Jump to content
MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

As KLIA2’s faulty runway still causing delays, AirAsia says it could hurt Visit Malaysia Year 2020

Recommended Posts

Sounds fairly familiar to how annoying ryanair and easyjet are in europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't get AK's moaning about delays. It is not like klia2 is miles away from 32L the way the Polderbaan is at Schiphol.

Honestly, it's a pity that TF took the Michael O'Leary School of Running an Airline. That's why he's throwing a tantrum right now. Should have taken the Herb Kelleher School. 

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pall said:

Then ask AirAsia to operate back at KLIA1, who asked them to leave in the first place? It is AirAsia who pestered MAHB to build LCCT. Good for everyone AirAsia grew exponentially and needed a bigger space, hence why klia2 was made in the first place. Why are they not happy? Yes design issue is the problem, so work your way around it. I'm not denying MAHB could have done a better job with klia2, there are always issues with GLCs which could have done a better job not only for our airports but all of the other infrastructures in the country. But the fact remains AirAsia will never stop complaining be it pre and post GE14 with either sides of the political coin, and they will keep pointing their fingers at everywhere else. We definitely cant be Singapore but it is how it is. They keep pushing on their propaganda to move their main operations out of KUL, look what has happen with the so called shift to Jakarta? Where does it leave them, back to KUL. This tricks don't work elsewhere. Now i heard TF is doing the same scheme at BKK. Let's see how far can it go. 

A little correct there, they did not shift their airline operation to CGK. The  actual intention was to set up a new regional office to allow senior managers to work in a neutral environment free of the day-to-day pressures in the airline’s headquarters at KL, in addition also to facilitate AirAsia Indonesia growth at that time. As Jakarta is also the ASEAN HQ,  it will also help the airline lobby the secretariat of the Association of South East Asian Nations for greater integration in the region. Since then, AirAsia has managed to establish pan-ASEAN airline reach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

A little correct there, they did not shift their airline operation to CGK. The  actual intention was to set up a new regional office to allow senior managers to work in a neutral environment free of the day-to-day pressures in the airline’s headquarters at KL, in addition also to facilitate AirAsia Indonesia growth at that time. As Jakarta is also the ASEAN HQ,  it will also help the airline lobby the secretariat of the Association of South East Asian Nations for greater integration in the region. Since then, AirAsia has managed to establish pan-ASEAN airline reach. 

I think Airasia management plays are more strategic game than most Malaysian businesses. Their operational difficulties are left mostly to their Ops team while management looks at long term strategic decisions. However, when operational issues start to affect their overall big picture, senior management will go to the media to plead their case.

I would say that Airasia would be even more successful had it had better service from its home and HQ airport. Perhaps its plans to be a pan-ASEAN airline were accelerated to overcome the weaknesses in its home country. As such, you see airlines like Thai Airasia X embarking on an aggressive expansion programme while Airasia X Malaysia is managing (a.k.a reducing) its capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think airasia is treated bad in their home ground either. we can see that airasia is ok with requirement at other airports but they always complaining that they can't get their demand met in Malaysia. i have no idea is it their issue or MAHB issue, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kenny Sing said:

i don't think airasia is treated bad in their home ground either. we can see that airasia is ok with requirement at other airports but they always complaining that they can't get their demand met in Malaysia. i have no idea is it their issue or MAHB issue, really.

The key issue is that their HQ is far larger than other stations. Imagine if you operate 4 or 5 times more flights at KUL compared to another airport, any problem will be magnified 4 or 5 times. So it was important for them to manage those problems and solve them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flee said:

The key issue is that their HQ is far larger than other stations. Imagine if you operate 4 or 5 times more flights at KUL compared to another airport, any problem will be magnified 4 or 5 times. So it was important for them to manage those problems and solve them.

Problem is, they're not actively trying to solve them. They're often trying to wangle more from MAHB to the detriment of the airport operator.

They never look for middle ground solutions.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a story...

Red hat and gang would come to airport operator... Ask for 20 things...

Airport operator thought about it... Came back, and said "OK, we can give you 10 things, we can further discuss 5 things.. But we definitely can't do the remaining 5 things".

Tomorrow you will hear all the noise about the 5 things not granted.. In the press.. in the cabinet.. bla bla

Donno la, maybe just a story. Who am I :D

Edited by jani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jani said:

There was a story...

Red hat and gang would come to airport operator... Ask for 20 things...

Airport operator thought about it... Came back, and said "OK, we can give you 10 things, we can further discuss 5 things.. But we definitely can't do the remaining 5 things".

Tomorrow you will hear all the noise about the 5 things not granted.. In the press.. in the cabinet.. bla bla

Donno la, maybe just a story. Who am I :D

Not 5 only lah, must include the 5 that can be further discussed .... then complain about the other 10 being too slow to be implemented or granted. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This runway 33/15 closure shouldn't be an issue at all. On normal days even with all x3 runways in use we can clearly see Airasia planes ( even at peak ) hours taxing all the way from T2 to runway 14L/32R. Literally One end of the world to the other end, causing delays to other T1 traffic and unnecessary workload for ATC. This is the most unprofessional culture airasia can do. I don't blame their crew etc. But the working culture they have is very unprofessional. Have we ever seen T1 traffic using runway 33/15? Unless due to bad weather, never.

When runway 32L/32R was closed, i want to ask, do we see MH, OD or any other operators complaining? No. And airasia got the face to cancel flights and blame it on runway closure? Unbelievable.

All stakeholders would have been informed and meetings/agreements settled before the closure of that so called " runway 3 " . Mind you LHR  and  Changi only have x2 runways with even greater traffic volume. Airasia should reconsider their publicity stunts. Very cheap. 

 

Edited by Silverfly07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, flee said:

The key issue is that their HQ is far larger than other stations. Imagine if you operate 4 or 5 times more flights at KUL compared to another airport, any problem will be magnified 4 or 5 times. So it was important for them to manage those problems and solve them.

actually there's an easy way to solve issue, tell TF to revive his labu airport plan, or maybe go ahead with the funding to build then move to much talk about Kulim International Airport and name it the RedFort, station all the ops there, office la, catering la, cargo la, simulator la, academy la, engineering la, whatever it is, you name it, there's 2 runways in kulim international airport for his usage, most important thing is, form a private company to manage the airport like Senai Airport, don't let MAHB handle it. Living standard in Kulim is way cheaper than in Sepang, so his employees will have more in their purse to spend for daily living, and he can bargain a lot from the local transportation company as well since Airais became the major player there. i'm pretty sure it will be well received by Kedah CM.

1 hour ago, Silverfly07 said:

This runway 33/15 closure shouldn't be an issue at all. On normal days even with all x3 runways in use we can clearly see Airasia planes ( even at peak ) hours taxing all the way from T2 to runway 14L/32R. Literally One end of the world to the other end, causing delays to other T1 traffic and unnecessary workload for ATC. This is the most unprofessional culture airasia can do. I don't blame their crew etc. But the working culture they have is very unprofessional. Have we ever seen T1 traffic using runway 33/15? Unless due to bad weather, never.

When runway 32L/32R was closed, i want to ask, do we see MH, OD or any other operators complaining? No. And airasia got the face to cancel flights and blame it on runway closure? Unbelievable.

All stakeholders would have been informed and meetings/agreements settled before the closure of that so called " runway 3 " . Mind you LHR  and  Changi only have x2 runways with even greater traffic volume. Airasia should reconsider their publicity stunts. Very cheap. 

 

yeah, for some unknown reason they like to make those things public. sometimes it's good, but sometimes you got backfire from the actions.

Edited by Kenny Sing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jani said:

Red hat and gang would come to airport operator... Ask for 20 things...

Airport operator thought about it... Came back, and said "OK, we can give you 10 things, we can further discuss 5 things.. But we definitely can't do the remaining 5 things".

Interesting 😀 But from the red hat's perspective, MAHB is the most incompetent airport operator in the world and they are the one limiting red hat's growth, not anything else. Who knew MAHB accommodated red hat even once given that some members of the public thinks that they are enemies 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Kenny Sing said:

yeah, for some unknown reason they like to make those things public. sometimes it's good, but sometimes you got backfire from the actions.

I'd say majority of the public buy into his BS. Hence he's still doing it. When T2 pax requires a slightly longer taxi or hold, they'd now blame MAHB, not knowing that AK Group agreed to the scheduled closure. Sure everybody wants lower PSC and I am aware that some pax do get lower prices from the lower PSC, but the main benefactor is AK Group (plus Indigo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kenny Sing said:

airasia always selling the idea of lower psc for better affordability, while they didn't look at their ticket pricing.

I would not say that it is the only item but it figures in their revenue management calculations. Still, they can sell a lot of tickets because they are constantly "promoting" their tickets throughout the year. They do a lot of sponsorships and PR stunts too. So people think about their brand when booking a ticket. These days, you have to be a full time Airasia ticket price checker if you are going to get anything cheap from Airasia! :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flee said:

..... So people think about their brand when booking a ticket. These days, you have to be a full time Airasia ticket price checker if you are going to get anything cheap from Airasia! :rofl:

I think they are now reaping fruits of their "we're cheap, cheaper than you know who ......" campaigns of yesteryears (well, at least for us Malaysians) :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Silverfly07 said:

This runway 33/15 closure shouldn't be an issue at all. On normal days even with all x3 runways in use we can clearly see Airasia planes ( even at peak ) hours taxing all the way from T2 to runway 14L/32R. Literally One end of the world to the other end, causing delays to other T1 traffic and unnecessary workload for ATC. This is the most unprofessional culture airasia can do. I don't blame their crew etc. But the working culture they have is very unprofessional. Have we ever seen T1 traffic using runway 33/15? Unless due to bad weather, never.

When runway 32L/32R was closed, i want to ask, do we see MH, OD or any other operators complaining? No. And airasia got the face to cancel flights and blame it on runway closure? Unbelievable.

All stakeholders would have been informed and meetings/agreements settled before the closure of that so called " runway 3 " . Mind you LHR  and  Changi only have x2 runways with even greater traffic volume. Airasia should reconsider their publicity stunts. Very cheap. 

 

1) ATC only allows 32R departures for KLIA2 if condition permits. The onus is on them. Unprofessional working culture is a very harsh word.

2) Can you mention any instances where 32R and 32L are closed for an extended period of time (like for months?). 33 is undergoing its second major repair work since in service.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Walter Sim said:

1) ATC only allows 32R departures for KLIA2 if condition permits. The onus is on them. Unprofessional working culture is a very harsh word.

2) Can you mention any instances where 32R and 32L are closed for an extended period of time (like for months?). 33 is undergoing its second major repair work since in service.

 

Not sure on klia. But in bki u guys are always the one to rob pushback sequence. Tow truck is not in place but already requesting atc clearance. Asking for high speed descent asking to overtake ATR72s and going below profile. But over other countries u guys act so holy abiding the speed limit. Going non standard requests is very common in malaysia. 😂 While giving out discount id tickets to atc staffs. The list can go on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jahur said:

Not sure on klia. But in bki u guys are always the one to rob pushback sequence. Tow truck is not in place but already requesting atc clearance. Asking for high speed descent asking to overtake ATR72s and going below profile. But over other countries u guys act so holy abiding the speed limit. Going non standard requests is very common in malaysia. 😂 While giving out discount id tickets to atc staffs. The list can go on. 

Haha they don't know ATR maintain 240kts until 7-10 miles final. Over the radio " aihh slow aircraft ". During climb maybe but nah not on descent and approach mate. You maintain your 250kts strictly below 10.

Ok la rwy closure not 1 month, but still closure 2-3 weeks. It was notamed 🤣but as you can see no one makes a noise. Not even in news like " RWY 3 ". Other than that yes its true mahb can do a lot of improvements on T2 side. That i agree also.

But publicity like that is a no no.

Edited by Silverfly07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BC Tam said:

I think they are now reaping fruits of their "we're cheap, cheaper than you know who ......" campaigns of yesteryears (well, at least for us Malaysians) :)

Yes, I think that does not apply only to leisure travellers - corporate travel planners also believe that myth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 7:54 PM, Silverfly07 said:

This runway 33/15 closure shouldn't be an issue at all. On normal days even with all x3 runways in use we can clearly see Airasia planes ( even at peak ) hours taxing all the way from T2 to runway 14L/32R. Literally One end of the world to the other end, causing delays to other T1 traffic and unnecessary workload for ATC. This is the most unprofessional culture airasia can do. I don't blame their crew etc. But the working culture they have is very unprofessional. Have we ever seen T1 traffic using runway 33/15? Unless due to bad weather, never.

When runway 32L/32R was closed, i want to ask, do we see MH, OD or any other operators complaining? No. And airasia got the face to cancel flights and blame it on runway closure? Unbelievable.

All stakeholders would have been informed and meetings/agreements settled before the closure of that so called " runway 3 " . Mind you LHR  and  Changi only have x2 runways with even greater traffic volume. Airasia should reconsider their publicity stunts. Very cheap. 

MH plus OD flights don't even add up to the number of flights the Airasia and Airasia X groups operate. Their operations are less complex and they have fewer destinations to juggle with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KK Lee said:

Even with 3 runways in operation, it is common for MH 9am bank of departure to queue for 20 minutes to take off. 

I don't think ops in KUL are as efficient as at some other major airports like LHR - they have lower throughput. The traffic jam is not only at KUL as many flights also need to vie for airspace in the South China sea air corridors. We also have to be wary of the safety implications if we try to stack traffic too dense. MH370 is still missing and we still don't have answers as to how flight controllers managed to overlook this flight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flee said:

MH plus OD flights don't even add up to the number of flights the Airasia and Airasia X groups operate. Their operations are less complex and they have fewer destinations to juggle with.

In Dublin ryanair complained of long taxi length and also are the most notorious for requesting non standard departure and arrivals to save time irritating other carriers. They're also the most noisiest complainers in europe. Not helping is their ceo is a noisy lot on social media. Yes they have the volume but you dont see complaints out in the open on others like ba or lh. Believe Ak ops is seriously following neck to neck with Ryanair on unnecessary social outburst and constantly squeezing in shorter turnaround and flights on their planes. It is okay if it does not cause an issue to other carriers but most of the time it does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flee said:

MH plus OD flights don't even add up to the number of flights the Airasia and Airasia X groups operate. Their operations are less complex and they have fewer destinations to juggle with.

Maybe yes but the total number of airline operators in T1 will still surpass T2. And , the total number of destinations for Traffic in T1 is way more than T2 for ATC to handle, that's for sure. 

Care to enlighten how red hat's operations is more complex? How can that be 😂

Edited by Silverfly07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complexity when they declare ready for departure while still starting up the other engine and another traffic is charging in at 4nm final. But its not their problem, its ATCs problem, the traffic behind and the government. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...