraqi's either (not wholly anyway) !!

Sorry, if your confused state of mind due to Pakcik going OT previously :) ! The elderly mind tends to wander off periodically

Pakcik...

My confused state of mind is due to the last minute cramming for finals...

You OT didnt make things better :lol: :lol:

Dont worry...we're cool! :)

As in most forums, got to take it with a pinch of salt. Some smack of pure jealousy, while there are a few valid points.

Yeah and i agree with some of the posters there :)

As in most forums, got to take it with a pinch of salt. Some smack of pure jealousy, while there are a few valid points.

Well you can argue over opinion but not the fact :)

Either way, no explaination :huh:

40 A380-800

40 A380-900

50 A350-900

26 777-300ER

4 A340-500

20 A340-600

and more

Roughly 180 brand new aircrafts for Emirates. Their profit can't even buy 3x A380 ;)

I think they just buy what they need and spend carefully on their profit. THat make the different with those airline who buy when ppl buy and just follow the trend.

This is what happens today in our society rite..ppl just buy and buy..

40 A380-800

40 A380-900

50 A350-900

26 777-300ER

4 A340-500

20 A340-600

and more

Roughly 180 brand new aircrafts for Emirates. Their profit can't even buy 3x A380 ;)

You obviously havent realized the purpose of "Aircraft Financing" by large banks. Obviously EK cant afford all those aircrafts in one go...which is why they've taken sorta large loans which enable them to purchase the aircrafts. The banks will pay for the plane...and EK slowly pays them back.

Affects their liquidity and gearing ratios...but they seem to be doing quite well.