MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

2020 Aircraft Deliveries to AirAsia & AirAsia X Groups, MAG & Malindo/Batik Malaysia

The two former AirAsia A320-216 leased to PIA Pakistan International Airlines via Asia Aviation Capital (AAC) have been returned from lease. Both are now at CGK underoing pre-delivery check. 

• AP-BLY    2926 15 years old, ex-9M-AFL
  • AP-BLZ    2944 15 years old,  ex-9M-AFM

The two airframes are from the first batch of A320ceo AirAsia flew back in 2006.

Edited by JuliusWong

An airline which is often forgotten about is Malindo and with international travel recommencing here in Australia and flights to Perth set to recommence, I’ve just been researching the current Malindo B737 fleet and I was unaware at how decimated their former reasonably sized fleet has become. 

Is it correct they just have -LCR, LNP and LNV left in active service? 

15 minutes ago, Tom/PER said:

An airline which is often forgotten about is Malindo and with international travel recommencing here in Australia and flights to Perth set to recommence, I’ve just been researching the current Malindo B737 fleet and I was unaware at how decimated their former reasonably sized fleet has become. 

Yes those 3 and If not mistake they have 3 max 8 coming this year. Next year another 6

On 9/17/2021 at 10:15 PM, JuliusWong said:

First three B737MAX 8 have been assigned:

43016    7721    Boeing 737-8 MAX    9M-LRG     Batik Air Malaysia        On Order    N1781B        
43017    7778    Boeing 737-8 MAX    9M-LRH     Batik Air Malaysia        On Order    N1780B        
43018    7794    Boeing 737-8 MAX    9M-LRJ     Batik Air Malaysia        On Order    N1800B

Source: https://www.planespotters.net/production-list/Boeing/737/737-MAX-8?sort=airline&p=3

identity crisis again???

6 hours ago, Tom/PER said:

Yes, back in 2020/2021, Malindo has sent most of their B738/B739ER fleet back to main parent company, some flew from SZB/KUL to the US directly as part of Delta Air Lines's purchase for 29 used B739ER. Currently all parked at San Bernardino - International Airport, waiting for pre-induction checks. Only LNP and LNV left now with Malindo, LNR is now with Indonesia Batik Air as PK-LZT.

The first three B737MAX have been lined up too, initially reported last year September.

Malindo.jpg

Edited by JuliusWong

Many thanks for your responses - I’m guessing in the interim that 738/739’s could always be transferred back across from the parent company. 

2 hours ago, Tom/PER said:

Many thanks for your responses - I’m guessing in the interim that 738/739’s could always be transferred back across from the parent company. 

Yes, Lion Air has their own leasing arm called Transportation Partners, HQ is in Singapore, which can move some of their B738/B739 around its affiliates. Other lessors are now repossessing some of their B738 and A320ceo fleet, while they are adding many more ex-IndiGo (6E) A320ceo to their new start up Super Air Jet. The Group is a mess. Branding and fleet configuration all over the place.

The Max should carry Batik Air branding as that was what it was operating as previously.