MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Raj

Auckland Spotting..25.04.06

You should know by now that Freedom Air is the no-frills subsidiary of Air NZ. Virtually all Freedom Air's A320 follows Air NZ's registration. ZK-OJK and OJL, I think Air NZ ordered them but decided to chuck them to Freedomair (SJ). Also read about how Freedomair crew will operate on behalf of Air NZ for all their A320 services (but still keep Air NZ livery but staff get paid with Freedomair's rate).

I have been on Air NZ flights served by Freedomair crew in Freedomair uniform but still call it an Air NZ flight, weird. Have you seen the new Air NZ uniform? Looks Thurderbird-ish!! :lol:

Thanks Sneeze and aaronngyk...

Where did these Planes come in From..??

I saw the Schedule and it said sumthing Like Frankfurt,Chicago and another place I can't remember and then It Came to Auckland..Was Sumthing Like That..But not too sure if it was Atlas Air..

You Guys Know how Often ANZ and QFA both Come to uckland..??Like In a Week..

No Problem Pieter..

AKL/MEL/PVG/GYD/FRA/ORD/HNL/AKL

Which GYD/HNL is fuel stop

Not too sure Sneeze, Gotta Ask Imran...But Sneeze only the 777-300ER's have got Red Belly..That was a non ER..

yeah, all i know now is B773ER and A380 as well

I just not sure if there any other having such belly.

You should know by now that Freedom Air is the no-frills subsidiary of Air NZ. Virtually all Freedom Air's A320 follows Air NZ's registration. ZK-OJK and OJL, I think Air NZ ordered them but decided to chuck them to Freedomair (SJ). Also read about how Freedomair crew will operate on behalf of Air NZ for all their A320 services (but still keep Air NZ livery but staff get paid with Freedomair's rate).

I have been on Air NZ flights served by Freedomair crew in Freedomair uniform but still call it an Air NZ flight, weird. Have you seen the new Air NZ uniform? Looks Thurderbird-ish!! :lol:

The new uniform......no comments....luckily I don't need to wear....hohohoho

I am still waiting ZK-OKE/F/G/H.....

How many EKs are with Red belly?

This Question For Imran to Answer.. HehehehHE :lol:

Nice Raj Love All your Approach shot.. :D

Looks Thurderbird-ish!! :lol:

Yup That's Write SV, The perfect word to describe them..I kinda Like it.

Thanks Norman...

Really Glad you liked them Ibrahim..

"AKL/MEL/PVG/GYD/FRA/ORD/HNL/AKL"..Wow that's like a really long route.. :lol:

Hey Azman, Yea the 767's got a slightly plain Livery..No Idea Why..

Looks Like a lil bit of Paint is peeling of from the Tail Section..

SV, so how many T7 did Air New Zealand Order??

Are all ANZ 767's Gone..Find it hard to Spot Them These Days..

hey ANZ did order two 7E7 rite?

Edited by raj

Ok More Shots..

Saab 340..Got this same Planes last Week..ZK-FXA...

IPB Image

Origin Pacific Blue..My First Catch of this Airline :) ..Pieter, What Type of Aircraft is this?? Don't Know Much About props..Need your Help.. :lol:

IPB Image

Air New Zealand 737..ZK-NGO

IPB Image

Pieter, Got u a Trislander.. :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sneeze 3 CX Departure Shots for you..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Enjoy..Few More to Come..

Ahaha,

With all the ATR's u get at Christchurch, You Make me Jealous.. :lol: :lol:

Ahaha,

With all the ATR's u get at Christchurch, You Make me Jealous.. :lol: :lol:

Take em. I don't mind a tiny bit. :lol:

Only time when I hope to see other airlines coming in is when there is a heavy fog in NZAA. I have heard of MH B772 diverting to NZCH last year during the fog but I was in uni at the time. :angry:

Imran is here Sneeze..dont worry! :p

Hmm...as of now...EK has 13 777-300ER's, all of which have that "Red Belly" decal on it. There are also 2 A340-500's sporting that red belly decal...but last I heard, they will be removed.. :blink:

Sneeze 3 CX Departure Shots for you..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Enjoy..Few More to Come..

Thanks raj, this is a flight that I hope to fly on as soon as possible,

and New Zealand is a place that I hope to visit as quick as I can as wel.

But sadly, I am not rich. :( enough to fly there.

That Origin Pacific bird you have taken is a Jetstream something I believe.

Check www.originpacific.co.nz

Air NZ ordered 10x Boeing 777-200ER and 4x 787 (7E7 is now 787) I believe. They still have a handful of 767-319ERs and some of them left the fleet to join Royal Brunei on a lease deal. Will expect 767-319ERs to remain in Air NZ fleet until the arrival of the 787s. All 767-219ERs have been retired last year. Don't count on me as Air NZ is my least favourite airline, don't really give a tickle of what they are up to really. I am the kind of guy who will choose to fly QF anyday.

Only time when I hope to see other airlines coming in is when there is a heavy fog in NZAA. I have heard of MH B772 diverting to NZCH last year during the fog but I was in uni at the time.

It is quite common for MH, CX, TG,SQ to appear at CHC when there's a fog at AKL. WLG on the other hand is too small to handle anything beyond the size of 767-300ERs.

Edited by S V Choong

Raj,

the lower and the upper scenic lookout areas are the new ones...if u come from Manukau, on Puhinui Rd, when u see the sign that brown ''scenic lookout area 200m on left'' sign, just immediately behind that sign post, look for a narrow little road on your left. the road has a lot of potholes because it not maintained anymore, but the rubbish bins are still there. it's elevated, so it's slightly higher than Puhinui road.

It is quite common for MH, CX, TG,SQ to appear at CHC when there's a fog at AKL. WLG on the other hand is too small to handle anything beyond the size of 767-300ERs.

I've only heard of one or two occassions last year when some of the carriers was diverted due to heavy fog. It's quite unusual for heavy fog to hang around AKL into the afternoon. Unlike WLG where it happened, something like every two days at one stage last year? :blink:

So you Aucklanders, please inform me if there is any heavy fog coming. :rolleyes:

Ricky, I Wish i Could.. :lol: ..But i guess like all the smaller companies Like Mount Cook, Air Nelson, and Air New Zealand Link are all based at a Certain Airport..Like U see more ATR's Belonging to Mt Cook at Christchurch..Loks Of Beechcrafts belonging to ANZ Link at Auckland..Air Nelson, My guess is Nelson or Wellington..Is What i'm saying kinda True or just happens to Be True.. :lol:

Ricky, Just watch the Weather Part on One News..They Will Inform you..

Hey S Chang, I Believe his Road has been Closed..Cause i was looking for this road the other time when i went spotting..It Belongs to Auckland Airport Now..They Put up a Huge Fence..

Sneeze, No Problem Man..I on The other Would love to come to Hong Kong..First gotta save summ $$$$... :)

SV, But AIr New Zealand T7 is actually really nice to Fly On..My dad was on Board the Flight from SIN to AKL..He said the Service was good, Seats were very comfartable, Had Quite alot of Leg Room,,And Their Inflight Entertainment was Quite Good..Evan This guy on had Put up a Comment on Airliners.net saying that he had a good Flying on Aboard Air NZ..

'There are also 2 A340-500's sporting that red belly decal...but last I heard, they will be removed.. '

Imran ANy IDea Why??

Well Atleast I have Managed to Spot one of Them..One More to go.. :lol:

Edited by raj

Sneeze, No Problem Man..I on The other Would love to come to Hong Kong..First gotta save summ $$$$... :)

Hey, raj, may i know any cheapest way from HKG to WLG?

transit by SQ or MH or TG? :(

Sneeze, is It Expensice to fly Directly From Hong Kong to AKL or you Prefer to go Thrue MH,SQ or TG..Well if u want to go to wellington from Hong Kong...Might as well Fly From Hong Kong to Auckland..Then Buy a Domestic ticket onboard either Air New Zealand or Qantas to Wellington From Auckland..

Sneeze go here and check the flight and Prices..http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/default.htm

The do tend to have cheap fares from AKL to WLG..When u commin??

I WIll Let u Know When They Happen to Have a Sale..

SV, But AIr New Zealand T7 is actually really nice to Fly On..My dad was on Board the Flight from SIN to AKL..He said the Service was good, Seats were very comfartable, Had Quite alot of Leg Room,,And Their Inflight Entertainment was Quite Good..Evan This guy on had Put up a Comment on Airliners.net saying that he had a good Flying on Aboard Air NZ..

To be honest, I don't really give a tickle if their 777s are great to fly on or not. MAS' 777s are better than theirs anyday. I have tried Air NZ couple of times even on their 763s to SIN. I hated it downright, especially the service, it is poor. The F/As aren't as friendly as QF's (despite most people claimed they are). I find them overated by a bunch of loyal or nationalist New Zealanders. Just look at the awards, they don't score as well as QF and that says a lot about things, doesn't it?

Their VS style business class is on angle and in my opinion is rather awful during take off and landing. The seats won't lie flat by the push of a button. You have to get the F/A over and they will lie it flat for you.

For domestic flights, they are cheap and nasty. The seats on their 733s are awful and doesn't recline very much. They switch off their screens on domestic flights, whereas QF screens at least some in-flight entertainment.

I did try the Air NZ link ATR-72s from CHC-ZQN (Christchurch - Queenstown). ATR-72s belongs to Mt Cook Airlines (now a member of Air NZ Group). It is just an ordinary craft, nothing special of it. Would prefer the Dutch made F-27s and F-50s anyday :)

I also tried the Origin Pacific Dash 8 (inherited from the defunct Qantas NZ or Ansett NZ franchise fleet). The Dash 8 did not have a single toilet! I was on a flight from WLG-CHC which lasts for about 1 hour. So any toilet emergency will have to wait until arrival and by the time you could be in the hospital already. :lol:

Sneeze, is It Expensice to fly Directly From Hong Kong to AKL or you Prefer to go Thrue MH,SQ or TG..Well if u want to go to wellington from Hong Kong...Might as well Fly From Hong Kong to Auckland..Then Buy a Domestic ticket onboard either Air New Zealand or Qantas to Wellington From Auckland..

Sneeze go here and check the flight and Prices..http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/default.htm

The do tend to have cheap fares from AKL to WLG..When u commin??

I WIll Let u Know When They Happen to Have a Sale..

Well, price for direct flt is extremely expensive, which would cost me over HKD$5K to 6K. :(

Therefore, why I would like to select transit flight. <_>

Also, I can be benefited with the during the transits, since I can have shots inside the transit airport. ;)

I am not sure when I will go for such trip. But if I am not coming before 2007's summer, then I think chance for me to come is very less in my rest of life. :p