MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Andrew David

Australia, New Zealand extend aviation agreements

Australia, New Zealand extend aviation agreements with EU

06.23.2005, 07:57 AM

BRUSSELS (AFX) - Australia and New Zealand have extended their aviation agreements with the EU, removing certain restrictions for airlines, the European Commission said.

Under the old agreements, an EU airline could only operate flights to Australia or New Zealand from its home member state. The new agreements allow any EU airline to operate flights to those countries from any member state where it has a base.

Source : Forbes

I don't understand why the restrictions were there in the first place . to me , i feel it doesn't make any sense . anyone care to enlighten me ?

Australia, New Zealand extend aviation agreements with EU

06.23.2005, 07:57 AM

BRUSSELS (AFX) - Australia and New Zealand have extended their aviation agreements with the EU, removing certain restrictions for airlines, the European Commission said.

Under the old agreements, an EU airline could only operate flights to Australia or New Zealand from its home member state. The new agreements allow any EU airline to operate flights to those countries from any member state where it has a base.

Source : Forbes

I don't understand why the restrictions were there in the first place . to me , i feel it doesn't make any sense . anyone care to enlighten me ?

97[/snapback]

Seems to me to be a legacy issue and a rectification to keep up with times. The EU has moved on since then where borders are fast "disappearing".

Sign in to follow this