MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

20th anniversary MAS KUL-LAX Flight..any plans for the anniversary celebrations?

On July 31st,2006,Malaysia Airlines Kuala Lumpur (KUL)-Los Angeles (LAX) route is now 20 years old.Is there any plans by the MAS management to celebrate the 20th anniversary of KUL-LAX route ?

Water canon........Welcome ceremony from Politicians.........free stuff........may be duit raya............... :p

I doubt they are going to make a big thing about it Tamizi.

"They are not performing well on that route", some rumours claimed and

I don't think it is MH's flagship route so perhaps nothing would be mentioned.

But never know, the stars may be shinning for MH and they may be planning

something ?

:D

Why don't me and MAS celebrate it together :p , I'm gonna be 20 this May,

my 20 birthday will also mark exactly 10 years of my first dirtbike accident. horrible accident on birthday

Azuddin

my 20 birthday will also mark exactly 10 years of my first dirtbike accident. horrible accident on birthday

Azuddin

me too getting 20 this year.... but on december.... if there is celebration on this route.. i hope there's discount fair or what for a couple of month.... so i can take MH if i am going over to LA :p

me too getting 20 this year.... but on december.... if there is celebration on this route.. i hope there's discount fair or what for a couple of month.... so i can take MH if i am going over to LA :p

good idea

Azuddin

Azuddin

Good one...BTW,your first dirtbike accident on birthday.....ouch,that's gonna hurt :wacko:

Good one...BTW,your first dirtbike accident on birthday.....ouch,that's gonna hurt :wacko:

a bit off topic

it does hurt, i rip my knee. the accident is actually collision with my friend who is also dirtbiking with me that day.

Azuddin

I don't think there will be any event happen as MH don't have money now and CEO also did mention no more big promotion so to save money.

Celebrate a lost making route? KUL/LAX has never made any money. The only reason why it is still online is to fly the flag!

:o

Celebrate a lost making route? KUL/LAX has never made any money. The only reason why it is still online is to fly the flag!

MH can be competitive if they drop the pric a lil' bit. Check MH flight from LAX-KUL around $1800 but on SQ LAX-KUL only $800 :o

MH can be competitive if they drop the pric a lil' bit. Check MH flight from LAX-KUL around $1800 but on SQ LAX-KUL only $800 :o

Same for KUL/LHR, The cheapest available is RM4121 while SQ is RM3417 only. And now there's rumor that they will reduce their seat pitch in EY, man ...... this is bad, very bad. I hope it's just a plain rumor.

I see star alliance has the cheapest route to Asia. you can get SFO-BKK for aslow as $700. My friend from Bangkok used to fly this route before connecting to IAH.

Same for KUL/LHR, The cheapest available is RM4121 while SQ is RM3417 only. And now there's rumor that they will reduce their seat pitch in EY, man ...... this is bad, very bad. I hope it's just a plain rumor.

Kidding me, book EK LHR-KUL only RM2506 while MH charged RM4432 :blink: :blink: -what you think? :rolleyes:

Think this, TPE-KUL priced the same as TPE-BKI-KUL ;)

Edited by Seth K

Kidding me, book EK LHR-KUL only RM2506

WOW ! Where did you see that fare ? I did a search at emirates.com and the cheapest i found is RM3511 (LGW) and RM3546 (LHR). SQ is cheaper (RM3417).

At orbitz.com, they give you $692 for LHR-KUL, this website offer a really low price(believe me, use this thousands time) but you must live in US(may be Europe too) to be able to book from there and the flight must origin from US or Europe. There are some more offer cheaper than orbitz but can't remember any right now. :)

At orbitz.com, they give you $692 for LHR-KUL, this website offer a really low price(believe me, use this thousands time) but you must live in US(may be Europe too) to be able to book from there and the flight must origin from US or Europe. There are some more offer cheaper than orbitz but can't remember any right now. :)

WOW ! Thanks, Seth.

By the way, Malaysian can get super cheap SQ tickets from some travel agencies throughout Malaysia, it's guaranteed to be cheaper than MH's. My dad always did this last time.

WOW ! Thanks, Seth.

By the way, Malaysian can get super cheap SQ tickets from some travel agencies throughout Malaysia, it's guaranteed to be cheaper than MH's. My dad always did this last time.

Check this out-www.kayak.com Isaac, you can book from anywhere from this site, cheaper than orbitz(book my flight to HK with this), offer KUL-LHR at RM2757(JL and QF), and you can book it from KUL or anywhere, this thingy is worldwide not limited to North America and Europe, hope this help some people to cut cost for vacation :)

FOUND ROUNDTRIP KUL-LHR-KUL FOR ONLY RM2923 :blink: , TIME TO GO VACATION MW's!

one way 2757, roundtrip 2923 :blink: , say what u want :)

Edited by Seth K

Check this out-www.kayak.com Isaac, you can book from anywhere from this site, cheaper than orbitz(book my flight to HK with this), offer KUL-LHR at RM2757(JL and QF), and you can book it from KUL or anywhere, this thingy is worldwide not limited to North America and Europe, hope this help some people to cut cost for vacation :)

FOUND ROUNDTRIP KUL-LHR-KUL FOR ONLY RM2923 :blink: , TIME TO GO VACATION MW's!

one way 2757, roundtrip 2923 :blink: , say what u want :)

Cool ! Thanks Seth :p

The name sounds really weird, Kayak :huh: LOL !